AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what's your view on our current music?

Junior Member ATOMSK is on a distinguished road ATOMSK's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-26-2004 02:23 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default what's your view on our current music?

personally, i don't like it. all these new bands coming out, all sounds the same, and are over hyped by commercials, like "this band is the new wave of music!!" or " the band everyone is talking about!!". although some new bands are ok, such as audioslave and velvet revolver. and i'm getting sick of popular bands that arn't that good. like good charlotte, linkin park, hoobastank, new found glory, etc etc. they cater to teenage anst too much. nirvana, ac/dc, metallica, green day, the offspring, red hot chili peppers, foo fighters, and led zeppelin are much better. if you haven't noticed, i've been talking about rock music the whole time. but don't let that stop you from talking about other styles of music.
    is work hell? answer: get back to work!!

Bean Harvester Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2005 09:21 PM
    Threads

I hear what you are saying dude and you're right, people these days do not know what is good rock music anymore. And alot of the bands that you listed inthe begining like Good charlotte and NFG do cater on teenage perspectives.
    TOM GREEN SHOW THEME LISTEN TO THE THEME

Silent Shout retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-15-2017 02:04 PM
    Threads

new music is crap... simple as~

Senior Member DarkGundamPilot is on a distinguished road DarkGundamPilot's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-05-2006 04:01 PM
    Threads

I hate most of the new music now. For example punk use to be great, then GC came out and everyone thought they were punk. After that bands like Simple Plan and Sum 41 got the label punk or "pop/punk". The worst part, though, is they came out with a "punk" style of clothes (like all that pyramid crap) and people think if they wear it they'll become punk or something.
    The only good bands (in my opinion) out now are anti-flag, kittie, slipknot, nfg, and some others.

Now this is just my opinion so don't flame me.
    "SQUIRRELY WRATH!"

Bean Harvester Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

This current music thing is turning poeple into possers man.

Junior Member ATOMSK is on a distinguished road ATOMSK's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-26-2004 02:23 PM
    Threads

thank goodness someone agrees. yeah, the whole pop/punk thing is really annoying, and it pisses me off sometimes. thankfully, it's died down alot. at least, down here it has.
    is work hell? answer: get back to work!!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah, but not in New Jersey it asn't

Lord of the Netherworld _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2005 02:28 PM
    Threads

Hahahaha, new music just sucks dude! You know, one day my friend was commenting about Blink 182... Well, I despise them! I said that they are pop, then my friend laughed and said "what the hell are you saying? they are punk!". Man was that hilarious! Blink 182... PUNK?! OMG! Am -I- the one living under a rock or what? XD
    Really, I don't use to listen to Led Zeppelin too much, but their music is really good. Ever listened to Steve Vai? Ever listened to Children of Bodom? Cradle of Filth? Blind Guardian? Nightwish? Dir en grey? But oh, well, punk? Well, there is Ramones! They are a good punk band, although I'm not really into punk.
    But now really... What plays on the radio/tv... OMG! USHER???!!! GOOD CHARLOTTE???!!! HOOBASTANK???!!! THREE DAYS GRACE???!!! Where the hell is this world going? Where have the good stuff gone? It just disappeared...

*note*
    If you read the last few lines and feel the urge to flame me with arguments such as "what? good charlotte rules and you suck, and the music you listen to suck", give me a decent argument, OK? Because technically talking, every band I mentioned is better then the bands I mentioned on the last lines... Better musicians... If you want MY arguments about that, then here:
    1. Guitars: Well, I'm not even going to talk about Steve Vai here, because the day that Good Charlotte's guitarist is able to play 10 seconds of one of Vai's solos... Well, then we can even start to think about considerating that...
    2. Drums: OK, Thomen Stauch - Blind Guardian's drummer - just can't be compared to any of those low level drummers of any of those last lines bands... It's like comparing the size of a mammoth with that of an ant. His technique and speed is not just the basic easy-to-play-nowadays-punk that you hear... Save Blink, because I have to admit that their drummer is good.
    3. Bass: Now get any nowadays punk bassist and compare to Totchi - Dir en grey's bassist. Well, for further reference, listen to Cage or アクロの丘 (Akuro No Oka) and then try to compare...
    4. Vocals: People may say this is just relative to tastes, but none of those punk vocalists can make their voices go high and low, like Tarja Turunen - Nightwish - and Hansi Kürsch - Blind Guardian. Go figure.

Again, I'm speaking TECHNICALLY. If you like them... I don't blame you, but I say you should go listen to real music.
    Last edited by _hades the wicked; 11-20-2004 at 08:23 PM.

