AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sailor moon?

Guardian of the Earth darkfire_destiny is on a distinguished road darkfire_destiny's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2005 03:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    atlanta, georgia...actually hartwell, georgia (hour and a hlaf away
    Threads

Default sailor moon?

I've been a long time fan of sailor moon. it's been too long since i've seen it and I'm looking into buying some DVD's and whatnot. However, I keep seeing people talk about the Sailor Stars "season." Am I missing something because I went to and episode guide for the show and it only showed 4 seaons. One was the original first seans, the next was refered to as the Sailor Moon R episodes, the third season was referred to as the Sailor Moon S episodes, and the final season was called the Sailor Moon Super S series. Am I missing something here. Actually I have a suspicion that the site is wrong on the last season and that season 4 is actually the Sailor Stars season or whatever. Am I right or am I blabbering incoherantly.

Also, where do each of the movies fit in to the series that's bugged me since I saw them.

Senior Member raven1491 is on a distinguished road raven1491's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2005 08:28 PM
    Threads

Talking If you want to know about sailor moon seasons,

Go to www.tvtome.com
    and you will see something that says search so you enter Salor Moon
    and it should apear some inf. about it.You should try it.

Guardian of the Earth darkfire_destiny is on a distinguished road darkfire_destiny's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ya thats where i went and it lists season 4 as the Super S episodes, is season 4 also known as he sailor stars series?

one whom I love dearly:Poohnella
    other people i know: Jagan Eye
    (popular, aren't I?)

It was his own relentless sense of fighting that led to his own defeat, that it was. -Kenshin Himura

You can pick through a million lives and never have one of your own.-Cassie James

Andrew Bollmer
    (706)376-6210
    destiny_fire1@hotmail.com
    ^That's me^

Junior Member MeliTala will become famous soon enough MeliTala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2004 09:44 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by drakfire_destiny
    ya thats where i went and it lists season 4 as the Super S episodes, is season 4 also known as he sailor stars series?
    sigh...
    there is five seasons. The last and ultimate season is the Sailor Moon StarS. This is where sailor moon battles the ultimate power by herself and learns her own essential value as well as the value of friends. If you want to know more go to google.com. Its a search engine if you didn't know, and type in Sailor Moon Stars. Look either under websites or images and you'll learn more
    "Death is the final solution...or is it?"

Senior Member Innotech has a spectacular aura about Innotech has a spectacular aura about Innotech's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-08-2006 07:09 PM
    Threads

I can tell you for sure there are exactly 5 seasons. Stars has some transexual and lesbianic elements in it, so it was deemed unfit for Americasn viewing. Sad case really, because I was looking forward to watching the show one day in its entirety. I did see the final ending battle, and its a very moving and beautiful bunch of episodes. Lets just say death is not a stranger to the SAilor Moon world and the likelihood of breaking down and crying at some parts isnt unnatural or unexpected.
    currently watching:

Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
    Mahoraba Heartful days
    Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Ichigo 100%
    Full Moon Wo Sagashite
    Tokyo Mew Mew
    School rumble
    UFO Princess Valkyrie
    Somedays Dreamers
    Burst Angel
    Disgaea
    Ouran high School host club
    Yami To Bushi to Hon No Tabibito
    Shuffle
    He Is My Master
    Mahou Shoujo Tai
    Welcome to the NHK
    Yumeria
    Kage Kara Mamoru
    Rozen Maiden

That should keep me busy for a while @-@

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

actually...that sucks. i hate when they do that, not showing an ending for a show, that's really stupid, if its that unfit for normal tv put it on adult swim or sumthin. i should complain to someone in power

i got good news and bad news. good news: adult swim is considering running the 5th season of sailor moon (Stars). Bab news, it'd have to be dubbed and probably cut in some places and i know how everyone hates that. anyway i could care less about the cutting and whatnot as long as they show it but whatever, i hope they do.

[Please don't post more than one time in a row.]
    Last edited by Fabala; 11-28-2004 at 10:49 PM.

