AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Flying bot..

Junior Member FenrisWolf is on a distinguished road FenrisWolf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2004 06:23 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Flying bot..

Hello,this is my first posty here,i hope you can stand me (...cut others first-post things )

I've just made this WP..And it's the first time i try one,sso i'm really a newbie ^^

Add to that the fact that i still don't know well all the GIMP options....So probably it's somewhere between horrible-land and terrible-land

Tips are welcome
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lavoro da finire 4.jpg‎
Views:	66
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	605  
    Last edited by FenrisWolf; 10-28-2004 at 11:49 AM.

Ich liebe dich ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____'s Avatar
    Gil
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2009 05:47 PM
    Threads

pretty good for a first time.

could you try to clear up the image. it is a bit blurry and pixilated.

try moving around the text instead of putting it in that little corner.

and.......-just an idea-.........maybe you could add more text. up to you though.

Lord of the Netherworld _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2005 02:28 PM
    Threads

I agree... You're really a newbie... Here, some tips:
    #1: Never put your text to a corner that people won't see if they put the wall on their desktop (most people use their taskbars on the bottom of their desks)
    #2: Find a good font that fits the subject you're working with. Usually windows won't have those (I tend to suck at searching for good fonts, because I'm too lazy =P)
    #3: Try to get the best quality pics you can for subject images. Never use small/blurry pics, it degrades the quality of your wall.
    #4: Try to use nice contrast and colors. Weak colors and neutral contrast tend to make your work look boring.
    #5: Try to work well on your cutouts, since the small bad pixels that remain ARE noticed most of the times.

That's about it. Hope that helps.

Silenced By Censorship Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 12:04 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

http://www.1001freefonts.com/

Great place for fonts. ^_^
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Now this, this I fly with pride.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Pu
    http://www.1001freefonts.com/

Great place for fonts. ^_^
    Thx,found the font i needed ^_^

And this is a first step....

...about the others tips...I don't know where to start from :

Ich liebe dich ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____'s Avatar
    Gil
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2009 05:47 PM
    Threads

first, just start to clear the image up. find better quality pics and make sure the colors are true.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-03-2006 09:32 AM
    Threads

i dun really regard tt as a wp.. it looks like a blurred out img tt is covered in dust -.-... no offence...anyway since its ur first wp,good try....try harder!

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Your first step would be to clean up the image. That would include making it clearer, working on the extraction (the edges, to make sure they are clean and smooth), and so on.

I would have to disagree with DD about the color issue. I think it is perfectly fine to have neutral or blending colors. Very soothing on the eyes if done well.

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by nutcase
    i dun really regard tt as a wp.. it looks like a blurred out img tt is covered in dust -.-... no offence...
    NP

I'm searching for better starting imgs now...But all i can find is the same quality of those i took from my dvd....

Lord of the Netherworld _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2005 02:28 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MistressPookyChan
    Your first step would be to clean up the image. That would include making it clearer, working on the extraction (the edges, to make sure they are clean and smooth), and so on.

I would have to disagree with DD about the color issue. I think it is perfectly fine to have neutral or blending colors. Very soothing on the eyes if done well.
    Well, for it to look nice, it needs good colors. I didn't mean it like "you need lots of contrast to make it look nice". I just said that if you have weak contrast with wrong colors it looks awful! I know because I've tried it already ^^;;
    Of course you can make pretty good stuff without too much contrast, but you need the right colors, or else it will look plain and boring.

Digital Plague Kilawher Shazarade has a reputation beyond repute Kilawher Shazarade has a reputation beyond repute Kilawher Shazarade has a reputation beyond repute Kilawher Shazarade has a reputation beyond repute Kilawher Shazarade has a reputation beyond repute Kilawher Shazarade has a reputation beyond repute Kilawher Shazarade has a reputation beyond repute Kilawher Shazarade has a reputation beyond repute Kilawher Shazarade has a reputation beyond repute Kilawher Shazarade has a reputation beyond repute Kilawher Shazarade has a reputation beyond repute Kilawher Shazarade's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-14-2007 04:24 AM
    Threads

Ahahah, I love it. Great, funny scene from FLCL. Good job. :3

Senior Member escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2009 07:58 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Well the wallpaper is not bad for a first..I mean my first was nothing compare to what I do now..lol It was a horrible collage..anyways on to your wallpaper.

1. If you can't find a good quality image of what you got now, you can reCG it.

2. Make the character stand out (one character) so you will have a focus image. Could use burn tool to make it darker (if you're using photoshop).

3. A suggestion to make the bg a bit interesting is to have some sun rays?
    A smokey ground? that he's falling or flying above it?...

Anyways you have a good start. ^^

Closed Thread

Thread Information