AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why Sephiroth Sucks (FFVII spoilers)

Member Albert Simon is on a distinguished road Albert Simon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2005 05:44 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Why Sephiroth Sucks (FFVII spoilers)

Now I get sick of people going on about how people go on and on about how great Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII is. So I consider it my duty to point out how much of a terrible villain Sephiroth was.

Firstly, who were you chasing for the first disc of Final Fantasy VII? Who killed Aeris? Sephiroth? No. It was not Sephiroth, it was Jenova taking the form of Sephiroth, as we learn later in the game, Sephiroth was thrown into the Mako Reactor at Mt. Nibel and eventually ends up in (what appears to be) crystalised Mako energy. Yes, Aeris death can be considered emotionally, but it was not Sephiroth that commited the murder, that was Jenova.

Secondly, we see very little of the actual Sephiroth through the game, now sure, that doesn't nessecarily mean that he's a bad character, but he isn't particularly villainous from what we see. He kills the people of one village and torches it. I don't know about you, but I consider the Shinra to be much better villains than Sephiroth, and personally, Kuja from FFIX and Kefka from FFVI. Both Kuja and Kefka succeeded at one thing Sephiroth couldn't quite manage to do; destroy a world.

Thirdly, anyone who claims his appearance is amazingly great won't impress me. He looks like a clone of Setzer with Cyan's sword. How original is that? A black trenchcoat, wow, how amazingly original! Kuja, at least, and Kefka were original in their appearances, but of course, Kuja is the "gay cross-dresser" and Kefka is the "psycho clown". Yet, Sephiroth looking as amazingly bland and boring as he is (funnily enough, never heard someone praise Setzer's clothes like people do Sephiroth's), he looks the best. Hell, Edea was well dressed and she doesn't get the same praise as Sephiroth.

Now if people said Jenova was a good villain, I wouldn't have so much of a problem, at least people would have understood the plot then. However, Jenova was a weak villain as well, with very, very little character development, unlike other villains.

I await the flames which I will undoubtedly recieve <3
    True peace is impossible. Only an illusion of peace exists in the superficial calm of our lives… In fact, the blood and tears of the poor are sacrificed daily by a handful of elite power-mongers. No matter how far science and technology advance, repression will never cease. We’re only human. Whenever the calls for revolution turn into concrete action… Instigators are met by the full resistance of the elite, who stop at nothing to keep their power.

Digital Plague Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2009 01:37 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 4534 3166 0955 6301

Sephiroth does not suck!!!!! He is so cool!!!! I like his weapon the most!!! It is so cool!! He is the best character other than Cloud!
    I am Dante, The Son of the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda!!!

Quick Shout-Out To All Who Matter...
    You Should Know Who You Are...

Member turder is an unknown quantity at this point turder's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2004 09:31 AM
    Threads

he kicks alot of ***

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:12 AM
    Threads

I have to say I'm siding with Simon on this one, Sephiroth ain't all that special.

Now, I don't hate Sephiroth or anything, but Simon's right. There's nothing special about Sephiroth and Kefka's legendary laugh would make him run for the hills.
    RPG bios (click for more info):

AF's Idiot of the Month Lord Garma Zabi will become famous soon enough Lord Garma Zabi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2006 09:04 AM
    Threads

Default Sephiroth is pretty cool in my opinion

Sure, maybe he is more or less a Zombie being controlled by his mother, and yes, he does kill a pretty innocent girl for absolutly nothing, but you have to look at the good qualities. Without Sephiroth, there would be no good villian in the game because face it, who wants a blob thats distorted to be the main boss...no one. Plus, I kinda like the Masamune blade and the trechcoat, makes him look mysterious. The long grey hair however makes him look like an fag, atleast get it out of the pony tail man. He is the duller, more quiet looking Seifer to me, except Seifer is younger and much more of a character with a personality. But quiet is a good characteristic for a dude. Thats just my opinion though, all I know is that there are more twists in FF7 than in a maze.
    Its supposed to be a challenge thats why its called a shortcut, if it were easy it would just be the way.

Join Neo Avalanche today!!!! PM me if you wish to join. We welcome anyone of any level or rep!

People who want to join so far:
    1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

I love Lucy I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2007 01:08 PM
    Threads

i hate sephiroth
    If i have talked to you on aim under the sn zeldafreakmaster plez im add shencj16 to ur list.Thaxs and have a great day

"I Love You Lucy and you Know i would die for you!!!"

