AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PS2 Owners Beware!!!

The Ignored One. Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2007 11:21 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    I live in the wonderful place called British Colombia, Canada...it's raining again...damn.
    Threads

Thumbs down PS2 Owners Beware!!!

I found this while I was surfing the web....scary isn't it. Imagine all your save files deleted!!!

Sony warns of major glitch in Holiday 2004 Demo Disc!!
    Posted on Nov. 28/2004----Posted by HAUZER.

Here is another really good story to aware you PS2 peeps found at "gamestop.com". And thanks goes to amarsdbzn.com for the news.

Over the past few weeks, members of the PlayStation Underground--Sony's US fan club--have been receiving copies of the Holiday 2004 Demo Disc. One of the premier demos on the disc was for Viewtiful Joe 2, which arrives on the console December 7.

Unfortunately, gamers eager to sample the cel-shaded beat-'em-up were in for a very nasty surprise. That's because the demo contained a glitch which will erase all saved games on the memory card or cards currently inserted in the console. Considering many PlayStation 2 owners are currently shooting their way through Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, which takes at least 40 hours to finish, the glitch sparked an uproar among PlayStation Underground members.

This week, Sony acknowledged the glitch via a mass e-mail to PlayStation Underground members. Besides conveying the corporation's "sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused," the e-mail also suggested that gamers "please remove your Memory Card(s) from your PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system before you load the Holiday 2004 Demo Disc." Speaking to GameSpot, a Sony rep clarified the situation further, saying, "You can play all of the demos including VJ2 as long as you remove the memory cards."

Last edited by Variable_Gunbuster; 11-28-2004 at 11:14 PM.

Biiiingo! Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi's Avatar
    Gil
    Studly
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Octopus Bobba Fett
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2015 08:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This news has been around for a while. I heard it was (more exclusively) linked to the 3rd save point, but its not worth the risk to check.

I'll sticky this till the Holidays are over.

Make your voice heard! Vote Kyo for Trash Bin Moderator.

-=Abstract Sig Designer=- _=RoMaN=_ is on a distinguished road _=RoMaN=_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2004 11:45 PM
    Threads

lmao HAHAHAHAH man those PS2 people just keep messin up. Hu oh well PS2 is obselete to the mighty X Box.

X Box
    open your mind to Abstract.....

Phatalia's Knight Silver Ori-Kun will become famous soon enough Silver Ori-Kun will become famous soon enough Silver Ori-Kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2004 10:49 PM
    Threads

X-Box won't ever be as good as PS2.....
    There's just so many reasons
    But my fave X-Box game is Halo, best 1st person shoot em up ever
    Anyone heard of the new PSP?
    It's meant to be some kind of new Playstation handheld with somewhat 3D graphics ~_^ WASSAT?!
    Sounds alright I guess, but I really don't know much about it

-=Abstract Sig Designer=- _=RoMaN=_ is on a distinguished road _=RoMaN=_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2004 11:45 PM
    Threads

yea the PSP is supposed to kick major *** on the handhelp market. oh but just wait till bill gates goes handheld, man that would be kick *** X Box portable. suu weeeeet.
    open your mind to Abstract.....

Senior Member Vandire is infamous around these parts Vandire is infamous around these parts Vandire is infamous around these parts Vandire's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-15-2006 05:16 PM
    Threads

Bill Gates... Eww. Microsoft has done a lot of good work, but its also done one heck of a lot of bad work and had at least a thousandfold its share of good luck. Currently it seems to spend more time and attention on PR than on y'know working on its products.

Microsoft even shrugged off free advice from professional anti-virus companies on how to help improve windows xp from serious flaws. Thats the kind of arrogance that gets to me more than anything else. But, you know, eventually Bill will come up with some excuse say the problems fixed and start a campaign to prove thats the case, irrespective of if he actually has.

I guess im a hypocrite though using XP SP2 myself XD I place far too much faith in norton antivirus/firewall to keep me safe.

Anyways.... that was a bit off topic and i apologise. So on topic.... PS2 is waaay the bestest It has Final Fantasy (not always great (X/X-2) but the name... the reputation...) it has .Hack// it has a huge, huge variety, and most importantly, i have one and so far its had every game i've wanted to purchase avaialble on it. (Probably just good luck on my part, really....)

Yay PS2! Everyone slips up occassionaly. Just so long as people are made aware... (unlike certain companies that are rather loath to admit their shortcomings...)
    If it looks like my avatar was made in MSPaint... Well, it kinda was. I have very little graphics skills, am bored of the avatars I made for myself back when I knew how to use fireworks, and didnt want to use someone elses.

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wow, good thing you pinned this. I told my brother and my room mate, they're both like "O_O!"
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

The Ignored One. Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    I live in the wonderful place called British Colombia, Canada...it's raining again...damn.
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Ai
    Wow, good thing you pinned this. I told my brother and my room mate, they're both like "O_O!"
    GOOD!! See people this is why I posted this, to help fellow ps2 owners. Not to say how much the X-box really sucks and why the ps2 is number one (and always will be) on the sales chart...right?....hehehehehe

Phatalia's Knight Silver Ori-Kun will become famous soon enough Silver Ori-Kun will become famous soon enough Silver Ori-Kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well when it comes to talking about the PS2, it's kinda hard not to bring up how much X-Box sucks...

