AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Tenchu, old and upcoming ones

AF's Idiot of the Month Lord Garma Zabi will become famous soon enough Lord Garma Zabi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2006 09:04 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Tenchu, old and upcoming ones

So tell me, do you like the series? Are you pumped about the upcoming one? Whats your favorite? Most of those won't be answered if you hate the series but I think it is a very unique game that can't be touched by any other stealth game. My favorite is Tenchu 2 since you get to unlock that one guy as a character. I like the title ever since I played the first one.
    Its supposed to be a challenge thats why its called a shortcut, if it were easy it would just be the way.

Join Neo Avalanche today!!!! PM me if you wish to join. We welcome anyone of any level or rep!

People who want to join so far:
    1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

~The Treasured one~ Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2006 10:09 PM
    Threads

Im not as big of a fan of "Tenchu" but i'll have to say outta all three, now four tenchu series, tenchu is my all time best. they were more serious and the story telling was quite meaningful. i enjoyed it. series two and three were okay but the first will always be the best.
    *Family list in journal*
    ~Aisuru~

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:12 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Garma_Zabi
    I think it is a very unique game that can't be touched by any other stealth game.
    Amen, and the reason to that is: Ninja. Ninja's are stealth experts by nature, and there are too few true ninja games out there. Sure, there's ninja gaiden, but that was more a "Oh, look thirteen monsters in a room SLASH! BANG! NINPO! CRASH! no more enemies" Not very stealthy in my opinion. Tenchu rocks, even with the bad camera points.

That, and the lack of a safe option can be improved, however.
    RPG bios (click for more info):

Senior Member Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ein Nineteenth PSN ID: ein_nineteenth

Er. Tenchu is stealth? I thought it was a bunch of half dressed people running around violently killing patrolling people who decided they were'nt going to look up.

I have no major ill will against this game, except for the latest one. Fatal Shadows.
    If you are going to name a game "Fatal Shadows" at least go out of your way to include one decent shadow in the area. I never thought during that period of time
    that villages were THAT well lit.
    That "Can't be touched" thing.. Er..Give Laura Croft a sword and a few thousand "ninja" weapons and we have a contender.
    To be honest, every next generation ninja game should be scrapped before they even name it.

WARNING

POSTS BY NINETEENTH CONTAIN OFFENSIVE, DISPICIBLE, AND ABSURD CONTENT THAT IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL AND TOO AWESOME FOR ACTUAL MESSAGEBOARDS. KEEP NINETEENTH OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO NINETEENTH MAY CAUSE CANCER
    HEY LOOK I FINALLY UPDATED THIS AFTER 5 YEARS. DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY REP. YOU WERE NOT HERE WHEN DID THAT AND IT'S A LONG STORY.
    IF SWALLOWED CONTACT A MORTICIAN.

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

O.O!!! I love those games. Too much probably... But the fact that Tatsumaru keeps dying is kind of unnerving...

I think Tenchu is one of the better ninja games.. And some unique characters to boot. But there were times where the whole "stealth" element was getting boring, and I just wanted to jump out and fight all the enemies head on. Co-op is the most fun to do it in... :P

Looking foward to more Tenchu games?.. You bet. ^__^

Lord of the Netherworld _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2005 02:28 PM
    Threads

The 2nd one is my favorite. It's awesome, plus it has a level editor, which is pretty cool, playing on your friends' levels and seeing them play on yours. It's cool because you never get bored.
    Also, it's my favorite for the fact that it is harder then the third one, and since I didn't play the first one too much, can't say too much. That and Tatsumaru is way cooler then Tesshu.

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by 19th
    Er. Tenchu is stealth? I thought it was a bunch of half dressed people running around violently killing patrolling people who decided they were'nt going to look up.

What game have you been playing? Sneaking up to unsuspecting guards is more difficult then you think. Especialy if you don't analyse their paterns (wich means they can turn around when you are right behind them) or if their are more then one gusrd in the room.

Also, I think comparing Lara Croft to Tenchu is like comparing Tenchu to Ninja Gaiden. With Lara, you can take most enemies head-on. With Tenchu, you wont make it past level 2.

Ultimate Omega enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2008 04:08 PM
    Threads

I played the first one, got a lend of the second one and got the third one, theyre class!

~The Treasured one~ Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru has a reputation beyond repute Aisuru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have just recently gotten the newest tenchu series which is "Tenchu:Fatal Shadow" and i was sorta expecting alittle more out of it, but turns out that the Tenchu-mainstay Rikimaru is not even in this series... thats what really through me off. instead theres this new girl thats almost the lenght of my pinky finger -__-.
    Any ways, i must admit that the game play is much more harder when it comes to the enemies. for example, i came across a innocent Geisha walking normally around with a instrumental shamisen along side her back, well she looked to be innocent, but turns to find out that shes running after me trying the kill me! i was mad when i finally relized it.
    Another problem, when starting the game you would expect to go straight to the "Character select" as how every Tenchu game would start you off,right? In this you have to go along with the storyline, meaning you'll have to stick with the person they give you and switch back and forth as you continue to play. i kinda didn't like the way that turned out, but i must admit that the storytelling was pretty strong and connected so well.
    Me rating this game, i'll give it a 7 out of 10...it's OK and the controls are still the same, it's just that it didn't feel the same as the other Tenchu series. They just flipped the scripts on this one.

