AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sailor Moon is missing something

Guardian of the Earth darkfire_destiny is on a distinguished road darkfire_destiny's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2005 04:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    atlanta, georgia...actually hartwell, georgia (hour and a hlaf away
    Threads

Default Sailor Moon is missing something

i was searching for Sailor Moon DVD boxsets the other day and i realized something. The episodes in the last season (Stars) run up to episode 200. But, even on the japanese uncut versions of the boxsets, if you add up all the episodes from each set, theres only 193 episodes. If you look at the boxsets for Sailor Moon, R, S, and Super S, they end at around 159 episodes. But Sailor Stars begins at Episode 167 and ends at 200. Now i thought it just may be a typo or something but i did the math and there are 7 episodes missing (numbers 160-166) can anyone help me out here. But son't say it has anything to do with the japanese vs. the american versions, cause, like i said, i was looking at uncut japanese versions of the DVDs.

one whom I love dearly:Poohnella
    other people i know: Jagan Eye
    (popular, aren't I?)

It was his own relentless sense of fighting that led to his own defeat, that it was. -Kenshin Himura

You can pick through a million lives and never have one of your own.-Cassie James

Andrew Bollmer
    (706)376-6210
    destiny_fire1@hotmail.com
    ^That's me^

Ice Maiden Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2007 04:03 PM
    Threads

Default What the...?

Well, now...That is very ood right there. I would not know what to tell you other than...That's pretty messed up. Even if you would count the R, S, and Super S movies as episodes...That would only equal up to 196 episodes...Hmm...
    Last edited by Chibi-chan; 12-16-2004 at 03:35 PM.

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb Be Mine
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2014 05:36 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KagomeHime PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Red face

All I can say is that SM has waay to many episodes to begin with. >> Granted, not half as many as DBZ and at least SM has a plot (somewhat) Unlike DBZ, but still-there are far too many.
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Junior Member gogeta41 is on a distinguished road gogeta41's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2005 11:21 AM
    Threads

i also like sailor moon too. So you are not the only male.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2014 06:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I haven't researched it at all, but have you counted the 3 Super S specials? And I know there were a handful of episodes not dubbed in the first place. Were they also not carried over to the subtitled boxset?

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-1969 07:00 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by drakfire_destiny
    i was searching for Sailor Moon DVD boxsets the other day and i realized something. The episodes in the last season (Stars) run up to episode 200. But, even on the japanese uncut versions of the boxsets, if you add up all the episodes from each set, theres only 193 episodes. If you look at the boxsets for Sailor Moon, R, S, and Super S, they end at around 159 episodes. But Sailor Stars begins at Episode 167 and ends at 200. Now i thought it just may be a typo or something but i did the math and there are 7 episodes missing (numbers 160-166) can anyone help me out here. But son't say it has anything to do with the japanese vs. the american versions, cause, like i said, i was looking at uncut japanese versions of the DVDs.
    really i didn't know that there were some episodes missing. well i guess thats cause i never got to see all of the episodes. (silly me)

Ice Maiden Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I never got to see them all, either, don't worry!

Guardian of the Earth darkfire_destiny is on a distinguished road darkfire_destiny's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ok nvm, i figured it out. there are actually 89 episodes (combined) in the japanese versions of seasons 1 and 2. the websites list it as there being only 82. so if you add those, they form the missing episodes. The reason all the Sailor Stars DVD's start at 167 instead of 160 is because there were 7 episodes removed from seasons 1 and 2 (i dont know exactly where they were removed from). thus the website lists Super S as ending at 159 but Sailor Stars Beginning at 167. In the fully japanese versions of the show, those episodes are actually there in the first 2 seasons and there would be no gap (since there is no english dubbed version of Stars it would list it as though those episodes were included earlier in the series).

(popular, aren't I?)

It was his own relentless sense of fighting that led to his own defeat, that it was. -Kenshin Himura

You can pick through a million lives and never have one of your own.-Cassie James

Andrew Bollmer
    (706)376-6210
    ^That's me^

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Well, the Japanese version of the first season's ending is two episodes, while the dubbed was cut down to one. There was also one (pre-Ami) about Usagi's family possibly getting rid of Luna due to Shingo's allergies. Another about a trip to a haunted house (including Rei, Usagi, and Ami). Another about the infamous Sailor Venus past. Yet another in the second season about the senshi and ChibiUsa taking a trip to an island and coming across a dinosaur (o.O).

Those are the only cut episodes I'm familiar with, though there must be a few more.

Member michael_clark is on a distinguished road michael_clark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2005 12:52 PM
    Threads

im not sure what is missing

Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

><

Try reading the rest of the thread, eh?

Future Manga Producer Anime_Overload will become famous soon enough Anime_Overload's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2005 11:09 PM
    Threads

Your answer: 7 eposides total from the 1st 2 seasons were scraped during making. So although there were going to be 200 episodes only 193 were aired.

Junior Member MeliTala will become famous soon enough MeliTala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2004 10:44 PM
    Threads

might want to count the movies too, there's rumored to be four movies all together, one for each initial season and the three specials and the several cut from seasons one and two, some websites usually over calculate and others under
    "Death is the final solution...or is it?"