(popular, aren't I?)

It was his own relentless sense of fighting that led to his own defeat, that it was. -Kenshin Himura

You can pick through a million lives and never have one of your own.-Cassie James

Andrew Bollmer
    (706)376-6210
    ^That's me^

Senior Member Innotech has a spectacular aura about Innotech has a spectacular aura about Innotech's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

actually...that sucks. i hate when they do that, not showing an ending for a show, that's really stupid, if its that unfit for normal tv put it on adult swim or sumthin. i should complain to someone in power

i got good news and bad news. good news: adult swim is considering running the 5th season of sailor moon (Stars). Bab news, it'd have to be dubbed and probably cut in some places and i know how everyone hates that. anyway i could care less about the cutting and whatnot as long as they show it but whatever, i hope they do.

[Please don't post more than one time in a row.]
    considering how badly they cut up the first season, especially the final two really good epides, the final battle will be practically nonexistent. People die in that battle, and according to Dic anywaym thats not acceptable. they "Faint" in Dics version. SO that would pretty much kill any effect the show would have. FRom a very emotionallydraining final battle full of tragedy, despair, and finally, hope and triumph, into a dumbed down, censored, sugarfest where nothing bad happens. Im not so sure I want them to dub the show if htey are oging to slaughter it like that.
    currently watching:

Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
    Mahoraba Heartful days
    Ichigo 100%
    Full Moon Wo Sagashite
    Tokyo Mew Mew
    School rumble
    UFO Princess Valkyrie
    Somedays Dreamers
    Burst Angel
    Disgaea
    Shuffle
    He Is My Master
    Mahou Shoujo Tai
    Welcome to the NHK
    Yumeria
    Kage Kara Mamoru
    Rozen Maiden

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

well it probably wouldn't be DIC who dubbed and cut and it would also be appearing on adult swim which is obviously a little more linient with what it can and cant show. so i don't believe that the show would be as butchered as the first season

(popular, aren't I?)

Andrew Bollmer
    (706)376-6210
    ^That's me^

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

well it probably wouldn't be DIC who dubbed and cut and it would also be appearing on adult swim which is obviously a little more linient with what it can and cant show. so i don't believe that the show would be as butchered as the first season
    They're probably not going to release it, no one seems interested in Sailor Moon anymore

Senior Member Moon Blade is on a distinguished road Moon Blade's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-24-2005 11:47 PM
    Threads

Wink

As of last night, I finally saw the entire Sailor Stars season. I got fansubs from a friend of mine. I must say, it was very good. For those who disliked SuperS because of the lightheartedness and emphasis on Chibi-Usa, you will not be disappointed in Sailor Stars.

As far as I know, Toei (Japanese company that owns SM) does not plan on giving out the lisence to any more Sailor Moon anytime soon. According to the final article released by "Save Our SAilors" campaign, Toei revoked all rights that ADV had (but not Geneon) and would not give out any more for an undetermined time. There is apossibility that the lisence could go out around MArch of next year, but thet is hypothetical. THey also said that ADV wanted to obtain Sailor Stars, so they may still want to get it and release it like the Uncut Box sets for seasons one and two when possible. That last part is my own conjecture.

As far as editing to show on TV, dialog can be changed to eliminate the lesbian references (like in S) and use "bathing suits" (like CN's broadcasts of Outlaw Star and Tenchi Muyo OVA. The problem lies in the transsexual element, which cannot be erased and have the story in any coherent order. I would doubt it would be shown unless they accept that into the edit version.

MeliTala brings up a good point in the interest in SM. I doubt there is enough interest for a broadcast run for the series. I do see it being released, however, as ADV apparently did rather well with their uncut releases until they were forced to discontinue them.

