AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best ending ever (film, anime, book whatever)

Senior Member noir is on a distinguished road noir's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2005 09:03 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Best ending ever (film, anime, book whatever)

What in your opinion is the best ending to any film or series or book ever. I have no idea however i do think the ending to LEON was amazing!
    Enjoy - I want to laugh - My site

Family :
    Beautiful wife - Shinkono Kokoro
    Apprentice - Leo Seta
    Best friends - Liltokyo and the enigmatic ____

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:24 AM
    Threads

The Best ending ever is the ending of "The Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy"

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

Senior Member Mecha-Griever is on a distinguished road Mecha-Griever's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2004 02:05 PM
    Threads

I'm inclined to agree with Nokizaru on that one. I read that book when I was 11 and that ending still gets me going even now.

Although I'll probably go for the ending of 'The Usual Suspects' because of the direction and the wonderful Kevin Spacey's "And like that......... He's gone........" which I love to steal for my own devices as often as I possibly can.

M~G

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

oooo speaking of kevin spacey the ending to K-PAX is pretty damned cool. In fact the whole film is pretty ace

Family :
    Apprentice - Leo Seta

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yes, it was not too bad. I thought it was worth it for the ending anyway.

Ohhhh..... My favourite ending of all time has to be the 'King of New York' with Christopher Walken.. Good God it gets no better than that....

M~G

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Go for one of each... XD

Anime- I love-love my Violinist of Hameln ending...it needs no changing.
    Movie- Gallipoli, for perhaps the most shocking of endings. Better yet, jarring.
    Book- This is hard, as I've read so much @.@ Er...maybe The Executioner's Song, as it was an ending I was expecting 400ish pages before, but made memorable all the same..

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh, I totally agree with you on the Exectutioner's Song, and Gallipoli had a great ending too, although I considered therapy following that ending... Not as much as I needed it for the ending of Requiem for A Dream though... God... That was freaky...

M~G

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Oh I have forgotten that one o.o Perhaps because it WAS so painful.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah, but expertly put together by the insane Aronofsky none-the-less... What with the amputation, the shock therapy, the sex show and the........ Janitorial labor..... It was pretty painful..

M~G

Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Listening to that most couldn't imagine that could make for a well-done ending. Heck, a well-done film.

Goes to show just how genius it was.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I agree very much. Its one of those films they should show to kids really. That would make sure they never even think of taking drugs. Hell, Jared Leto's arm alone is justification...

Sadly I never saw Pi by Aronofsky.

M~G

Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Neither have I. Sounds excellent, however.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It does, if Requiem for A Dream is anything to go by.

But back to topic, did anyone think the ending of Memento was possibly the worst thing about what was otherwise an exceptional film?

M~G

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ive never seen any of this. However i do believe animes usually have terrible endings in the fact that there usually pure evil and fail to tie up ne loose ends wot so ever and usually create more. I give nadesico as one MAJOR example.

Family :
    Apprentice - Leo Seta

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yeah Nadesico's ending just didin't suit the series at all..

Hellsing had a wonderful ending though. With Alucard's final little proposition at the end being the highlight. Ahhh the ambiguity...

M~G

Biiiingo! Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi's Avatar
    Gil
    Studly
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Octopus Bobba Fett
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2015 08:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Little Nemo - Great ending. I liked the song too.
    Spirited Away - Not many gave this a chance.
    Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon - Best movie ever!

Make your voice heard! Vote Kyo for Trash Bin Moderator.

Senior Member Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2017 11:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nokizaru
    The Best ending ever is the ending of "The Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy"
    Are you nuts? That was the absolute worst ending ever. And the title of the book (fifth in the series) was "Mostly Harmless".

I saw "Red Planet" the other day, and it had a pretty good ending. Those little nematodes were pretty cool.

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I think you'd have to understand the utterly pointless, unlikely and absurd humor of the rest of the book to be able to think it funny :3

And if you liked the rest of the book but not the ending... Then you're just plain not right -.0..

Maybe something in the center or left. Hand me the rap-rod, Plate Captain.

Senior Member Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The ending kind of made sense, and I did like it in an "off-the-wall-what-the-hell-it's-all-good-anyways" sense, but it was still a bad ending. It was just... sucky. And yes, I liked the rest of the book(s), but then they didn't destroy Earth, now did they? (at least not for good...)

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

How could you not like the way it ended?!? I used to have a leather bound edition...but sadly it was lost in one of my many moves....

That was one of my most favourite series...
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It was a bad ending. The earth was destroyed and everyone died. Very anticlimatic. End of discussion.

Digital Plague Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2008 02:47 PM
    Threads

Anime - Spirited Away
    Movie- Lord of the Ring
    book- Undecided

Forever angel floating on a cloud

Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by rick_forrest
    It was a bad ending. The earth was destroyed and everyone died. Very anticlimatic. End of discussion.
    So're the Ancient Nordic Sagas too. They r0xx0rz :3

Senior Member Princess Mononoke has a reputation beyond repute Princess Mononoke has a reputation beyond repute Princess Mononoke has a reputation beyond repute Princess Mononoke has a reputation beyond repute Princess Mononoke has a reputation beyond repute Princess Mononoke has a reputation beyond repute Princess Mononoke has a reputation beyond repute Princess Mononoke has a reputation beyond repute Princess Mononoke has a reputation beyond repute Princess Mononoke has a reputation beyond repute Princess Mononoke has a reputation beyond repute Princess Mononoke's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-31-2008 10:24 AM
    Threads

well i can predict the the 7th harry potter book will have my vote for best ending

and of course jackson did an awesome job with rotk ending.
    [marquee]Miscellaneous Forum Moderator : Member since June 2002 : Proud Hufflepuff : : http://www.moveon.org Vote Democrat! : :If I'm not here I'm playing Lineage II! Look me up on Hindemith Server- Jesslynn : [/marquee]

#1 Pilot amuro1 is infamous around these parts amuro1 is infamous around these parts amuro1 is infamous around these parts amuro1 is infamous around these parts amuro1 is infamous around these parts amuro1 is infamous around these parts amuro1 is infamous around these parts amuro1 is infamous around these parts amuro1 is infamous around these parts amuro1 is infamous around these parts amuro1 is infamous around these parts amuro1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2006 11:45 AM
    Threads

ending to Samurai X: reflections was coolest ending i've ever seen...it was tragic how the legendary hitokiri died from a disease rather than the battlefield.

Closed Thread

Thread Information