Senior Member Innotech has a spectacular aura about Innotech has a spectacular aura about Innotech's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-08-2006 08:09 PM
    Threads

for one thing, the dubbed versions of sailor Moon combined episodes 45 and 46 into one absolutely horrible 22 minute episode that took out all reference to death and destruction. In other words they sanitized the entire show in america which no doubt hurt its popularity greatly. Its the only dub I truly hate.
    currently watching:

Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
    Mahoraba Heartful days
    Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Ichigo 100%
    Full Moon Wo Sagashite
    Tokyo Mew Mew
    School rumble
    UFO Princess Valkyrie
    Somedays Dreamers
    Burst Angel
    Disgaea
    Ouran high School host club
    Yami To Bushi to Hon No Tabibito
    Shuffle
    He Is My Master
    Mahou Shoujo Tai
    Welcome to the NHK
    Yumeria
    Kage Kara Mamoru
    Rozen Maiden

That should keep me busy for a while @-@

Princess of the Moon Poohnella has a spectacular aura about Poohnella has a spectacular aura about Poohnella's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-21-2007 09:37 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Innotech
    for one thing, the dubbed versions of sailor Moon combined episodes 45 and 46 into one absolutely horrible 22 minute episode that took out all reference to death and destruction. In other words they sanitized the entire show in america which no doubt hurt its popularity greatly. Its the only dub I truly hate.
    I totally agree with you Innotech, I always try to get the Japanese version because, It's the real story line from the manga; actually, I like the manga version better..........
    Oh, by the way drakfire_destiny,

I found out that in the Stars series does'nt actually end with Usagi and Mamoru kissing in the moonlight (well, in the anime version it does) but in the manga it ends with Usagi and Mamoru getting married!!!!! Yay 4 them!!!

[Spoiler tags are great ^^;; Please use them.]
    Last edited by Fabala; 12-20-2004 at 08:39 PM.
    Anyone can make you smile, many people can make you cry, but it takes someone really special to make you smile with tears in your eyes.

Brothers- Darkfire_Destiny, Demon Hunter Dante, Prince Darien
    Sisters- xXDark_Lonely_FairyXx, animeseishi, Dark Foxx, Jagan Eye

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ow, i'm like very close to gtting the DVD boxset for Sailor Stars. i bought it today on eBay. now i just have to wait. so i'll have to see that, but i guess i'll have to get the manga to see the real ending huh? that sucks, i have no money...

(popular, aren't I?)

Andrew Bollmer
    (706)376-6210
    ^That's me^

Member Rush_Signals21 is an unknown quantity at this point Rush_Signals21's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-28-2007 07:00 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RushSignals21

Quote Originally Posted by darkfire_destiny
    ow, i'm like very close to gtting the DVD boxset for Sailor Stars. i bought it today on eBay. now i just have to wait. so i'll have to see that, but i guess i'll have to get the manga to see the real ending huh? that sucks, i have no money...
    i've all ready got all the mangas but the 2nd and 3rd book of stars it's very sad

::I find no absolution In my rational point of view Maybe some things are instinctive But there's one thing you could do You could try to understand me -- I could try to understand you...::
    Wheels can take you around Wheels can cut you down We can go from boom to bust From dreams to a bowl of dust We can fall from rockets' red glare Down to brother can you spare... Another war Another wasteland And another lost generation

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by darkfire_destiny
    Hmmm...You're so lucky...I really want to see the Sailor Stars! Hehe....Guess you'll have to tell me how it is when you watch it.

I love Lucy I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2007 02:08 PM
    Threads

well im glad u found the missing shows.
    If i have talked to you on aim under the sn zeldafreakmaster plez im add shencj16 to ur list.Thaxs and have a great day

"I Love You Lucy and you Know i would die for you!!!"

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination or parish in Hell

Princess of the Moon Poohnella has a spectacular aura about Poohnella has a spectacular aura about Poohnella's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-21-2007 09:37 PM
    Threads

Well, I asked my parents to get me season 1 and 2 for me when I graduate either next year or earlier because, I can graduate early if I wanted to!!!!! Other than that, My sister might get me Stars from eBay too!!!!!!
    Anyone can make you smile, many people can make you cry, but it takes someone really special to make you smile with tears in your eyes.

Brothers- Darkfire_Destiny, Demon Hunter Dante, Prince Darien
    Sisters- xXDark_Lonely_FairyXx, animeseishi, Dark Foxx, Jagan Eye

Junior Member silverstary is on a distinguished road silverstary's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-26-2005 07:24 PM
    Threads

I don't really see what's missing

Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The English dubbed episodes. That would be what this conversation is about.

Senior Member yamibakura is on a distinguished road yamibakura's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2006 09:26 AM
    Threads

hi, i didnt now too
    leader of the yakuza triad.

Friend: dark magician girl.
    Friend:joyce
    Friend: Lady dragon
    Friend:Haruno_Sakura22
    Friend:gelayel
    Friend: ashleakate
    Friend:chibi goku
    friend:varon
    If any off the above come on any more please email me, i havent been on for ages!

DONT GO ON www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=add_98

Junior Member silverstary is on a distinguished road silverstary's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-26-2005 07:24 PM
    Threads

If the epsoide is something wrong, then i am not sure

www.freewebs.com/witchrobin

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2013 12:08 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

A lot of episodes are excluded from the dubbed seasons. I think there's like 5 episodes all about Minako, that were excluded.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information