AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: WISH = the manga

Member AbandonwareGirl is on a distinguished road AbandonwareGirl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2005 12:29 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default WISH = the manga

I simply ADORE this manga. it's all about a guy who finds a angel stuck in a tree and she offers him a wish... unfortunally, he's a man who has EVERYTHING he wants, and he turns her down...so she moves in.. Kohaku, the angel, is a ditz, and the only real task she can preform is watering the garden without ending it in disaster, and during the day she takes the form of an human woman, but by night she's reduced to her weaker form.. a pudgy cherub. This manga gets my thumbs up, and you should check it out.. it's made by clamp and released by tokyopop.

The Death of You Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2009 10:16 AM
    Threads

Yes, it's very nice. And, although they attempt to say that angels and demons don't really HAVE genders (so, to simplify it they call angels girls and demons boys), Kohaku is a male. You can't really say that neither have genders, then have catGIRL demons with the boy demons and MALE angels... Kohaku has the shoulders, chest, and hips (or lack thereof) of a man. He just has a really girly face, and Tokyopop wanted to keep it for the kiddies, so he's been dubbed female. I realize this is debatable (simply because I've been part of and witnessed debates on this before), so I welcome anyone who really thinks Kohaku is female to state why...besides Tokyopop writing it that way.

--
    Goes by: Death, Tod, or Shi

Senior Member raven1491 is on a distinguished road raven1491's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2005 08:28 PM
    Threads

Question Kohaku is a male?

I didn't know that.

Senior Member _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Sushi Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2010 12:53 PM
    Threads

well, once i said i like all anime+manga clamp did but MAYBE Wish is an exception
    (i said the magic word MAYBE)
    Used to be known as cool_tria_anime.

The Death of You Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2009 10:16 AM
    Threads

Why? Because Kohaku is male? We wouldn't be exibiting intolerant behavor now, would we?...

Anyway... Back to the topic of Wish... To me, it seemed sort of like Ah! My Goddess... Which disappointed me, because I expected more from CLAMP. *sighs and shakes her head* Oh well... The son of Satan guy was cool.

--
    Goes by: Death, Tod, or Shi

Senior Member Sadako Sumeragi has much to be proud of Sadako Sumeragi has much to be proud of Sadako Sumeragi has much to be proud of Sadako Sumeragi has much to be proud of Sadako Sumeragi has much to be proud of Sadako Sumeragi has much to be proud of Sadako Sumeragi has much to be proud of Sadako Sumeragi has much to be proud of Sadako Sumeragi has much to be proud of Sadako Sumeragi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2005 04:17 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

You know, that DOES sound like it may be true. Think about most of the other mangas by CLAMP. You'll find that many of them have male x male relationships. So I wouldn't be suprised if Kohaku was male. I liked the cat girls best anyway. They were cute. YYAAAAYYYYY!

Lady of Heaven LittleAngel will become famous soon enough LittleAngel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2005 01:10 AM
    Threads

But why are the two cat girls the only characters that has a feminine body?
    About the gender of angels and devils in Wish, we don't know what angels look like, so how can anyone decide if an angel is female or male. For lack of imagination and a little of deceit, CLAMP - like any human would - drew the angels in human form. So no one can really say an angel or devil in Wish is male or female. They're neither. It only depends on what you prefer them to be.
    Last edited by LittleAngel; 07-10-2005 at 04:29 PM.

Fragment of the past lovebaby will become famous soon enough lovebaby will become famous soon enough lovebaby's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2007 12:22 PM
    Threads

It's a nice manga, kinda short though (only 4 volumes, I believe). My favorite character is Satan's son and that woman that he's in love with. I read this a long time ago so I don't remember their names and all the details. The images are beautiful (of course, it's Clamp we're talking about). I love Kohaku in his/her chibi form, so adorable.

Angelic elf Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2009 08:44 AM
    Threads

so gorgeous..I creid in the end though...it was fully sad...

sig made by me

Gundam mad little brother - "red"

Lady of Heaven LittleAngel will become famous soon enough LittleAngel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2005 01:10 AM
    Threads

It's very strange that Shuichiro died and then was reborn. Somehow I don't like the new Shuichiro as much as the old one. Wonder why...
    Look to the high Heaven above
    And await the dawning light...

Visit my gallery in the Dazzle Us Forum
    Or visit my gallery here:

₣ien∂ wish_maker is infamous around these parts wish_maker is infamous around these parts wish_maker is infamous around these parts wish_maker is infamous around these parts wish_maker is infamous around these parts wish_maker is infamous around these parts wish_maker is infamous around these parts wish_maker is infamous around these parts wish_maker is infamous around these parts wish_maker is infamous around these parts wish_maker is infamous around these parts wish_maker's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2009 09:46 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

um... i haven't read the book... but... i heard that it 's a good book... ooo... i can't wait to read it... i got it on hold at the library... (i don't have time to go to the stores to buy them...)
    IdiotsXBakas

help me get out of the red
    THIEVING ROTs

Closed Thread

Thread Information