AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Hearts Covenant Overlooked

Member White Haru will become famous soon enough White Haru will become famous soon enough White Haru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2007 11:35 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Shadow Hearts Covenant Overlooked

I just want to say Shadow Hearts Covenant is good RPG and has a interesting battle system. And just like the first part it is also overlooked. I went to the Gamestop nearby and purchased a copy of Shadow Hearts Covenant that I had reserved 2 weeks in advance. To my surprise I was the only who had reserved it there! Am I the only person out there who still likes the Shadow Hearts storyline or is there someone else who likes Shadow Hearts Covenant? If you got anything to say good or bad about Shadow Hearts Covenant I would like to hear it.

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

i am a big fan of shadow hearts also but sadly covenant isnt out here yet, and i practically know nothing of coventant, not even the story line so could you enlighten me and etc...
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Senior Member The Black Swordsman Guts is an unknown quantity at this point The Black Swordsman Guts's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-13-2005 10:14 PM
    Threads

I didnt overlook Shadow Hearts: Covenant I have the first one and like it. Judging by the trailers for Covenant it looks even better than the first one. The only reason i didnt reserve it is because money and whenever I get money games I want more are come out. Tekken 5 is a game I want more Halo 2 I want that more. Now i found out that Kessen III is coming out so once I get money I'm gonna reserve that. If i were to buy a rpg i would but Shadow Hearts: Covenant I will even choose it over FFXII.

The Moonlight Lady Suzuna is a name known to all Suzuna is a name known to all Suzuna is a name known to all Suzuna is a name known to all Suzuna is a name known to all Suzuna is a name known to all Suzuna's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-23-2007 05:55 AM
    Threads

I really want Covenant too. I put off beating Shadow Hearts forever, then when I saw the site for the second one I was like.. well, best go play now! But first I watched the trailer. And they talked about a certain person dying. And I was SO MAD! >< I didn't know!
    Suzuna - the inactive wonder!

Tied for first place in: Fall and Halloween Contest '04

Member White Haru will become famous soon enough White Haru will become famous soon enough White Haru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sorry if I spoiled the game's story too much. Covenant starts out as a woman named Karin who is a lieutenant in the German army, checks out a church with a group of soliders where a demon supposedly lives. After the cutscene, Karin helps a priest (Nicolai) to exorcise the demon but first he needs a item called Holy Mistletoe which happens to be in a tower full bad spirits. You control Karin and Nicolai until you beat the boss who is guarding the Holy Mistletoe.They take the Mistletoe to the church where the so called demon is residing. They go to the church where Yuri is and Nicolai turns out to be a bad guy. A big oaf guy named Lenny has a girl named Jeanne in his arms. Jeanne gave Yuri food and was a friend to him. Karin tries to save the Jeanne from Lenny by shooting him but Nicolai then tries to kill Karin. Yuri gets in the way but is stabbed by an item called holy mistletoe. Which guides your soul or something. And that's just the beginning. Sorry if I spoiled the game's story too much.

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks for the little spoiler xD, hey is the intro FMV still as impressive as the first games? i loved the first games intro ^^. Some more questions, does that battle system differ to the first games, any new features to the game that affects abttle and gameplay, and are there more FMV sequnces that are not like a silent black and white film?

And Suzuna, that girl who died is called Alice, but there are two endings with one where she doesnt die, and i got the one where she lives ^^

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The FMV is okay. The judgement ring battle system is still there but now there are now upgrades to judgement ring. There are items you can find to increase the area of the button you need press and you also increase your critical (strike) zone as well. The other new thing about the battle system is combos, there is also magic combos. The character who goes into combo must pick someone to do the combo with, when you do a combo you gain extra damage on your enemy. The whole team, can do a combo together. The cutscenes in the games do talk but the FMWs don't.

The Moonlight Lady Suzuna is a name known to all Suzuna is a name known to all Suzuna is a name known to all Suzuna is a name known to all Suzuna is a name known to all Suzuna is a name known to all Suzuna's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

And Suzuna, that girl who died is called Alice
    I was trying to avoid spoilers, but I guess that doesn't matter in this thread ^_^; heh. So there's an ending where she lives, huh? How do you pull off that one?

Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Suzuna
    I was trying to avoid spoilers, but I guess that doesn't matter in this thread ^_^; heh. So there's an ending where she lives, huh? How do you pull off that one?
    By saving her! You have to kill the four masks and then fight then final one before you have the dream of her fighting the masks

Member lonely_chibi is on a distinguished road lonely_chibi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2005 11:36 PM
    Threads

I didn't even know it came out all ready untill my cousin was talking about it. I really want to try it... out though I haven't beat the frist one.

Senior Member swordsman is on a distinguished road swordsman's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2007 01:46 AM
    Threads

is it posible to save hear even after you fight the mask in the dream

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah, I need to know too.. I hate leveling up so I never do, and I never let my malice get high enough to fight the masks except for one of them... *sobs*Alice, no!

Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by swordsman
    is it posible to save hear even after you fight the mask in the dream
    No, you go acn go through the process but it will all be in vain as it won't change a thing, hey and did anyone get Amon or the Speheric Radiance to fise with? They both rule xD

Biiiingo! Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi's Avatar
    Gil
    Studly
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Octopus Bobba Fett
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2015 08:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What a lot of people forget, is that there is actually a game that Shadow Hearts is a sequel to - Koudelka, I think. I had the game but it got stolen ..... its not that bad. A bit more demonic and scary than Shadow Hearts, and the gameplay is like a watered down version of Final Fantasy Tactics.