If you can get your hands on the fansubs, do it. You won't be disappointed.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That's all very well isn't it? I'm glad to hear a company might actually release it. I'm asking for it for christmas, maybe I'll get the Stars dvds. I'm also redoing my manga collection of sailor moon, since I have a few japanese ones, and the Sailor V series . I was 11 when I got my first sm manga and its all beat up. As well as the rest of them. Just imagine reading the first Sailor Moon manga of the first part, and finding a page from the manga Sailor Stars.. oui.. I was a bad eleven year old

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

you know, it pisses me off thatAmerican cartoons like South PArk can be allowed on US television, but somethingl ike this isnt allowed because of gender issues. So its ok to talk of anal probes and CHef's sluts, but somehow not ok for an anime involving girls who are lesbian to be even released as a uncut DVD set? Standards suck here and are heavily biased.
    currently watching:

Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
    Mahoraba Heartful days
    Ichigo 100%
    Full Moon Wo Sagashite
    Tokyo Mew Mew
    School rumble
    UFO Princess Valkyrie
    Somedays Dreamers
    Burst Angel
    Disgaea
    Shuffle
    He Is My Master
    Mahou Shoujo Tai
    Welcome to the NHK
    Yumeria
    Kage Kara Mamoru
    Rozen Maiden

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-1969 07:00 PM
    Threads

i agree that is very stupid how they react to things on shows. south park has gay men in it why cant we have a show with lesbians in it? i think that it has to done with people being really insecure when it comes to things like that. not allowing the show to be on t.v. b/c of what they are is really stupid.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by yukina18
    i agree that is very stupid how they react to things on shows. south park has gay men in it why cant we have a show with lesbians in it? i think that it has to done with people being really insecure when it comes to things like that. not allowing the show to be on t.v. b/c of what they are is really stupid.
    um... south parks on late at night, no parent, respectable or no, lets their child watch that show. That's why there's adult swim. For all the "grown up" cartoons or anime. The reason they're not playing sailor moon is because there is lack of intrest in it. People are more into the newer animes such as Inu Yasha, flashes boobs, and Witch Hunter Robin and so on. Its not about hypocricy anymore,its jsut there's very little interest in Sailor Moon anymore

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

well, adult swim's forum has a whole section devoted to fan requests for shows. there are a bunch of threads for sailor stars so they have a decent chance

(popular, aren't I?)

Andrew Bollmer
    (706)376-6210
    ^That's me^

Joker Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2006 05:09 PM
    Threads

So sailor moon had only 4 seasons? Hmph..i figured there would be more for such a popular kids show.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by sega saturn X
    So sailor moon had only 4 seasons? Hmph..i figured there would be more for such a popular kids show.
    there's five and three movies to the whole thing,

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by sega saturn X
    by seasons, they mean seperate series, not amount of episodes.

1-46 Sailor Moon 47-89 Sailor Moon R 90-127 Sailor Moon S 128-166 Sailor Moon SuperS 167-200 Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
    currently watching:

Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
    Mahoraba Heartful days
    Ichigo 100%
    Full Moon Wo Sagashite
    Tokyo Mew Mew
    School rumble
    UFO Princess Valkyrie
    Somedays Dreamers
    Burst Angel
    Disgaea
    Shuffle
    He Is My Master
    Mahou Shoujo Tai
    Welcome to the NHK
    Yumeria
    Kage Kara Mamoru
    Rozen Maiden

Joker Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2006 05:09 PM
    Threads

Ahh that makes more sence they way you wrote it is a tad confusing but i get it.

Junior Member cornelia129 is on a distinguished road cornelia129's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-12-2004 02:59 AM
    Threads

I love sailor moon especially Chibi-Usa (teen) She's so beautiful ^0^

I belong to no one.... But my heart does

*drools* but... I'd rather drool for enkarnation ^0^

Has no life (~_~) Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2007 10:35 AM
    Threads

First...Sailor Moon was never really first intended to be a kids' show...the U.S. just made it that way >>

Second...I'm not sure of whether there's 4 or 5 seasons. I've always said there's 4. In fact, I'm almost positive it's just 4. I think there's two parts to the first season. As stated earlier in this post, the four seasons are Sailor Moon R, SM S, SM SuperS, and SM Stars. Plus the three movies of course. If you went to buy the boxed seasons, the first season available is R, there's nothing before it. Stars is an excellent ending to the series. I do wish there was more to the series of course, but yeah. There you go ^^

The pain in pleasure often becomes the pleasure of pain.
    Thanks for watching as I fall...
    Beauty is a curse on this world. It keeps us all from knowing who the real monsters are.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Wink The seasons

Here are the Sailor Moon seasons and what they generally contain.

