AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Naruto: not licenced in USA?

Star-gazer Vetus is an unknown quantity at this point Vetus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2005 06:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Naruto: not licenced in USA?

That's the most weird I learned recently: Naruto is one of the most popular manga ever, a lot of people have downloaded the fansub, and lot of people would like to see it on TV or licenced DVD to rent it. So, why hasn't it licenced to USA yet? It's kinda mysterious...

Dreams can be when you're asleep, or when you're daydreaming, or chasing after something you want. There's nothing about them being fragile or about to disappear.

The Death of You Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2009 10:16 AM
    Threads

It may already be licenced in the US, just not released. Don't worry...give it a little time... It's a major cash cow, so of course it'll be picked up. I'm willing to bet FunImation gets it...

--
    Goes by: Death, Tod, or Shi

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:12 AM
    Threads

I've seen some of the officialy translated manga. Horrible, they changed the text, and names of the attacks (kage bunshin no jutsu was called 'art of the doppelganger *shudders*). I think I'll be reading the fantranslations for now.
    RPG bios (click for more info):

4. Dislikes jlaking disliked this post
    Member Nami-san is an unknown quantity at this point Nami-san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2005 07:15 PM
    Threads

I hoping it comes here, I've been watching it for soooooo long. I tomorrow i'm gonna download the 104th episode of it. I'm just hoping 4kids dont get it!!!! my god. Their plan is to change into a dance thing with salsa and all sorts of things. God make it doesnt happen X.x i'll drop dead.

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

Is it just me or is the most annoying thing in anime people who license something and then take beyond forever just to release it. And its worse being in Australia because half the stuff I want has yet to be licensed in Australia >.<

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Damn! Why do they change so much the original product and make it worse? (the answer is well-known to all of us, I think...)

Dreams can be when you're asleep, or when you're daydreaming, or chasing after something you want. There's nothing about them being fragile or about to disappear.

Digital Plague Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2008 02:47 PM
    Threads

I'm not sure i haven't heard about it.

Forever angel floating on a cloud

Junior Member LastRogue is an unknown quantity at this point LastRogue's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-16-2004 04:28 PM
    Threads

I hope Naruto never gets licensed in America. English dubbing by the companies sucks terribly in th US. They always tend to leave out alot of things in the origonal Japanese versions. and the dialog in the Fansubs are far better.

10. Dislikes jlaking disliked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeap! Original japanese voiceover rules. The worst american voiceover I 've ever heard was on Pokemon: Brock sounds like a junior robot, Misty like a taliking doll and Ash like a 7-years old boy. Even the greek one was better! Btw, the worst greek one was on Dragonball Z and Runouni Kenshin TV. I guess we have to talk more about awful voiceovers on another thread, cause we'll be off topic...

12. Dislikes jlaking disliked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default I'm waiting for answers...

Let's get back to the topic now:
    does anyone from you know the reasons (at least, the possible ones) that Naruto is not licensed yet to the USA?

Freakishly Annoying Shadowstarr is a jewel in the rough Shadowstarr is a jewel in the rough Shadowstarr is a jewel in the rough Shadowstarr is a jewel in the rough Shadowstarr's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2005 10:16 PM
    Threads

well i heard the ppl on narutofan saying that it's not licsensed...
    aint that sad???

Senior Member roxybudgy will become famous soon enough roxybudgy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-14-2005 06:20 PM
    Threads

Well maybe it is licenced but not release? I don't download Naruto, I watch it off XingKongWeiShi.

So if anyone in the Asia-Pacific region can understand Chinese, the Naruto is on XingKong at 6:00pm, 8:00am and 1:00am. All you need is a satelite.

Naruto came out recently-ish right? So perhaps they are still in negotiations about it's licencing?
    The only thing I love more than anime and manga is... budgerigars!

16. Dislikes jlaking disliked this post
    The Honorable Reaper WhiteReaper has a spectacular aura about WhiteReaper has a spectacular aura about WhiteReaper's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2006 12:00 AM
    Threads

The big reason that Naruto remains unlicensed is that EVERY dubbing company is trying to get a hold of it! Let us not forget that each episode is going to cost a lot of money to get a hold of from Japan.!

Closed Thread

Thread Information