Make your voice heard! Vote Kyo for Trash Bin Moderator.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Actually, I know of Koudelka too. I just haven't got around to playing it. My sister played a bit though, and when she watched me with Shadow Hearts, she kept going on about Koudelka.. so is the Koudelka in Shadow Hearts the same one? And who did she have Halley with?

Biiiingo! Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi's Avatar
    Gil
    Studly
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yes, they are the same. As for the father, I never beat Koudelka, and I can't recall if it was discussed in the original Shadow Hearts or not. I remember reading that Koudelka was a .... not sure if I can use the word, but that she "sold her body" as a living.

Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Gokou
    What a lot of people forget, is that there is actually a game that Shadow Hearts is a sequel to - Koudelka, I think. I had the game but it got stolen ..... its not that bad. A bit more demonic and scary than Shadow Hearts, and the gameplay is like a watered down version of Final Fantasy Tactics.
    Well maybe most people but i didn't forget about Koudelka, how ever its battle system was so tacky and awkward to use i thought

Junior Member Mr. Yuri is on a distinguished road Mr. Yuri's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2005 12:20 AM
    Threads

Sry i'm alil late to the forum, but i love shadow hearts and i sadly can't find Koudelka nor can i afford it at the moment and then after Covenant i thought it was over. How many of y'all have noticed there's a new one called Shadow Hearts: From the New World which might i add is supposed to be out soon?

Junior Member Hyuuga_Neji is on a distinguished road Hyuuga_Neji's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2005 12:44 PM
    Threads

What a scary game. The animation is so freaky. >.> I get scared easily.

I hear Dante makes a cameo in that game, anyone play it all the way through and beat it, to see?

Stronger Beyond Belief Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2008 08:36 PM
    Threads

it is a really good rpg
    Sometimes The Minute You Give Up On Everything Somebody Shows Up And Cheers You Up Right Before Your Very Eyes It Happened To Me And He Knows Who He Is I Hope.

Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well some random news for Shadow Hearts fans, a few months old but ah well, Shadow Hearts III is in developement and there has been news and trailers of it released.

It is called "Shadow Hearts The Other World" and WILL NOT feature any of the old characters, hence it being in a completly different world. Battle system has been severely tweaked. Looks very promising so far.

Junior Member Mr. Yuri is on a distinguished road Mr. Yuri's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2005 12:20 AM
    Threads

Actually Black Death ur wrong i've seen a preview, if anyone's play Convenant then they know who Lenny is and yes i swear it's lenny and the chick is a hormixer and she's totally hot.

Senior Member Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ein Nineteenth PSN ID: ein_nineteenth

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Death
    Well some random news for Shadow Hearts fans, a few months old but ah well, Shadow Hearts III is in developement and there has been news and trailers of it released.

It is called "Shadow Hearts The Other World" and WILL NOT feature any of the old characters, hence it being in a completly different world. Battle system has been severely tweaked. Looks very promising so far.
    It will feature old characters. The Pink Bat will in Part 4, Roger will make a short appearance in Part 4 as well giving advice to main characters and.. Someone will make a wise crack about what Nicolai did and it will once again feature remarks made silly and hard to notice refferals to the previous ones.

Lenny = Yuri.. Just older. #_#

WARNING

POSTS BY NINETEENTH CONTAIN OFFENSIVE, DISPICIBLE, AND ABSURD CONTENT THAT IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL AND TOO AWESOME FOR ACTUAL MESSAGEBOARDS. KEEP NINETEENTH OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO NINETEENTH MAY CAUSE CANCER
    HEY LOOK I FINALLY UPDATED THIS AFTER 5 YEARS. DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY REP. YOU WERE NOT HERE WHEN DID THAT AND IT'S A LONG STORY.
    IF SWALLOWED CONTACT A MORTICIAN.

Gil
    Studly
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Just so you guys know, I saw Shadow Hearts : Covenant at Walmart for 20 dollars. I'm not sure if this was at all the Walmart's or not, but its a good deal.

Senior Member Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ein Nineteenth PSN ID: ein_nineteenth

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo x Kusanagi
    Just so you guys know, I saw Shadow Hearts : Covenant at Walmart for 20 dollars. I'm not sure if this was at all the Walmart's or not, but its a good deal.
    There's been a total price drop in the game for some reason, Shadow Hearts was formally 47 Dollars.. Shadow Hearts: Convent was 47 at the SAME time.

Now that Shadow Hearts sold out, the price dropped to the twenties for Convent. = )

It's the only time I really like single minded videogame buyers. They don't buy the games so the price drops after sometime. Hurrah for deflation.

WARNING

POSTS BY NINETEENTH CONTAIN OFFENSIVE, DISPICIBLE, AND ABSURD CONTENT THAT IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL AND TOO AWESOME FOR ACTUAL MESSAGEBOARDS. KEEP NINETEENTH OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO NINETEENTH MAY CAUSE CANCER
    HEY LOOK I FINALLY UPDATED THIS AFTER 5 YEARS. DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY REP. YOU WERE NOT HERE WHEN DID THAT AND IT'S A LONG STORY.
    IF SWALLOWED CONTACT A MORTICIAN.

Closed Thread

Thread Information