AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you care that sailors uranus and Neptune are lesbians?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way! who cares

20 95.24%
  • Yeah! that isn't good

2 9.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Sailor Moon- what is up with...

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2010 04:42 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Highland, CA (since nobody knows where that is)
    Threads

I hate editing. Whenever I see a lesbian relationship, I usually chalk it up to my imagination, but it is good to know I was correct about at least this one

Loveless ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2007 02:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I want one! T-T

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by GundamRulz
    I hate editing. Whenever I see a lesbian relationship, I usually chalk it up to my imagination, but it is good to know I was correct about at least this one
    heh*smiles* I agree I enjoy the way Sailor Neptune and Uranus's relationship in Japan is going (that is the anime in Japan of caurse) Sailor moon used to be my fav show but now I like Inuyasha a lot more....*smiles*
    :l: Love :l: Passion :l: Desire :l:
    L O V E L E S S
    - Sometimes Gender doesn't matter.... -

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I think everyone knows that darling

Senior Member Innotech has a spectacular aura about Innotech has a spectacular aura about Innotech's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-08-2006 08:09 PM
    Threads

Im against gay marriage itself, but not against gay or lesbians in general. Actually, like most guys do , I tend to percieve lesbianism as a beautiful thing
    the relationship itself is fine, but my support for those relationships ends at marriage. In any case, Haruka and Michiru ARE indeed lesbians and if youve watched hte final few episodes of SAilor Moon Sailor stars you would certainly see htis. Its actually a rather beautiful, sad, and touching scene, and it goes to show that SM isnt just a childrens show as its percieved. It has some very emotional drama and scenes of horrific and tragic events. Definitely made for a variety of audiences.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I figured as much from the beginning. No show is continuously goofy the whole time. I don't how ANYONE can be against gays. People's life decisions are their own business. It is strange tho that most guys are fine with lesbianism and against two men.

Loveless ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Innotech
    Im against gay marriage itself, but not against gay or lesbians in general. Actually, like most guys do , I tend to percieve lesbianism as a beautiful thing
    the relationship itself is fine, but my support for those relationships ends at marriage. In any case, Haruka and Michiru ARE indeed lesbians and if youve watched hte final few episodes of SAilor Moon Sailor stars you would certainly see htis. Its actually a rather beautiful, sad, and touching scene, and it goes to show that SM isnt just a childrens show as its percieved. It has some very emotional drama and scenes of horrific and tragic events. Definitely made for a variety of audiences.
    I would like to ask u why u are against gays getting married...and if u say its agains your religion.....then ur wrong b/c there are religions who are all for it.....and marriage is the union of two people who are in love..why must you say you are against it.....who cares what other people do......u should mind ur own buisness and leave people be who they are and do what they do...it would be better for everone if people or shall I say America realized that.......*sighs*
    L O V E L E S S

Senior Member Innotech has a spectacular aura about Innotech has a spectacular aura about Innotech's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sango_Tatsu
    I would like to ask u why u are against gays getting married...and if u say its agains your religion.....then ur wrong b/c there are religions who are all for it.....and marriage is the union of two people who are in love..why must you say you are against it.....who cares what other people do......u should mind ur own buisness and leave people be who they are and do what they do...it would be better for everone if people or shall I say America realized that.......*sighs*
    Im not against civil unions, which is the same as marriage. However I htink the term marriage itself is only between man and woman. Civil unions allow two homosexual people to stay together and recieve benefits. Thats is fine, just dont actually call it "marriage" because it isnt.

look Ill say it this way, the term "marriage" is religious and in accordance with keeping church and state matters separate, should not be tampered with. It is a man and woman only thing. however, what the govt recognizes as "marriage" is a civil union, not marriage. Civil unions are govt subsidied tax breaks etc and they can apply to both straight and gay couples. htat much I agree with, but as for redefining the holy sacrament of marriage, NO.
    Last edited by Innotech; 11-13-2004 at 07:54 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't think the term matters. The idea is what is important. If they want to call it marriage, that is fine, if they want to call it a civil union, thats fine too. I jus think most people think marriage is easier to say, as civil union sounds too sterile.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't think the term matters. The idea is what is important. If they want to call it marriage, that is fine, if they want to call it a civil union, thats fine too. I jus think most people think marriage is easier to say, as civil union sounds too sterile.
    I can understand that, but while civil unions should be legal, calling it marriage infringes on religion, and so while it might be easier to call it that, the Church will not allow it to be defined as that. Marriage is exclusive to man and woman as defined by God, but civil union is the govt subsidy that applies to BOTH hetero and homosexual couples and is not tied to religion.
    Now something I dont really like is how states try to ban ALL civil unions of gay couples. not calling it marriage is ok with me, but banning them outright from any sort of benefit is what is really wrong. Still, I voted Bush and I have no shame in doing so.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Not to turn this into a political discussion, but I think Bush is a total creton. He will have caused insurmountable problems in this country by the next election. I for one am looking for opportunities to move abroad.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Cool