~Aisuru~
    *Family list in journal*
    ~Aisuru~

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ ... So Rikimaru is gone? Are there any of the original characters still in the game? (I think I'll rent it sometime soon...)

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah, only Ayane, but to me she kinda didn't have anything to do with the storyline, it wasn't about her at all but rather it was more about the new Character Rin who sorta looks like tatsumaru in some ways.
    Although i was still mad about Rikimaru not appearing in this one, Ayane didn't even mention his name nor anything about his whereabout...so i have no clue what happened to him-he's just nothing towards this game. But unexpectiedly Tesshu from "Tenchu: wrath of heavens" made his appearence...yeah, i was just as shocked...
    Well it only took me a day to beat the entire game, so there's still lots to unlock...hopefully Rikimaru is some kinda secret character...but how the way things are look'n, i'd think there's no chance...only time will tell.

~Aisuru~
    *Family list in journal*
    ~Aisuru~

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

... Whatever happened to Rikimaru in the last game? He beat Tenrai, and then "poof", he was gone. They couldn't have cut him off there.. he must be an unlockable character...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Rikimaru had Two endings and it's hard to determined which one is right...either ways, he still won. so i guess he did just up and disappeared without a trace.
    if Rikimaur was to appear in "Fatal Shadow" than he wouldn't have a story to play a part in...he'll just be good enough to be played on Stage selections.

One of the options that i've unlocked was the new outfit customize screen where i can change the two main characters clothings in the game. Ayane, for one has her original ninjitsu outfit from tenchu 3, then the rest of her outfits are left in blink, meaning she either has more, or Rikimaru is one of them. so i just gotta finsh it till then.

~Aisuru~
    *Family list in journal*
    ~Aisuru~

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I see... Well, I really hope they at least have Rikimaru as an unlockable character. I mean, I think is was a stupid call on the creators part to leave him out on everything. He was too good of a character to leave out all together.

But I am glad that Tatsumaru can finally rest in peace. He kept dying and then being brought back to life.. good thing he's being left alone.. for once.

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

Tenchu is fricken amazing, i loved the games! The 3rd was my fav as it had interesting new features such as where you complete a set amount of stealth kills and upon completion of the stage you would be rewarded with a technique up until you get the Wrath of Heaven.

Not to mention the multiplayer mode, me and my friend had so much fun on that, we completly played this game to death! I can remember when we found the missions hard in multiplayer, we kept playing the game till we done it all. It then became to easy so to make things more interesting and harder we put the difficuty on the hardest... that became to easy... to make things even more harder, we had to stealth kill every enemy and if we failed then we would restart the stage. Again.... got too easy, to make it that much more harder we had to double stealth kill every enemy. And we done that for all the stages. In the end we started to complete the game's levels and get grandmaster rank on all of them and all difficulties with Teshu also... yes.. we played the game to death!! Also we would plan out each kill in the multiplayer when we made it harder, we would rehearse it, we would make use of all items and cover, and we would kill the enemies as how they are meant to be... with stealth and cunning, what a team we made, i'd love for it to have an online Vs mode, that way we could test ourselves against some challenging people!

One more thing... Kagura... RULES, by far my most fav character to use in multiplayer, i just love her style, appearance, moves, everything! Oh there was one thing that we never done.... boss survival.. we never completed that, curse you Onikage!

For playable characters i did like Ayame best but i prefered to use Rikimaru. I thought he was more playable and the way he stealth killed was smooth. Which means i could quickly dispose of the enemy and move to the next victim. The game did have a few faults, like the grapling hook animations always bugged me, they dissobey the laws of physics and gravity!
    Last edited by [BlackDeath]; 03-23-2005 at 03:27 PM.
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Death
    Tenchu is fricken amazing, i loved the games! The 3rd was my fav as it had interesting new features such as where you complete a set amount of stealth kills and upon completion of the stage you would be rewarded with a technique up until you get the Wrath of Heaven.

Not to mention the multiplayer mode, me and my friend had so much fun on that, we complety played this game to death! I can remember when we found the missions hard in multiplayer, we kept playing the game till we done it all. It then became to easy so to make things more interesting and harder we put the difficuty on the hardest... that became to easy... to make things even more harder, we had to stealth kill every enemy and iff we failed then we would restart the stage. Again.... got too easy, to make it that much more harder we had to double stealth kill every enemy. And we done that for all the stages. In the end we started to complete the game's levels and get grandmaster rank on all of them and all difficulties with Teshu also... yes.. we played the game to death!! Also we would plan out each kill in the multiplayer when we made it harder, we would rehearse it, we would mkae use of all items and cover, and we would kill the enemies as how they are ment to be... with stealth and cunning, what a team we made, i'd love for it to have an online Vs mode, that way we could test ourselves against some challeging people!

One more thing... Kagura... RULES, by far my most fav character to use in multiplayer, i just love her style, appearance, moves, everything! Oh there was one thing that we never done.... boss survival.. we never completed that, curse you Onikage!

