AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Favourite Decade in Anime

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Favourite Decade in Anime

Okay so we have favourite anime, seiyuu, bishounen, bishoujo, mascot, attack, apparel etc...

But what about favourite decade of anime. It seems that each decade has had not only its own breakthroughs, but unique style, perceptions etc that reflect that time period.

It's important to look beyond "Oh my favourite anime was made then so I guess that decade is my favourite" sort of mindset. Each decade has had its own unique style, and you may be surprised how your tastes work.

(An incentive by SGI for fans to look at older or more recent anime and explore a bit and Co)
    If I miss a significant decade please tell me.

Examples of Significant Anime from Each Decade:
    70's: Rose of Versallis, Gundam
    80's: Kimagure Orange Road, Aura Battler Dunbine, Marmalade Boy
    90's: Evangelion, Ruroni Kenshin, Lain
    00's: RahXephon, Full Metal Alchemist, Inuyasha

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Can't say that I'm not fond of the older ones, back when the animation wasn't everything and the storylines were. There may be some overlapping of decades, though.

Senior Member XxJBxX has a little shameless behaviour in the past XxJBxX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2004 12:17 AM
    Threads

hmmmm it all depends on the story line to me.

Star-gazer Vetus is an unknown quantity at this point Vetus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2005 06:09 PM
    Threads

That's a kinda difficult question for me; altought I belong to 80's generation (I'm 21 years old), every decade has its magic. E.x. I love Urusei Yatsura from 70's, Ninja Boy - Kabamaru Igano from 80's, Tenchi Muyo from 90's and Inuyasha from 00's.

Dreams can be when you're asleep, or when you're daydreaming, or chasing after something you want. There's nothing about them being fragile or about to disappear.

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

Mine would have to be the current decade, they seems to be vringing out more titles now, and the variety to chose from is growing, but you still have to appreciate the old decades since they were the ones who paved the path for all these new ones evryone likes and loves, the greats that made all this possable such as ghost in the shell and akira two titles that anyone who if an anime fan would know, if you dont know them then your not fit to be an anime fan! the two that revolutionized the genre, im starting to bable but you get the picture!
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

thats all good'n'all but theres a j-pop/rock section for this stuff, sorry but this is unrelated to the topic at hand.

Senior Member Kenshin_chan Kenshin_chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2004 11:02 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I'm kind of partial to the super robots of the 70's because they are the ones that started me on to anime. And I really enjoyed hearing those pilots shouting out their attacks.
    :under construction:

Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

you mean like, what was it called 'battle of the planets' and ..... argh i forgot the names!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I was thinking more of like Mazinger Z, UFO Grendizer, Daimos and the likes.

Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

mazinger is one, hey they re-released a modern one now havnt they?

Digital Plague Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2008 02:47 PM
    Threads

I guess the current decade since i'm starting to see different animes that are on t.v or DvD.

Forever angel floating on a cloud

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Death
    mazinger is one, hey they re-released a modern one now havnt they?
    Yup, that's Mazinkaiser and he can really kick butt better than Mazinger Z ever did.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I want to have whatever it is you're smoking...

Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A TRIPLE POST omg omg omg!!! lol. Me too xD, maybe he had some lsd or mushrooms ^^

Nazura, ok then what anime do you like then?

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-1969 07:00 PM
    Threads

I like any kind I'm only 13 going on 14 but my older sis loved anime and use to make me watch it with her.So I know more about old animes like G Gundam and the other Gundam series and the Tenchi Muyo series than most kids my age do.Although I like the more recent ones like Naruto and Inuyasha more than some of the old ones like Tenshi Muyo, but one of my all time favorite animes is Ruroni Kenshin.

♥ Red Haired Boy jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2008 06:02 PM
    Threads

I like the newer anime. I know the older ones are classics and there may be some good ones out there but I think they are gay....I'm sorry.
    ~I'll never wish on another star again~

Just another crazy girl...
    hungry for your
    hot love

The Janitor Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2011 10:55 AM
    Threads

I say the 90's there is a lot of good animes in the decade.

Closed Thread

Thread Information