I can understand that, but while civil unions should be legal, calling it marriage infringes on religion, and so while it might be easier to call it that, the Church will not allow it to be defined as that. Marriage is exclusive to man and woman as defined by God, but civil union is the govt subsidy that applies to BOTH hetero and homosexual couples and is not tied to religion.
    Now something I dont really like is how states try to ban ALL civil unions of gay couples. not calling it marriage is ok with me, but banning them outright from any sort of benefit is what is really wrong. Still, I voted Bush and I have no shame in doing so.
    Like I said before what about religions that believe in gay marriage?
    L O V E L E S S

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Those religions are not Christianity tho and apparently to some people that makes the difference.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Like I said before what about religions that believe in gay marriage?
    This is about the Christian view of marriage, since America is composed of a majority of Christians over any other religion. If it was a different country with different relgious majority favorihng Gay marriage, then it would be different.
    As it stands, calling a gay civil union a marriage would offend several tens of millions of people wo are Christian. The govt has the respionsibility of staying out of religios affairs if possible, so it will accept gay civil unions but not gay MARRIAGE. Its a technicality and I think people should just live with it being called civil union as defined by govt and leave the Christianity out of it.
    Its not like Christians hate gay people,. they just want to keep their sacrament of marriage sacred to man and woman only. what the govt does with civil unions is its business. THere has to be a distinction htere, not a blurred line. Its clearly religion versus state.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I would actually be interested to see a poll detainling how many Christians in America would be offended by that.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

look Im 22 years old. Idont hate people because of what they are, but all the same I respect my own religion and if Republicans, or Democrats or anyone denounces or defiles any part of it, I get rather upset, and so do millions of others. Its very hard to run a country or make decisions for it when opinions are so diverse. One side or another is oging to have to deal with not getting ther way and in htis case its the minority gay community. I have friends who are gay, and the majority of them understand my position and respect it. MY aunt is gay also. I have no problem being friends with gay people.
    What I do have a problem with is people wanting to use Christian values like marriage, and turn it into the govt term of civil union when they are both completely different institutions.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

This is about the Christian view of marriage, since America is composed of a majority of Christians over any other religion. If it was a different country with different relgious majority favorihng Gay marriage, then it would be different.
    As it stands, calling a gay civil union a marriage would offend several tens of millions of people wo are Christian. The govt has the respionsibility of staying out of religios affairs if possible, so it will accept gay civil unions but not gay MARRIAGE. Its a technicality and I think people should just live with it being called civil union as defined by govt and leave the Christianity out of it.
    Its not like Christians hate gay people,. they just want to keep their sacrament of marriage sacred to man and woman only. what the govt does with civil unions is its business. THere has to be a distinction htere, not a blurred line. Its clearly religion versus state.
    Let me just tell u I am Christian I go to Faith Outreach Assembly of God...in Marrietta PA and I dont have the same view as u do.......I am Pennycostle
    L O V E L E S S

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I would actually be interested to see a poll detainling how many Christians in America would be offended by that.
    The fact that 11 states voted against it this election plus 6 others previously is quite a few people I''d say. If it were more popular it would not be voted down so easily.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

People can have their opinions about things. I am not in a good position to talk about this, coz I am not religious at all. I apologize if I upset anyone, I will consider my opinions stated, but I will back up Suzanne if I think she needs it

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Let me just tell u I am Christian I go to Faith Outreach Assembly of God...in Marrietta PA and I dont have the same view as u do.......I am Pennycostle
    Pentacostal. and thats fine, you have your opinion and I have mine, and hte american people have their own.

