AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Any other Nadesico Fans disappointed with the movie?

Junior Member Zanna is on a distinguished road Zanna's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2004 06:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Any other Nadesico Fans disappointed with the movie?

Well i loved the series, but i just though that the movie was a big letdown compared to the series. I mean they changed the look of Nadesico and went all dark instead and i just didn't like how they did that

heartless killer TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2008 02:32 PM
    Threads

The movie was terrible awful no humor way too serious and dark.

The clan is full so don't bother unless you want a new user title.

Junior Member Anime_Mystic is on a distinguished road Anime_Mystic's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2004 12:54 AM
    Threads

=^^= fear the neko i will hopefully win again XD

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 02:32 AM
    Threads

Mm, I've never heard of this...what's it about?
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 08:44 PM
    Threads

When you say changed the look of Nadesico do you mean the actual ship?

And i did think it sucked a bit but i did like the way Ruri looked in it xD. The ending battle scene was to short and there wasn't much about Lapiz, they need to make a sequal to the movie
    Last edited by [BlackDeath]; 11-17-2004 at 09:11 AM.
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Senior Member Shinkono Kokoro is an unknown quantity at this point Shinkono Kokoro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2004 08:54 PM
    Threads

A movie? What? Since when? Lol. I'll have to go on a hunt to find it now! ^___^
    And the music played, singing to the hearts of lovers, the hearts of men, and the hearts of women...

Family:
    Husband- Noir
    Step-father- Mecha-Griever
    Little sisters- ~~~fedelicious~~~, LunaGirl, riku_niwa Female_hitokiri, Psycho_girl, and MojoJojo
    Older sisters- Ganmour-slayer
    Brother-in-law- Leo Seta
    Niece- Naru16
    Cousin- Demorg
    Aunt- Fragile_1

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It's been out for about a month or two i think? The movie is called Prince of Darkness by the way

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2010 04:42 PM
    Highland, CA (since nobody knows where that is)
    Threads

I only have a crummy fansubbed version, but from what I saw of it, it was not as good as the series.

THE WING MAN wing 7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past wing 7's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2006 10:49 PM
    Threads

i thought the show and movie could of had more action.

Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The series was ok, just the movie let it down, not to much to the story of the movie and lacking in the action department, although the animation and artwork was pretty impressive

Junior Member a_simple_fool is on a distinguished road a_simple_fool's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-13-2004 01:25 PM
    Threads

Well I'm not going to say I was overly thrilled with the movie. I liked it, but yes I really really wish it had been used as the spring board into a whole new season of the series. But that does not seem to be in the cards. Sadly.

As for the movie being darker, I kind of understood it. Seriously, in the series the severity of the war was kind of down played to the crazy fun antics of the crew, which I loved. I'm not going to lie, that series has a very special place in my heart as one of my favs. But honestly I think that the movie captured more of the consequences that would face the human race after the end of the series. Also if anyone has read the manga you would know that it is oh so much darker. It still has its humor, but the over all feel and content is a lot darker and more serious.

I do wish that they would expand on what happened in the movie a little more. Like who exactly was the young girl that was the pilot of Akito's ship? Personally I think she was a genetically created kid like Ruri, but made from the genetic DNA of Akito and Yurika (sp?) There are a lot of things that were left unanswered in the movie, so I do wish they would create a new series to continue from where the movie left off. But I think I have to consign that to my numerous other " I wish this would happen" thoughts about other anime series.

David

Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I do wish that they would expand on what happened in the movie a little more. Like who exactly was the young girl that was the pilot of Akito's ship? Personally I think she was a genetically created kid like Ruri, but made from the genetic DNA of Akito and Yurika (sp?) There are a lot of things that were left unanswered in the movie, so I do wish they would create a new series to continue from where the movie left off. But I think I have to consign that to my numerous other " I wish this would happen" thoughts about other anime series.
    Her name is Lapiz, and she was made the same a Ruri, it did say in the movie y'know
    Last edited by [BlackDeath]; 12-01-2004 at 10:23 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Death
    Her name is Papiz, and she was made the same a Ruri, it did say in the movie y'know
    Yes, of that I am aware. However, I was just saying that I think she was made from the DNA of Akito and Yurika. I caught onto the fact of her name and that she was a ..what was it they called them? Golden Faries? Something like that.. but besides those facts there are a lot more things that I would like to know. that's all.

Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well i agree, the movie did lack in a lot of information that would've been useful to know, i still did like the movie though, in terms of it's quality.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

oh definitely, I think it was a very well done movie quality wise. Visually it was wonderful. And the story was good, I just think they wrote it out to be a springboard for a new part of the series, but that never followed through sadly.

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That sounds like a bummer. I have only had the opportunity to see half the series, on two different occasions.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm sorry to hear that. In my personal opinion Martian Successor Nadesico is definitely worth the investment of buying and watching. They've got the whole series for sale in a box set. I highly recommend picking it up.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Easn't it one of the most popular anime in Japan at one time?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That I could not tell you. But it would not surprise me.

Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by a_simple_fool
    That I could not tell you. But it would not surprise me.
    Animes are in and out like fashion so i guess it wouldn't be any surprise, i too have seen the whole series although i don't own it, it's one of these animes i've seen and since i saw it i'm not that bothered about buying it anytime soon! but if you havn't seen it then maybe it's something to add to your christmas list ^^

Closed Thread

Thread Information