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination or parish in Hell

AF's Idiot of the Month Lord Garma Zabi will become famous soon enough Lord Garma Zabi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default I know why

Its cuz he kicks your *** everytime you fight him
    Its supposed to be a challenge thats why its called a shortcut, if it were easy it would just be the way.

Join Neo Avalanche today!!!! PM me if you wish to join. We welcome anyone of any level or rep!

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Everyone's Fav. Kill Toy Kumi has a spectacular aura about Kumi has a spectacular aura about Kumi has a spectacular aura about Kumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2005 04:37 PM
    Threads

Are you so certian that he is even dead?.....or failed in destroying the world?..(ff7 advent children).....i don't think Sephiroth was/is the best villian.....but the game makes you feel like Sephirtoh was the villian that has tortured cloud.....(too many things)...so you start to think he is much more evil than he actually is....Jenova..is one of the weakest character developments i've ever seen......it's the good guys....(Cloud's gang of heroes)...thats the main reason why ff7 was such a big hit....

^..By Bman....
    We were all born yesterday....we all live today.....and we will all die tommorrow.....

Senior Member Blazado is infamous around these parts Blazado is infamous around these parts Blazado is infamous around these parts Blazado is infamous around these parts Blazado is infamous around these parts Blazado is infamous around these parts Blazado is infamous around these parts Blazado is infamous around these parts Blazado is infamous around these parts Blazado is infamous around these parts Blazado is infamous around these parts Blazado's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2007 09:07 PM
    Threads

Default yesss

yess he dooeessss

Joker Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2006 05:09 PM
    Threads

Sephiroth is a girlish imp who couldent throw together a logical back story if it was right in front of him.

Lord Sesshomaru's Flunky Predator will become famous soon enough Predator's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-18-2005 12:18 AM
    In the trees with my thermal vision tracking device on you!
    Threads

Sephiroth is kinda a loser...He looks cool but he's not perfect. Just wait until they make a remix of FF7 on the PS2 or 3 the more detail it is the more awesome he'll look. Wait...that doesn't make sense hmmmmm. But they really need to make a remix their arms are squares for god sake!!
    COOLEST FORUM FAMILY
    Angelic Mother: Anonymous
    Angelic twin-sister: Negi
    Lovely step-sister: Milly ^^
    Real Robotechincal brother: Robofighter

Senior Member niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2013 08:38 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

predator32211...whatever da heck the numbers are everyone entitled to their opinion so dont complain....ya hear?
    niKopol

loboKie
    ayy dyxlesia!

Lord Sesshomaru's Flunky Predator will become famous soon enough Predator's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-18-2005 12:18 AM
    In the trees with my thermal vision tracking device on you!
    Threads

They are not complains they are suggestions...
    COOLEST FORUM FAMILY
    Angelic Mother: Anonymous
    Angelic twin-sister: Negi
    Lovely step-sister: Milly ^^
    Real Robotechincal brother: Robofighter

Senior Member niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2013 08:38 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

be technical but you are still complaining
    niKopol

loboKie
    ayy dyxlesia!

Junior Member Jo-chan will become famous soon enough Jo-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-28-2007 07:17 PM
    Threads

Wow... that was a long...essay...? I personally think that Sephiroth is cool. I don't want to back it up with details because... I don't really care about whether or not people like him or not. I just play the game and enjoy it...
    Last edited by Jo-chan; 12-18-2004 at 02:17 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default So sad

I never knew that so many people were against the Sephiroth man. You peeps should learn your role and appreciate the good joy he brings to all of mankind, and embrasse him....EMBRASSE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!J/k, just a little shocked at the results.

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No, Sephiroth has never beaten me in a battle that I was able to control (though I admit to attempting to lose that final Cloud vs. Sephiroth battle to see if it is possible to lose it). Cloud, Barret and Cait Sith all in the low 80's level-wise with decent materia (including 2 mastered enemy skills) made it easy enough to trounce Sephy and Jenova.

Yes, you're right, I have no concrete proof that Sephiroth is dead, but I do have proof that Sephiroth did very little during the game. AC should hopefully answer some questions (and hopefully not create even more). The Jenova Theory is just that, a theory. However, it is 99.5% certain that it's Jenova you are chasing all that time.

And yes, Sephiroth does fail at destroying the world, or becoming a God. Remember the ending FMV, you see Red XIII with some cubs many years after the ending and you see Midgar over-run by plant-life. So I think that's pretty concrete evidence that Sephiroth did fail at destroying the world (unless of course Square-Enix decide to contradict this and cause even more questions).