People can have their opinions about things. I am not in a good position to talk about this, coz I am not religious at all. I apologize if I upset anyone, I will consider my opinions stated, but I will back up Suzanne if I think she needs it
    Dont worry, Im not going to attack or anything, I just stated my opinion on the matter as this thread asked.
    Last edited by Fabala; 11-14-2004 at 09:33 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Cool

The fact that 11 states voted against it this election plus 6 others previously is quite a few people I''d say. If it were more popular it would not be voted down so easily.
    Ok just b/c the majority of America doesnt want gays to get married does that mean they shouldnt be who they are..... and I know your not saying they cant be together but denying them freedom to get married is basically saying you cant do this because the majority of america is against you I mean come on.....if the majority of America told u to kill yourself would u?.....or if the majority of America told u to marry the same sex would you? the point of those ? is who gives what other people think let people be who they are..even if they are not christian.....let them go.....isnt America about freedom of choice....and where does it say in the constitution that christianity is allowed to come between church and state.......I am just stating the facts........I hope u understand.....oh and I also will back up David in anything he says also *hugs David*
    Last edited by ♥Ritsuka♥; 11-13-2004 at 09:12 PM.
    L O V E L E S S

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ok just b/c the majority of America doesnt want gays to get married does that mean they shouldng be who they are.....if the majority of America told u to kill yourself would u?.....or if the majority of America told u to marry the same sex would you? the point of those ? is who gives what other people let people be who they are..even if they are not christian.....let them go.....isnt America about freedom of choice....and where does it say in the constitution that christianity is allowed to come between church and state.......I am just stating the facts........I hope u understand.....oh and I also will back up David in anything he says also *hugs David*
    Youre not getting what I am trying to say. what I am saying is the govt DOES ALLOW in some cases gays to be unified. It allows for CIVIL UNIONS. that is the govts power and it allows exactly what you are saying, Gays to be together as they freely want to be and recieve benefits. HOWEVER, the issue is when the CHristian definiton of marriage itself comes in. A civil union is NOT a marriage. That is directly violating a religion and not permissible by the constitution. They can be together, they just cant call it a "marriage" its simple. No ones rights are being infringed here.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Exclamation

Youre not getting what I am trying to say. what I am saying is the govt DOES ALLOW in some cases gays to be unified. It allows for CIVIL UNIONS. that is the govts power and it allows exactly what you are saying, Gays to be together as they freely want to be and recieve benefits. HOWEVER, the issue is when the CHristian definiton of marriage itself comes in. A civil union is NOT a marriage. That is directly violating a religion and not permissible by the constitution. They can be together, they just cant call it a "marriage" its simple. No ones rights are being infringed here.
    Ok I understand what you are saying now...I am so very sorry for the confusion....*sighs*

*looks at David* heh......... *blushes*
    (these smiley faces are just so cute)
    L O V E L E S S

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ok I understand what you are saying now...I am so very sorry for the confusion....*sighs*

*looks at David* heh......... *blushes*
    (these smiley faces are just so cute)
    thats alright. I just wanted to sort of explain the reasons why people are against the usage of the word "marriage" as opposed to civil union. thats really the defining issue here, not that gays arent allowed to be together but that they just cant actually call it marriage because of that words religious implications and strict definiton as man and woman. It would be more creative to come up with a NEW name for it actually ^^
    And I appreciate your maturity regarding this discussion in not calling names or the other things some people will do in debates. (Im guilty of it sometimes when I get particularly passionate)

[I appreciate it too ^_~ Which is why this can be left alone -Reiako]
    Last edited by Fabala; 11-14-2004 at 09:36 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

thats alright. I just wanted to sort of explain the reasons why people are against the usage of the word "marriage" as opposed to civil union. thats really the defining issue here, not that gays arent allowed to be together but that they just cant actually call it marriage because of that words religious implications and strict definiton as man and woman. It would be more creative to come up with a NEW name for it actually ^^
    And I appreciate your maturity regarding this discussion in not calling names or the other things some people will do in debates. (Im guilty of it sometimes when I get particularly passionate)
    oh sure no problem dont worry about it.....*smiles*
    L O V E L E S S

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm glad you two kids could get on the same page.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information