The Ignored One. Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2007 11:21 AM
    I live in the wonderful place called British Colombia, Canada...it's raining again...damn.
    Threads

I myself am very musical (been a guitarist for 3 bands and counting). So I can tell you that the music that's out right now is pretty much crap. I don't wanna talk about music because it's too meaningful to me to argue. But take a close look at what's out there right now, do you see a trend?
    are you listening to it because you wanna fit in with others?
    Do the lyrics inspire you? or make you feel anything inside?
    See it's starting. Uhmmm let me just say this. Don't waste your money propaganda, if you like it then there is no problem, but don't buy music because everyone else is...and also be open minded. You shouldn't stick to just ONE music genre. All genre's have something terrific to offer! You just have to learn where to look.
    And in case you were wondering what music I generally listen to?
    Well it's underground punk ofcourse. I could talk about this forever but then I would start to step on a few toes..and that's not what I want.
    oh and Dark Death!!!! Great post man. Intelligent and too the friggin' point. You pointed out a few bands I love. Cheers guy!
    Last edited by Variable_Gunbuster; 11-20-2004 at 09:32 PM.

Lord of the Netherworld _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

For us, guitar players, it is so ridiculous to see power chord-ers becoming famous and selling a lot and stuff... It's just stupid to see how I can play a thousand times better than almost any of the guitarists of those bands which play nowadays... I consider that an offence to the people who are buying the albums... The fact that I, who started to learn guitar like, 3 or 4 years ago and can only play a few hours a week, can play better than those guys whose lives is to play the god damned guitar.

Member Rainb0w is on a distinguished road Rainb0w's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-13-2005 10:07 AM
    Threads

In my opinion I feel that many teenagers these days who think they are rockers know nothing about rock music. Look at recent "best ever" reader's polls in guitar magazines for a fine example, most of the Nu-"Metal" guitarists are up in the top 20 - 30 and the likes of Ritchie Blackmore hardly bear a mention!

Seriously, if anyone wants to take up the guitar and be taken seriously you will need to know the standards set by the likes of David Gilmour, Ritchie Blackmore et al.

For an example of how standards have deteriorated, listen to a Evanescence song and compare the guitar playing to that of Iron Maiden's "The Trooper" or Rainbow's "Kill The King".

Digital Plague Dark_Misery will become famous soon enough Dark_Misery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2005 08:54 PM
    Threads

They either can't sing, or Dance...or Both...

Senior Member DarkGundamPilot is on a distinguished road DarkGundamPilot's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-05-2006 04:01 PM
    Threads

New "rock" scares me...
    "SQUIRRELY WRATH!"

Senior Member souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2015 03:04 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I no longer pay attention to when people say ,"Hey Emily, try this new band, you'll love it so much!" I was talking to my friend on AIM, and he kept trying to get me to listen to Linkin Park, Korn, and Franz Ferdinand. I don't know if I spelt any of those right, but who cares. Anyway, I really hate it when people talk about bands like Sum 41, Blink 182, etc., and go off on a tangent about how punk they are. If you want to see some real punk, look to the 70s and early 80s. That was the golden age of the genre, and as far as I'm concerned, true punk died out in the 90s, save for a few rare bands here and there. As for current music in general, I love techno and a few songs by U2, and that's it. I also like some other bands that were big in the ninties, but that's it for American music. Foreign music is what I really love.

The Ignored One. Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    I live in the wonderful place called British Colombia, Canada...it's raining again...damn.
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Rem
    ......true punk died out in the 90s
    wrong. If you've followed punk for as long as I have, there is more than a handful of good punk bands out there. Just because they aren't signed doesn't mean they ain't good, besides most punk bands nowadays have the opportunity of getting signed but they refuse to because they don't want a rich guy telling them what to do just to sell money, which means they go "underground" playing to the true fans that know and understand them...more importantly where to find them. Ok I'm done for now.......I'll leave now

Plastic Weasel Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-05-2006 08:21 PM
    Threads

pop: ...why? why does it even exist?!
    hip-hop: ...why? why does it all sound like pop now?!?O_o
    Rap:What happened to all the good stuff!?! ...oh yeah, they all died in the mid 90's or got into acting/producing. (R.I.P. Easy E.,Tupac, Biggie.)
    Rock: its ok... still prefere classic rock,80's rock and early 90's to the majority of the new stuff. but some of it is pretty good.

recently i been listening mostly to classic rock and old school rap
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. "

