AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Infinite Ryvius

Member Defender has a brilliant future Defender has a brilliant future Defender has a brilliant future Defender has a brilliant future Defender has a brilliant future Defender has a brilliant future Defender has a brilliant future Defender has a brilliant future Defender has a brilliant future Defender has a brilliant future Defender has a brilliant future Defender's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2007 12:32 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Infinite Ryvius

Has anyone else seen this?

I saw a trailer for it on one of my other anime's and that it was interesting.
    I picked up the first volume and was instantly hooked.

The gist of it is a few hundred kids are on an astronaut training facility that gets sabotaged and starts to sink into what's called the gadult. This is a sort of "sea in space" that features enourmous pressure that most space vessels can't withstand.

The kids instructers (what few were left) sacrificed themselves to help the kids launch the training ship.
    Well, after this the kids learn that the training vessel is attached to this large warship called the Ryvius.

The rest of the series goes on to capture their struggle of trying to get home.
    Was very intense.

Good music and characters.

THE WING MAN wing 7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past wing 7's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2006 09:49 PM
    Threads

no i cant say i have

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

that DOES sound interesting. Maybe I should check it out?
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

I heard it was confusing. Ill check it out though.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Member Defender has a brilliant future Defender has a brilliant future Defender has a brilliant future Defender has a brilliant future Defender has a brilliant future Defender has a brilliant future Defender has a brilliant future Defender has a brilliant future Defender has a brilliant future Defender has a brilliant future Defender has a brilliant future Defender's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I didn't think it was confusing at all.
    But there are a couple aspects that aren't revealed till near the end of the 26 episode season.

I'd highly recommend it.

Good mix of drama & action, with a bit of romance tossed into the mix.

As you may have guess there's quite a few suprises on the Ryvius as well.

Oh and the entire series is available on DVD in the US.

Junior Member hinoki_sai hinoki_sai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2004 05:08 PM
    Threads

Default yes

I have seen Infinite Ryvius. I've only seen DVDs 1 and 2 though, my anime source is a little empty right now. It was extremely good though! It had such a great plot and the animation itself was very smooth. I also took a liking to the music.

Junior Member a_simple_fool is on a distinguished road a_simple_fool's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-13-2004 12:25 PM
    Threads

Oh my, where to begin.

Ok, first I too caught sight of this on a set of previews on one of my other series. I grabbed the first one and I too was drawn in. I have to say that this anime is one of the most realistic looks on what would really happen in a situation like this. everything from the politics of the kids, the back stabbing, to the consequences of actions. Everything. I kept waiting and waiting as I watched this series to see them finally come together completely and have a happy wonderful environment on the ship. This is the usual routine of animes I've seen with similar ideas. But the fact that the show kept everything in a constant state of uncertainty, anger, jealousy, hidden love, anxiety, the fact that all these emotions were constantly running wild in the show seemed to make it that much realer to me and kept me watching to see who would change, who would finally act, who would come up with the plan that would finally save the kids from them selves.

**Spoiler, do not read this little segment if you have not seen whole series**

I really think that the Sphix was as strong and resilient as she was simply because she was exposed to all those emotions. Strong emotions at that. If it had simply been adults, men and women that have some maturity and don't have as much room to grow and are not as apt to allow them selves to feel things as strongly as kids, then the sphix would not have learned and grown to the extent that she did and thus all would have been lost. I think the fact that she learned from the kids emotions, kind of grew up along side some of the characters so to speak, I think that gave her the strength that was needed to help get them through it all. but that's just my opinion.

**ok, back to the safe stuff**

Over all it is a wonderful series with a great soundtrack. I went from liking some characters to hating them, and hating some and them liking them as they developed. Its a wonderful series that portrays kids as they are, and I really felt it was well done on all counts. That's my peace.

David

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Word... That's about all I can say.

Closed Thread

Thread Information