Also one final note, Garma did you read my first post?
    and yes, he does kill a pretty innocent girl for absolutly nothing, but you have to look at the good qualities.
    That was Jenova.

And I'm glad I'm not alone in my opinion.
    True peace is impossible. Only an illusion of peace exists in the superficial calm of our lives… In fact, the blood and tears of the poor are sacrificed daily by a handful of elite power-mongers. No matter how far science and technology advance, repression will never cease. We’re only human. Whenever the calls for revolution turn into concrete action… Instigators are met by the full resistance of the elite, who stop at nothing to keep their power.

Digital Plague Tyr has a spectacular aura about Tyr has a spectacular aura about Tyr has a spectacular aura about Tyr's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2006 08:36 PM
    Threads

I kinda like ol' Sephi, but still it's only because he looks cool. Never thought much of Kuja though.

I have a question. When you first meet Red XIII in the Shinra HQ, Hojo said he is the last of his kind, right? Then how does he have said cubs in the FMV?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well... Hojo also planned to breed Red with Aeris and...

No. I won't go there. But how could Hojo be sure that Red was the last of his kind?

Ice Maiden Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2007 03:03 PM
    Threads

Default I like him, but...

Sephiroth didn't make that good of an all-evil bad guy, no...To me he was more of a confused type of guy who thought that since he was the 'son' of Jenova, he was some kind of super being. Granted, he did kill a lot of people in Clouds flashback where Sephiroth destroyed Cloud's home town and such, but other than that, he didn't really do anything horribly evil. I still like him and think that he's a pretty cool character non the less, though.

Joker Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2006 05:09 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Predator136912
    Sephiroth is kinda a loser...He looks cool but he's not perfect. Just wait until they make a remix of FF7 on the PS2 or 3 the more detail it is the more awesome he'll look. Wait...that doesn't make sense hmmmmm. But they really need to make a remix their arms are squares for god sake!!
    News flash the game came out in 1997.

Member ILoveWolfsRain is on a distinguished road ILoveWolfsRain's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2005 08:46 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by angelo1111
    Sephiroth does not suck!!!!! He is so cool!!!! I like his weapon the most!!! It is so cool!! He is the best character other than Cloud!
    The only good thing that has to do with sephiroth is his cape/cloak. His weapon was just a big katana and he kicked too much a** for me to like him. Cloud is too much of a crybaby. I like Vincent...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Well, you have to look at it this way

Sephiroth was cool whether some disformed chick was controlling him or not. I find that hard to believe since Sephiroth and Jenova were seen in the same place before the whole Sephiroth in the crystal thing scene. And the fact that Jenova would not have any idea about Sephiroth's past since she was locked in that chamber for all that time before Sephiroth went to the reactor. I hate that theory and I think its ruining the flow of the game. I fought Sephiroth in thoughts that it was Sephiroth and that whole Jenova thing is as far fetched as the Magic Bullet Theory(for any of those who are in High School and have learned that)

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Garma_Zabi
    Sephiroth was cool whether some disformed chick was controlling him or not. I find that hard to believe since Sephiroth and Jenova were seen in the same place before the whole Sephiroth in the crystal thing scene. And the fact that Jenova would not have any idea about Sephiroth's past since she was locked in that chamber for all that time before Sephiroth went to the reactor. I hate that theory and I think its ruining the flow of the game. I fought Sephiroth in thoughts that it was Sephiroth and that whole Jenova thing is as far fetched as the Magic Bullet Theory(for any of those who are in High School and have learned that)
    Sephiroth and Jenova were seen in the same place because the real Sephiroth was in the crystal and Jenova was the one that wasn't. It's not as far fetched as the Magic Bullet Theory. But I have a question:

If the Sephiroth you're following on disc 1 (and who you see in the Junon ship) is not Jenova, then why is:

a) Sephiroth thrown into the lifestream in the true Kalm flashback and fully able to walk, talk and everything when we see him later? We all know what happened to Cloud when he was in the lifestream, he was a wreck who was lucky to survive.

b) Every time you see Sephiroth and have a boss battle, it's always Jenova that you fight (Jenova Birth, Life and Death)?

c) Sephiroth able to be at the North Cave and gallavanting the planet at the same time?

Digital Plague Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante has a reputation beyond repute Demon Hunter Dante's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2009 01:37 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 4534 3166 0955 6301

I can care less anyway i like FF8 much better!
    I am Dante, The Son of the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda!!!

Quick Shout-Out To All Who Matter...
    You Should Know Who You Are...

Closed Thread

Thread Information