-Ted Geisel aka. Dr. Suess

Close the world, txEn eht nepO

Junior Member e||a*f|n|x is on a distinguished road e||a*f|n|x's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2004 09:10 AM
    Threads

well, i think that new generation's music is more softer than the older days. it's obvious because last time the music was like more louder than the latest ones. but from the moral side, the new generation's new music filled with foul words.
    Se|ina.Hebe.E||a

Senior Member Innotech has a spectacular aura about Innotech has a spectacular aura about Innotech's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-08-2006 07:09 PM
    Threads

I think Rock began to suck mid 90's with that nu-metal and heavily chord based riffs. There isnt ripping fast lous screaming guitars anymore and I think that is quite sad. Van Halens style is the kind of guiar playing I like. ACDC also. Those 2 bands rock out.
    I tend to prefer 70s era classic rock in general though.
    currently watching:

Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
    Mahoraba Heartful days
    Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Ichigo 100%
    Full Moon Wo Sagashite
    Tokyo Mew Mew
    School rumble
    UFO Princess Valkyrie
    Somedays Dreamers
    Burst Angel
    Disgaea
    Ouran high School host club
    Yami To Bushi to Hon No Tabibito
    Shuffle
    He Is My Master
    Mahou Shoujo Tai
    Welcome to the NHK
    Yumeria
    Kage Kara Mamoru
    Rozen Maiden

That should keep me busy for a while @-@

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Innotech
    I think Rock began to suck mid 90's with that nu-metal and heavily chord based riffs. There isnt ripping fast lous screaming guitars anymore and I think that is quite sad. Van Halens style is the kind of guiar playing I like. ACDC also. Those 2 bands rock out.
    I tend to prefer 70s era classic rock in general though.
    Can't forget Led Zeppelin. God I love him...in a musician type of way course...

Senior Member Innotech has a spectacular aura about Innotech has a spectacular aura about Innotech's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Variable_Gunbuster
    Rainbow was really good too.
    currently watching:

Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
    Mahoraba Heartful days
    Ichigo 100%
    Full Moon Wo Sagashite
    Tokyo Mew Mew
    School rumble
    UFO Princess Valkyrie
    Somedays Dreamers
    Burst Angel
    Disgaea
    Shuffle
    He Is My Master
    Mahou Shoujo Tai
    Welcome to the NHK
    Yumeria
    Kage Kara Mamoru
    Rozen Maiden

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Variable_Gunbuster
    Him? Led Zeppelin was a band, not a person...

Shadow the Hedgehog fiend VGMasterShadow is on a distinguished road VGMasterShadow's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2005 09:51 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGundamPilot
    New "rock" scares me...
    New rock scares the out of me.
    Let the pwning begin...

Fear the Kirby

Still waiting for Legend of Zelda; The Twilight Princess...and waiting...and waiting.

Shadow pwns all.

Member Midnight Kitana is on a distinguished road Midnight Kitana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2005 11:11 PM
    Threads

Yeah, most music nowadays suck a**. They all sound the same, lack originality, and are generally overrated by the media.

Punk used to be great but now so many posers are taking control of it. Same goes to rap, which is just crap now and has been for the last several years. I prefer listening to older rock and punk nowadays.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The reason I think peoplel ike Velvet Revolver is because aside from Axel Rose, Velvet Revolver is Guns N roses with the Stone Temple Pilots singer, an excellent combination.
    Listen to bandsl ike Iron Maiden, ACDC, Van Halen, Jimmy Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd skynyrd for how to really play a guitar. Seriously. I know bands have got talent, I know guitarists can pplay, it just seems to me that people got lazy and want to make music with a minimum of skill required. When my brother, who has played guitar for about 7 months, can play most of the new stuff, thats a sure sign that musical bars need to be raised.
    I welcome any band that isnt afraid to wail on that guitar, pick it until the strings squeal and break from the intensity of the music. Put the soul back into Rock and roll!
    currently watching:

Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
    Mahoraba Heartful days
    Ichigo 100%
    Full Moon Wo Sagashite
    Tokyo Mew Mew
    School rumble
    UFO Princess Valkyrie
    Somedays Dreamers
    Burst Angel
    Disgaea
    Shuffle
    He Is My Master
    Mahou Shoujo Tai
    Welcome to the NHK
    Yumeria
    Kage Kara Mamoru
    Rozen Maiden

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

There's lots of good concurrent music, although none on the public commercial channels (ie: MTV, record stores etc.)

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Closed Thread

Thread Information