For playable characters i did like Ayame best but i prefered to use Rikimaru. I thought he was more playable and the way he stealth killed was smooth. Which means i could quickly dispose of the enemy and move to the next victim. The game did have a few faults, like the grapling hook animations always bugged me, they dissobey the laws of physics and gravity!
    What??!!! boss survival mode is by far the easiest of them all...
    Me and my brother are at best when it comes to "double teaming" and that also goes for any other stages which are just a snap! once beating both the real and fake Onikage theres one last battle, i rest not tell whom either. At first when fighting against Oni, i admit they've gotten us a few times...well thats because our little team work just wasn't connecting so good, but we sorted things out and used some of those quick abilities to finsh them, and we also did alil switching thing envolving us switching bosses. That helps lots.

~Aisuru~
    Last edited by Aisuru; 03-24-2005 at 01:17 PM.
    *Family list in journal*
    ~Aisuru~

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(Editing)
    Whoops..didn't mean to double post...
    Last edited by Aisuru; 03-24-2005 at 11:46 AM.
    *Family list in journal*
    ~Aisuru~

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

Gah, double post hon, edit one of them or you're gonna get into trouble... me don't wants that >.<

Anywho, yeah that gave us a tough time... everything else was a breeze, that mission in the future sucked so much though..

**hangs head in shame** T.T it shouldn't have posed a problem for me and Aaron... the friend in question
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by BD
    I agree with Aisuru on this one... DUDE, BOSS MODE WAS EASY! And Onikage.. I think I played as him the most on multiplayer. Heh, my brother and I had this controversy over who was faster, Tatsumaru of Onikage.. So we actually had them race.. and Onikage was faster. :P

Kagura is a cool character.. those scripture thingies were creative.. but she aimed funny. And there was that one part when Ayame and Kagura fought at the limestone cavern, and Kagura had that fox as her protecter.. I always wondered of that was one of her moves or not..

Senior Member Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by red storm

What game have you been playing? Sneaking up to unsuspecting guards is more difficult then you think. Especialy if you don't analyse their paterns (wich means they can turn around when you are right behind them) or if their are more then one gusrd in the room.

Also, I think comparing Lara Croft to Tenchu is like comparing Tenchu to Ninja Gaiden. With Lara, you can take most enemies head-on. With Tenchu, you wont make it past level 2.
    The games I have been playing are.. TenchU: Wrath of Heaven, Tenchu: Fatal Shadows. Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear 3.

That half dressed thing was reffering to Ayane, I hate to quote pokemon but..
    "What kind of Ninja wears that?"

Unsuspecting guards? They are pretty much expecting you when you really think about it. So, a stranger walks into the village in the middle of night, why not attack him or her at full force! The story hole is pretty lame when you consider.. How exactly do they know you are a threat? Why can't you pull off the whole " I am just like all the other armed people running around this place at night, just going about doing my thing" Thing?
    And analyzing the montonous memorizable patterns is a waste of time ( five minutes per level at the most.)

They really need to re-think the whole Ninja Genre..

WARNING

POSTS BY NINETEENTH CONTAIN OFFENSIVE, DISPICIBLE, AND ABSURD CONTENT THAT IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL AND TOO AWESOME FOR ACTUAL MESSAGEBOARDS. KEEP NINETEENTH OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO NINETEENTH MAY CAUSE CANCER
    HEY LOOK I FINALLY UPDATED THIS AFTER 5 YEARS. DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY REP. YOU WERE NOT HERE WHEN DID THAT AND IT'S A LONG STORY.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by 19th
    That half dressed thing was reffering to Ayame, I hate to quote pokemon but.. "What kind of Ninja wears that?"
    Ok, her name is "Ayame".. with an "M".. not "N".. ^__^

And she wears that because she has those acrobatic moves.. and wearing heavy armor might make it difficult to do 3 backflips in mid-air.

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna Kadiri
    Ok, her name is "Ayame".. with an "M".. not "N".. ^__^

And she wears that because she has those acrobatic moves.. and wearing heavy armor might make it difficult to do 3 backflips in mid-air.
    Heavy Armor? How about wearing something that does'nt make everyone assume you tried to sneak into a Rocky Horror Show? Or better yet! Wear something that could explain how exactly could she carry so many items and still manage to do all that difficult flipping.

I was playing it not long ago, and she can't jump high enough to do that many flips to begin with. One , maybe one and a half budgetflips at the most.

WARNING

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, to me it sunds like you're not a fan of stealth playing in itself. Ninja's are supposed to be stealthy assasins whom you can't see untill it's too late, or sometimes not even then. If you want to play a ninja game in which you go charging head-first into a group of enemies and pres X untill your thumb hurts, go buy an X-BOX and play Ninja Gaiden.

Oh, and about the

Wear something that could explain how exactly could she carry so many items and still manage to do all that difficult flipping.
    Every game in this world has such problems, Platform people wear too many gadgets, in lots of shooters you can carry fifteen guns at the time, RPG's have huge stashes with millions of stuff. It's just one of those things that can happen in games.

Closed Thread

Thread Information