AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sailor Moon is missing something

THE WING MAN wing 7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past wing 7's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2006 10:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Huh i cant help ya ,sorry.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2014 06:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Ai
    A lot of episodes are excluded from the dubbed seasons. I think there's like 5 episodes all about Minako, that were excluded.
    Five? I've never heard of more than one o.O The infamous "Minako's past" episode.

Senior Member Hakkai's ANgel will become famous soon enough Hakkai's ANgel will become famous soon enough Hakkai's ANgel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2006 02:18 AM
    Threads

I think the episodes are lost...but now you got me wondering...I will be looking into that now. But I think we will probably never know. Translation error? I know counting in Japanese can be confusing when you get in the higher numbers XD

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

They aren't "lost" o.O Just never translated in the American dub. That simple.

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb Be Mine
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2014 12:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KagomeHime PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Quote Originally Posted by Reiako
    They aren't "lost" o.O Just never translated in the American dub. That simple.
    Well yea, but the chick who started this was wondering why they were missing from the subbed verion too. Of course I don't know if she has the bi-lingual shiz or if she's got 'em bootlegged without any english voice acting at all...6^^
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I would imagine they would be missing from the American release of the subtitled version because that includes the dub, and they are missing from that.

Senior Member Moon Blade is on a distinguished road Moon Blade's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2005 12:47 AM
    Threads

OK, here is the deal:

The Dub skipped the following episodes from seasons 1 and 2:

Jap. #2 - "I'll Punish You! The Fortune House is a Yoma's Mansion!" - Deleted because Umino (Melvin) looks up the teacher's skirt, amoung other mean things.

Jap. #5 - "The demonic scent! Shaneera steals love!" - No idea why it was deleted - it showed how Luna was accepted into the family, while Usagi's younger brother gets attacked.

Jap. #6 - "Protect the song of love! Usagi playes cupid!" No idea why it was deleted - subliminal music that drains energy was featured.

I can guess that these two were deleted to get Ami and Rei into the series sooner, but that is only my own guess.

Jap. #20 - "Summer, Ocean, Youth! Also a ghost!" - Deleted due to it having nothing to do withthe main plot - the girls head to a beach for summer break, and find a haunted house.

Jap. # 42 - "Sailor Venus' Past, Minako's Blighted Love!" - It made no sense to delete this episode which revealed good background info on Minako, and first showed how the girls figured out how to lure out the Dark Kingdom's (Negaforce's) base.

Jap. # 45 and 46 - These two episodes, that tell the end of the first season, became one episode in American release. Edited severely to make it happier and avoid death (though they did a bad job covering death up).

Jap #67 - "Ocan, Island, Vacation! A Warrior's Day Off!" - like episode 20, this has nothing to do with the main plot, where the girls visit Rei while she is at an island practicing spells. Chibi Usa (Rini) runs off and befriends a baby dinosaur. The island's volcano then erupts, forcing the girls to save the dinosaur. The only episode in the second season skipped.

Regrettably, #67 is the only episode of Sailor Moon I have not seen (not including the specials, though I have seen the three movies), as ADV was not able to get the master copy from Toei and therefore left it off their release.

This makes 7 skipped episodes. Reinserted, that would make 200 episodes. The offical ADV releases of Seasons 1 and 2 unedited and subtitled include the missing episodes, except #67. S and SuperS from Geneon are complete. StarS, of course, has not yet been relesaed officially in America, as touched upon on other threads. I recomend getting fansubs, I do not trust some of the foriegn release subtitles, they can be inaccurate and/or grammatically awful. The subs I have are great.

One more note: ADV's releases of the first 2 seasons do not include the dub (only Japanese track is on the discs) and are 99% complete, as I mentioned. They are, however, discontinued. If you want those releases, look for them at EBay or other small stores.

Here are what they look like, so there is no confusion:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SM ADV Box.jpg‎
Views:	51
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	1966   Click image for larger version

Name:	SMR ADV Box.jpg‎
Views:	53
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	1967  

Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade
    Jap. #5 - "The demonic scent! Shaneera steals love!" - No idea why it was deleted - it showed how Luna was accepted into the family, while Usagi's younger brother gets attacked.
    I remember reading somewhere (this was quite some time ago...) that the suggestion was that episode was removed because Luna was kicked in it o.O Why that's a problem in face of all the cold-blooded murder that goes on is beyond me, but...eh, there you have it.

Member YogiB is on a distinguished road YogiB's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2006 05:08 AM
    In my own world thinking of Sailor Mecury
    Threads

I wonder if U order the japanse version of SM if U then get all the 200 episodes? I hope because I have think to order the Japanse verison & not the english after reding this...

YogiB

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb Be Mine
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2014 12:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KagomeHime PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Quote Originally Posted by Reiako
    I would imagine they would be missing from the American release of the subtitled version because that includes the dub, and they are missing from that.
    I would assume so yes. So I guess I'll retract my statement. lol. I'd never get the American version if I was ever to get it at all. I'd go for the bootlegged stuff. Purer, better and funnier in all reapects. ^^
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information