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I told them, and then I looked at their games cos I didn't remember what one it was... but thier demo discs for the holidays don't have that game on it. ^^
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Senior Member XxJBxX has a little shameless behaviour in the past XxJBxX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2004 12:17 AM
    Threads

WOW that SUX!!!

Member SHADA-SMITH has a little shameless behaviour in the past SHADA-SMITH's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2005 02:35 PM
    Threads

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Origen
    Well when it comes to talking about the PS2, it's kinda hard not to bring up how much X-Box sucks...
    dude a copple games only on xbox are the most graphic full games than other games of ps2 or the pc versions and a lot fun whit the game play... and the ps2 has only the good Rpg games.
    and the Xbox 1 person shooters just like halo.. i think you haven't playing halo 2 before?. dude that game is so friggin awesome and the graphics? beatiful....
    at least the Xbox has an Nvidia kart
    i think you underest the power of the Xbox
    Dude i think you must to try to play whit that console. take this game NINJA GAIDEN. whit online downloads dude i garandeed you wil newer bother itt ...

i have one

The ps2 sucks for me
    Last edited by SHADA-SMITH; 12-02-2004 at 02:41 AM.
    hyakki tubatsu umakki

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Note that the thread is about PS2..not about how much you love your X-Box

Member SHADA-SMITH has a little shameless behaviour in the past SHADA-SMITH's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2005 02:35 PM
    Threads

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Origen
    Note that the thread is about PS2..not about how much you love your X-Box
    that's not the commend what i gaving you..
    i said only that the Xbox had others skills than the ps2

i must say Ps3 looks sexy

a proto model of the ps3
    hyakki tubatsu umakki

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You seen a PS3?
    That doesn't look too nice...I doubt that's the real model..
    Or will ever be it
    The current one looks better....

Biiiingo! Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi's Avatar
    Gil
    Studly
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Octopus Bobba Fett
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2015 08:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Stop the Xbox vs PS2 discussion. I'm pretty sure its been done before. Dig up the thread if you want to talk about it.

Thanks.

Make your voice heard! Vote Kyo for Trash Bin Moderator.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

sorry Gokou. Well I hope my little thread helped some ps2 owners. From now on I'm always gonna remove my memory cards when I play demos.

THE WING MAN wing 7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past wing 7's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2006 09:49 PM
    Threads

ooooooh im scared its so stupid ill say one thing about it .SO!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by wing 7
    ooooooh im scared its so stupid ill say one thing about it .SO!
    what a creative reply.....you must be awarded or something.

Bean Harvester Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2005 09:21 PM
    Threads

Hey, another thing you guys have to be aware of is the gameshark disks. "DONT USE THEM AT ALL" They're not PS2 compadable, and if you use 'em they can really mess up your system, i had sent my PS2 to be repaired because i used the gameshark disk
    TOM GREEN SHOW THEME LISTEN TO THE THEME

Ark_Angel67 Rena6793 is on a distinguished road Rena6793's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2005 09:01 AM
    Threads

$W#&Y@$W&NU#%$M%#Q*&MQ*%*!!!!!!I own a PS2!! that means all my data will be deleted?

I forgot most of my family @_@ Siggie NOT by me!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead88
    Hey, another thing you guys have to be aware of is the gameshark disks. "DONT USE THEM AT ALL" They're not PS2 compadable, and if you use 'em they can really mess up your system, i had sent my PS2 to be repaired because i used the gameshark disk
    Really? do you mean the old ps1 gameshark or the new one for the ps2...I reckon you mean the old one no?....*throws his ps1 gameshark away*

Member YogiB is on a distinguished road YogiB's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2006 04:08 AM
    In my own world thinking of Sailor Mecury
    Threads

After I read that atircal about the demo of VJ2, from now on I shall never buy or play any demo of PS2 games. PSP is going to be the greatest portable console for now, I think this going to beat Nintendo DS and other handheld console. But I don`t think Microsoft is not going to give out a portable console yet. I think they going too see how good PSP are and try to make it better,like the XBOX is at some area better then PS2,like riping music and bulid-in harddrive. What are you people think???

Final Fantsy Rulz

YogiB

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by YogiB
    After I read that atircal about the demo of VJ2, from now on I shall never buy or play any demo of PS2 games. PSP is going to be the greatest portable console for now, I think this going to beat Nintendo DS and other handheld console. But I don`t think Microsoft is not going to give out a portable console yet. I think they going too see how good PSP are and try to make it better,like the XBOX is at some area better then PS2,like riping music and bulid-in harddrive. What are you people think???

Final Fantsy Rulz
    well, maybe you should open a whole new thread about your topic. It's a good one, unfortunately this ain't the thread for talking about PSP....sorry.

(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation nightwolf8907 is an unknown quantity at this point nightwolf8907's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2004 02:57 PM
    Threads

i dont like ps2

Closed Thread

Thread Information