AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Whats so wrong about MTV

Lord Sesshomaru's Flunky Predator will become famous soon enough Predator's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-18-2005 12:18 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    In the trees with my thermal vision tracking device on you!
    Threads

Default Whats so wrong about MTV

I dont watch MTV very much but others say that it ruined the musical world and I find this confusing. Are people trying to say its about the music not the video? I kinda brought this up because of "School of Rock" Jack Black. "Rock was stickin it to the man. But the man ruined it with a little thing called MTV!" That was a good movie.
    COOLEST FORUM FAMILY
    Angelic Mother: Anonymous
    Angelic twin-sister: Negi
    Lovely step-sister: Milly ^^
    Real Robotechincal brother: Robofighter

The weasel God sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2006 08:26 PM
    Threads

The main grudge we can have against MTV is rather that it proposes a one-sided and univocal side of the show-business and musical industry by drowning the public in one vision of "good music" (here, the pop one, the one that pays) and feeding by the same way the stereorype that only pop (here by pop I mean anything popular) is good and conditionning the public to like only that kind of music. By putting forth those who already are put forth, it deprives those who'd really need some advertisement to survive from a good way to be known and it prevents the public from knowing things they could like. Why? There has never been as much musical diversity as now but the auditory is divided in larger and fewer groups than it has ever been. For instance, you could almost divide it in two groups: those who are "pop-consumers" and those who don't. This is made so that the music reaches a largest auditory, but still an aimed public, touched with music it is conditioned to like. So an increasing group of people is likely to listen to a decreasing group of artists, which the sound and essence will be basically the same. And what some reproach MTV is that they are a tool, a gigantic and efficient tool from this.
    Last edited by sjøpølse; 12-18-2004 at 04:55 AM.
    -I have an hangover and two liters of coffee in the body: I'm at the top of my efficiency.-
    If I love trains it is probably because they go faster than burials.
    The best thing about weasels is that they don't turn into pickles when they are you.

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I despise MTV because on the main channel it is anything but music television. Sure they air lots of shows now, but my god! All of the shows are asinine.
    MTV lost it's way, spinning off too many other music channels (how many are truly needed?). And has in general gained itself entry onto my list of hated coporations.
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Lord Sesshomaru's Flunky Predator will become famous soon enough Predator's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-18-2005 12:18 AM
    In the trees with my thermal vision tracking device on you!
    Threads

Interesting. So MTV is more like an advertising channel to most pop music huh? I wouldnt know I dont watch it.
    COOLEST FORUM FAMILY
    Angelic Mother: Anonymous
    Angelic twin-sister: Negi
    Lovely step-sister: Milly ^^
    Real Robotechincal brother: Robofighter

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I watch MTV sometimes. I think I watch VH1 a little more though. They certainlly don't play my kind of music, but on the MTV rock channel (500 something.. I forget.) they play classic rock and stuff, it's awesome.

I like a few of the shows they have on, like I loved Real World San Diego. Frankie was such a dork. I -loved- her hair and make-up though. She reminded me of one of my friends whom I miss a lot.

I like the show "My Coolest Years" Dude, it's awesome.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Junior Member goro_14 is on a distinguished road goro_14's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2004 02:58 PM
    Threads

Smile yep

yeah i dont watch it much anymore cuz they play too much rap for me, im more of a rocker then anything. They dont have enough variety of music or music videos. They dont even Have a local band/ talent search. There are alot of good bands out there but they wont show them. I really dont like some of the guess there have on there. i agree that it is one sided and all it is for is the money. does anyone know if the artist have to pay some amount or have to agree to say something to get on the show..
    "Do you not understand? To lose is to die!
    You may win a thousand fights, but you can only lose one!"
    -Zaknafein Do'Urden

Sto et pugno

nemo me inpune lacessit

(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation Flaming Child3 can only hope to improve Flaming Child3's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2004 03:50 PM
    Threads

I think there is nothing wrong with mtv but my dad hates it

Member Rainb0w is on a distinguished road Rainb0w's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-13-2005 10:07 AM
    Threads

I do not watch MTV. You LISTEN to music, you can't watch music! "Thriller" I suppose was the start of the modern music video. Many would be surprised of the extent music videos can actually distract attention from the music itself. MTV should be renamed FTV (Fashion Television) because, in my opinion that's what many music videos are all about. Manufactured teeny-pop groups with their dance routines and designer clothing. The music soon became of secondary importance "hey, lets get a close up of Nick Carter with his hair like that - great! The camera loves you! And Cuuutt!". They all come and go, but the Gibson Les Paul and the Marshall amp are here to stay!

(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation plzjustdiept2 is an unknown quantity at this point plzjustdiept2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2004 05:27 PM
    Threads

idon't know what happened to MTV. It was once a good station. but for ppl who don't know what to watch for good music and not just shows, then turn your tv to FUSE. it has nothing but music videos. and they have this show called daily download where they show the top 10 downloads and they ive out free downloads. FUSE mostly shows rock music

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Dead kennedys does a pretty good job summarizing what's wrong with MTV:
    http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/deadk...offtheair.html

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation plzjustdiept2 is an unknown quantity at this point plzjustdiept2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2004 05:27 PM
    Threads

*downloads song*

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

DK rocks.

They don't always play rap. They play pop, hip hop, r&b, emo and alternative too.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Bean Harvester Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2005 09:21 PM
    Threads

MTV is not cool anymore it's too Pop Culture and all, and those damn reality shows are boring, ecspecialy Real World and all that (The Real World, Road Rules, Real World Road Rules Chalenge, Real World in alaska I DON"T CARE!). It's too comercal now. The only show i watch on MTV anymore is Viva La Bam
    TOM GREEN SHOW THEME LISTEN TO THE THEME

Digital Plague Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2009 01:37 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 4534 3166 0955 6301

Mtv Should Stick To All Music All The Time!!!!!
    I am Dante, The Son of the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda!!!

Quick Shout-Out To All Who Matter...
    You Should Know Who You Are...

THE WING MAN wing 7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past wing 7's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2006 09:49 PM
    Threads

its right the least thing on mtv is music what hell....

Closed Thread

Thread Information