Season 1: "Sailor Moon" - Usagi first gets her powers and must fight Queen Beryl and Queen Metalia (aka "Negaforce"). Tuxedo Mask also appears in Episode 1. The other inner senshi come in at various points in this season.

Season 2: "Sailor Moon R" - Part 1 is the "Doom Tree" series with the Aliens Ali and En ("Alan and Ann"). The senshi all regain their memories lost after season 1 in the first two episodes and must fight against the energy-draining aliens. Appearence of the Moonlight Knight. Part 2 is the Black Moon Clan and the first appearence of Chibi-Usa. They must fight agains Prince Dimande and the Death Phantom. Sailor Pluto is first seen.

Season 3: "Sailor Moon S" - Usagi and company must fight against The Professor, the Deathbusters, and Pharoh 90. The Holy Grail and the Pure Heart Crystals are the main targets. Sailor Uranus, Neptune and Saturn first arrive. First appearence of Super Sailor Moon. The four outer senshi leave (through various means) at the end of S.

Season 4: "Sailor Moon SuperS" - Focused on Chibi-Usa, the senshi must fight the Dead Moon Circus and Queen Nehelenia. They are after Pegasus, who helps the senshi via Chibi-Usa.

Season 5: "Sailor Moon: Sailor StarS" - The final season. Do not read the [spoiler ^^] if you do not wish to learn some plot points and the characters from Stars!

Part 1 is the return of Nehelenia, where they must face her and her newfound wrath. Sailor Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, and Saturn return. First appearence of Eternal Sailor Moon. Part 2 is the true Stars season, when the senshi must fight Galaxia and the Sailor Animates. Chibi-Usa does not appear. First appearence of the three Sailor Starlights and their Princess. Also, Chibi Chibi appears.
    The final episode, number 200, finishes the series.

I own the american boxsets from seasons 1-4, each is very much seperate. Sailor Moon and SM R were released by ADV,and have been discontinued. SM S and SM SuperS are still availible from Geneon. I also own fansubs of Sailor Stars.

[Spoiler tags are nice, aren't they? ^_~]
    Last edited by Moon Blade; 12-06-2004 at 01:41 AM.

Has no life (~_~) Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2007 10:35 AM
    Threads

Although the boxset is of Season R which starts from the very beginning. I'm wondering if Season R is a combo of many parts.

The pain in pleasure often becomes the pleasure of pain.
    Thanks for watching as I fall...
    Beauty is a curse on this world. It keeps us all from knowing who the real monsters are.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2014 05:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Er... Season R has two separate halves, but it is one season. It is not the beginning. The first season (Sailor Moon) is. Confusion may come in because due to the ending of the first season...

...the senshi/"scouts" have to be "reborn" in the second season.
    Watching the first will make it all clear ^^ Should, anyway.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thumbs down spoiler thanks and further clarification

Hey thanks (Reiako?) for the spoiler-proofing. I couldn't figure out the best way to do it! Could you let me know how?

Basically, Sailor Moon, Tuxedo Mask, and Luna should be the only characters who appear until around episode 8. Jedite should also be around. If you see other senshi earlier than that, you have season 2.

Also...if you have the ADV box sets, Chibi-Usa and Dark Lady appear on the individual binds of R (the box sets come with two block cases inside a box). Two different pictures of Sailor Moon as well as Artemis and Luna appear on boxset's individual binds for season 1. These are seperate and R begins at episode 47. It is possible to have both seasons if you have a non-American release.

Edit: lol, I figured the spoiler thing out! Thanks again!
    Last edited by Moon Blade; 12-06-2004 at 01:45 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information