AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you care that sailors uranus and Neptune are lesbians?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way! who cares

20 95.24%
  • Yeah! that isn't good

2 9.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Sailor Moon- what is up with...

Little Goth Girl kitsuna is an unknown quantity at this point kitsuna's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2005 09:55 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

neptune is better, your right who cares

~Kitsuna~
    I hate you all.
    "I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I pretend to be."
    I scare people.

The Death of You Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2009 11:16 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ancientsilence
    Actually, there's a lot of cases where the manga is based on the anime (Fruits Basket is one). And there were only 200 original SM episodes. Besides the Stars season, there were six full episodes cut out of the first two seasons, and like mentioned before, episodes 45 and 46 were chopped up and made into one episode, making for a total of seven (?) episodes taken from the first two seasons.
    To my knowledge, Fruits Basket the manga is not based on the anime. The manga came first, and the anime was created before the manga finished, which is why the ending is..well...not an ending.

Sailor Moon came out in manga format well before it was made into an anime. The anime is pretty much just loosely based on the manga...

If you want to use an example of the RARE instance of an anime coming before a manga (because, really, anime is usually just used as a way of promoting an already existing manga...), then use Slayers. It was a collection of novels (actual novels, not graphic ones, kids), then was made into an anime, and eventually a manga.

--
    Goes by: Death, Tod, or Shi

fan of j-rap Chouji has a brilliant future Chouji has a brilliant future Chouji has a brilliant future Chouji has a brilliant future Chouji has a brilliant future Chouji has a brilliant future Chouji has a brilliant future Chouji has a brilliant future Chouji has a brilliant future Chouji has a brilliant future Chouji has a brilliant future Chouji's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2006 02:13 PM
    in twilight town with pence,hayner,olette and roxas
    Threads

it should not matter

Senior Member animeadmirer is on a distinguished road animeadmirer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2006 03:49 AM
    San Jose of California, where everything is overpriced.
    Threads

That ain't bad. Is such love beautiful? Whatever. Not my business. But the Sailorstar senshi kinda give me shivers. They kinda remind me of transgenders for some strange reason.
    All great figures are shrouded with ambiguity! Look how they fear the Devil and revere God! With mystery comes colossal power! -- Suzuka (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Eliminate the imposibles, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. -- Kudo Shinichi (Detective Conan)

cutest thing you ever saw 8 yr old rin will become famous soon enough 8 yr old rin's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-20-2005 06:05 PM
    Threads

Thumbs down

Really why treat one like they're a monster if their gay? really Americans take things like that in to much talk..they treat people bad like that (It's like how they treat Hiei and Kurama and some times even yusuke!!)
    Last edited by 8 yr old rin; 03-29-2005 at 08:55 PM.

The Unknown ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2007 10:12 PM
    somewhere between heaven, hell, and all that's inbetween
    Threads

Sorry, Die Tod von Euch. The description at Tokyopop.com claims the anime came first. And sorry if you misunderstood, but I didn't say that the anime came before the manga in Sailor Moon's case. I knew the manga came first. And back to subject. Personally, I have no problem with the two of them. Why the heck should people try to stop love?

The Death of You Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sorry to get off the main subject with this little side one, but... I assume you're talking about Furuba in that post? Ok then...

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyopop.com
    Fruits Basket, the manga, is the basis for the smash-hit runaway anime show of the same name. It is most eagerly-awaited manga series - as voted on by thousands of fans visiting the TOKYOPOP website - in many, many years.
    (text made bold by me for emphasis)

That means that the manga came first, and the anime was BASED OFF OF IT. Sorry, dear, but it seems you did misunderstand. It's ok. Happens all the time to everyone.

--

The Unknown ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Die Tod von Euch
    Sorry to get off the main subject with this little side one, but... I assume you're talking about Furuba in that post? Ok then...
    *blink, blink* Furuba? I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Furuba is a term used for Fruits Basket...

--

Member akuma=unmei is on a distinguished road akuma=unmei's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2005 09:31 PM
    i'm here, where your not and that makes me happy ^_^
    Threads

there is one thing i totally do not get.....y do ppl have problems wit ppl being homosexual? it shouldn't matter! it's their life and if they wanna b gay, then that's their dicision.
    Alrite! Which One Of You Put Bacon In The Soap! ><, Oh Wise Guy Huh! Would Someone Just Shoot Him Already!

-[ αĸuмα-cнαи ]

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Innocent
    Gifts Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb Be Mine
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2015 11:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KagomeHime PSN ID: KagomeMiko

People are predjuduce and afraid of things that are different.

