AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: English boxsets VS. Japanese boxsets

Member White Haru will become famous soon enough White Haru will become famous soon enough White Haru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2007 11:35 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default English boxsets VS. Japanese boxsets

I buy mostly boxsets and I purchase both english and japanese boxsets. The English boxsets contain space for more voulmes. While the Japanese boxsets are smaller and have flaps which contains the anime discs rather than volume boxes . Also they have a greater number of episodes on one disc. I like both boxset styles. But the question is which do you prefer? Japanese or English Boxset (or both).
    Just hope tomorrow will be a better day.

I don't know what's suppose to happen but then again I don't really care

Love the life you have. It could be much worse.

Senior Member Essex has a reputation beyond repute Essex has a reputation beyond repute Essex has a reputation beyond repute Essex has a reputation beyond repute Essex has a reputation beyond repute Essex has a reputation beyond repute Essex has a reputation beyond repute Essex has a reputation beyond repute Essex has a reputation beyond repute Essex has a reputation beyond repute Essex has a reputation beyond repute Essex's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2006 09:36 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I think this is in the wrong forum, though

'I wish she'd guri-guri me like that'
    'Yes! Guri-guri-ing all over the place. I'm jealous!'

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'll send it to General Anime...
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Joker Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2006 05:09 PM
    Threads

I always i reapeat always by american box sets with any thing but anime. Anime just tends to be cheaper with japan box sets like gundam wing was only 45$ rather then 100 some odd. But they are low quality disks alot of japan ones are. I purchased 3 hellraiser jpn discks they were terrible as low grade as it comes. Bad boxes and lots of skiping and around 6 ot 9 chapters per movie! So now i only by american box sets which are always better quality.

Senior Member XxJBxX has a little shameless behaviour in the past XxJBxX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2004 12:17 AM
    Threads

ummm i thing english boxsets are better especially when u only speeak english. i buy english boxsets like Maison Ikkoku, or Jubei-Chan. and it also saves u a lot of MONEY.

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2010 03:42 PM
    Threads

I concur. If you hate the American voices, you can always change it to Japanese audio w/subs.

Future Manga Producer Anime_Overload will become famous soon enough Anime_Overload's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2005 10:09 PM
    Threads

Yup buy the english versions. you can alwasy change it to the Japanese sub version, but the only down side is that the subs get in the way sometimes. But i don't mind since i watch both the english and japanese of the english version. I like to compare voices. sometimes the Japanese voice acting is better (GUndum Seed) and sometimes the english version is as good or better than the Japanese voice acting (Figure 17)

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I concur. I especially love the anime where the voices are just as good in both (Trigun).

Joker Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2006 05:09 PM
    Threads

Some dont work in Japanese voices like cowboy bebop or hellsing they sound awful in Japanese.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I remember hearing the Bebop movie in Japanese, and I thought the voices were adequate.

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Yeah, actually, the voices are the way they were intended in the Japanese. When translated, and then directed over again, they rarely come out with the same feeling in the acting.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Acting is kind of difficult.

Future Manga Producer Anime_Overload will become famous soon enough Anime_Overload's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

hey give the english voice actors a break, it's hard trying to match the lines with the mouth movments.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I realize that. But some people are just critical regardless. Personally, I don't REALLY mind the VA in English, unless the voices TOTALLY don't fit the characters.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Like as in Gundum Seed?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Or .HACK//Dusk, Read or Die TV, etc.

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

I'm not blaming the voice actors. Not in the least. And actually, some of the American voice actors do a better job than some of the Japanese. It's something that can't be helped. Translation always loses something.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Senior Member maguro has a spectacular aura about maguro has a spectacular aura about maguro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2005 10:06 AM
    Threads

i like japanese seiyuu better.. but in rurouni kenshin the english seiyuu did a great job..
    i like it..
    ~CaMuI MaGuRo~

MaGuRo.. A BiShIeS LuVeR!!

Closed Thread

Thread Information