私達は選択の自由を信じる.
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Member akuma=unmei is on a distinguished road akuma=unmei's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2005 09:31 PM
    i'm here, where your not and that makes me happy ^_^
    Threads

i guess that makes sense it just makes me so mad >.<
    Alrite! Which One Of You Put Bacon In The Soap! ><, Oh Wise Guy Huh! Would Someone Just Shoot Him Already!

-[ αĸuмα-cнαи ]

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks, Die Tod von Euch. akuma=unmei, I've heard there's something in the bible about homosexuals being damned or evil or some other such thing, so some people believe it interferes with their religion.

Moderator/Chat Admin Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Batteries 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 05:10 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leyzee PSN ID: Leyzeee Steam ID: Leyzee

I dont care about them being lovers... People should let them be >< .. its not like if you complain to Naoko Takeuchi, she'll change em... ^^;

Signature brought to you by Balance.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2014 06:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

True that. In fact, I think I recall reading something about how displeased she was that the anime played down their relationship. I mean, they don't hide it, but they certainly don't show them grabbing each other or kissing =/

Shame.

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Innocent
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well, that's what she gets for selling the rights to the anime companies. After she did that-she had no say whatsoever in what they did to or with the characters. It is a shame...Because that also means she has NO say in what the English Dub companies did to it either. So basically, her original story was screwed over either way.

Happens with all manga that go anime.

...Clear...

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Well, sure. I don't think that means she has to pretend to like it ;p I mean, I would be against her complaining to the companies, because they have rights, but as a writer myself, I can understand the sting of having your characters completely reworked.

Gil
    Innocent
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Oh-! Well, I wasn't saying she did have to like it! lol. I agree with you that she probably really doesn't. I know I wouldn't like it at all if someone went and took my work and dumbed it down for the general public. I don't think anyone would.

...Clear...

Electric Lady ~World of Elegance~ has a reputation beyond repute ~World of Elegance~ has a reputation beyond repute ~World of Elegance~ has a reputation beyond repute ~World of Elegance~ has a reputation beyond repute ~World of Elegance~ has a reputation beyond repute ~World of Elegance~ has a reputation beyond repute ~World of Elegance~ has a reputation beyond repute ~World of Elegance~ has a reputation beyond repute ~World of Elegance~ has a reputation beyond repute ~World of Elegance~ has a reputation beyond repute ~World of Elegance~ has a reputation beyond repute ~World of Elegance~'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2014 09:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xWoEx

i don't care that they are lesbians,as long as its not my fave scouts

+++
    the magnificent droid

Senior Member ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR's Avatar
    Stuck
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2015 10:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

there are sailor stars
    i knew about the leisbains neptune and uranus
    but about sailor stars
    when did they come on tv.
    I am no more a rose than I am its thorns.
    No more a gentle breeze than I am the hailing storm.
    I am no more hated than I am loved.
    And I am no more heartfilled than I am heartless.
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by blackwick
    when did they come on tv.
    Unless you speak Japanese, you'll probably have to look for a fan-subtitled version. I can only speak for the states, but it wasn't brought over and subtitled/dubbed like the other seasons.

Rina'z Plague is back!! animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2008 11:28 AM
    Threads

i still dont agree with them being lesbians..im not a fan of yuri..

^I'm a cold vanilla milkshake with poison in it.^
    ^Please take a sip.^

can you make me a siggy and avvy set?
    im collecting. pm me if you can.
    thanks!

--my collection--

Gil
    Innocent
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by animeseishi
    i still dont agree with them being lesbians..im not a fan of yuri..
    [I don't allow direct stabs such as that at others for their opinions.] If they weren't originally lesbians I'd see why you'd be adverse to the yuri, but since they were always that way...Well, I guess you should never go to Japan then.
    Last edited by Fabala; 04-15-2005 at 09:10 AM.

...Clear...

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That's great, animeseishi. You can not agree with it all you want, but that doesn't change how it is. Just don't watch it, or watch the edited dub where they are cousins. No one is forcing you to watch the original, dear.

And yeah, Blackwick... It's HIGHLY unlikely that they're going to bring Stars over here... I dunno... Something about men who transform into females that I just don't think will quite fly in the States for a cartoon targeted towards kiddies...

Oddly enough, though, the manga for Stars was released here years ago. So, if nothing else, you can read that.... Isn't quite the same, but it's...um...similar.

--

Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I wonder if that doesn't have something to do with the Starlights never changing gender in the manga ^^;;;

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information