AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What was your first encounter with anime?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-12-2004 02:15 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

I remember mine well. *nostalgic feeling*
    When I was about... 10 I guess, I first saw Sailor Moon on German television. At that age it didn't matter to me wether I could understand it or not, but I REALY liked the show from the beginning on. I used to get up at 7 on saturdays, just to see Sailor Moon. And come to think of it, I understood an amazing lot of the series, even when I couldn't understand what they were saying... Oh, the good old times.... *drifts deeper into nostalgy*

Anyhow, what was your first encounter with anime?
    <center>
    ::My personal gallery::
    <span style='color:white'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><s>The crazy lady</s> My dark sister Reign_VI
    Dear cousin dark_lily_27</span></span></center>

Joker Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2006 05:09 PM
    Threads

my first anime was gundam wing because lets face gundams are bad donkey. Or at least befor seed they were.

Future Manga Producer Anime_Overload will become famous soon enough Anime_Overload's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2005 10:09 PM
    Threads

Wow gee this takes me back. My 1st anime experience was with Sailor Moon and Ronin Warriors, when FOX used to show them back when i was in 7th grade. Im in my 2nd year of college now. Sailor Moon would come on at 3:00 followed by Ronin Warriors. Being a horney 13 year old at the time I "fell" in love with Sailor Mercury. My love for the show hasn&#39;t wavered one bit. In fact I went as Tuxedo Mask to the last Anime Converntion I went to, I&#39;ll post a picture. In fact my love for the show has grown so much that i have even started to write a very popular Sailor Moon fanfic on Sailor Moon.com called Cheron Season.

Ronin Warriors was a great show at the time and i liked it almost as much as I did SailorMoon. I loved it when they made the white armor suit. It&#39;s been a while sence i&#39;ve seen any of the show but i still remember my favorite parts.

Here&#39;s my picture of me dressed as Tuxedo Mask.

Junior Member godess of death godess of death's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2004 11:15 AM
    Threads

Sailor Moon and Gundam Wing were my first animes I whatched.
    look like I always say...What&#39;s mine is mine is mine.What&#39;s yours is...also mine-Sanosuke
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    You have to be careful.We can get pretty crazy-Omi
    Stop making me repeat myself&#33;Its bad for my heath.- Duo
    We&#39;re not God.Not only are our powers limited,we sometimes
    are driven to become the devil himself.
    http://www.animegalleries.net/img/65504

đẹp Female_Hitokiri can only hope to improve Female_Hitokiri's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-15-2005 02:50 PM
    Threads

well, my sister watched sailor moon and i watched it with her, so that was my first anime show. Then came Tenchi, Dragon Ball Z, Gundam Wing, Inuyasha, Rurouni Kenshin...*grumbles on*

Sisters: unknownfairytears; Shinkono Kokoro; Ganmou Slayer; Homicidalzen; Demorg; elven angel; crankykitty; mutsumiyuri291; SorazHeartKairi; Rena6793
    Brothers: rick forrest
    Cousins: fedelious; kimora; DarkGundamPilot; WolfwoodMilly; Battousai; DemonHunter
    Aunts: Raye Hino, LunaGirl
    Uncles: MechaGriever; Leo Seta
    Nephews: MaStErOfSwOrDs/eLeMeNtS

Member Samantha91 is infamous around these parts Samantha91's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2005 07:04 PM
    Threads

My first anime is Sailor Moon&#33; That seems to be a popular one, eh? I saw my first episode when I was 4...I think it was the one with Nephlite and all the evil Negaverse dolls. Lol, i can&#39;t believe I remember that&#33;&#33; coolies&#33; ^.~

Junior Member WindWarrior WindWarrior's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2004 02:04 PM
    Threads

First off came Tenchi, which I liked, then came Sailor Moon, Dragonball Z, Rorouni Kenshin, Inyuyasha, G Gundam and several more. I started watching at around the age of 10 or 11 years old.
    May the wind be your guide.....

Member #~~T!ger Blue D@rkness~~# has a reputation beyond repute #~~T!ger Blue D@rkness~~# has a reputation beyond repute #~~T!ger Blue D@rkness~~# has a reputation beyond repute #~~T!ger Blue D@rkness~~# has a reputation beyond repute #~~T!ger Blue D@rkness~~# has a reputation beyond repute #~~T!ger Blue D@rkness~~# has a reputation beyond repute #~~T!ger Blue D@rkness~~# has a reputation beyond repute #~~T!ger Blue D@rkness~~# has a reputation beyond repute #~~T!ger Blue D@rkness~~# has a reputation beyond repute #~~T!ger Blue D@rkness~~# has a reputation beyond repute #~~T!ger Blue D@rkness~~# has a reputation beyond repute #~~T!ger Blue D@rkness~~#'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2004 08:25 PM
    Threads

I don remember&#33;

I think is...... I forgot&#33;&#33;&#33;
    <span style='color:green'>My Playful Eldest Sis:</span><span style='color:orange'>chibikero-chan</span>
    <span style='colorurple'>My Funny Elder Sis: </span><span style='color:gray'>terra_darkness</span>

Future Manga Producer Anime_Overload will become famous soon enough Anime_Overload's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2005 10:09 PM
    Threads

Wow 6 people here watched sailormoon as one of their 1st animes. When ever I hear the word "anime" I always seem to think of Sailormoon even briefly. Sailormoon was one the most important brakthroguhs in introducing anime to america and many other countries. Many people seem to hate it now for some reason but they can&#39;t reject the fact that sailormoon was one the most important animes of all time.

I say long live sailor moon&#33;

*~*727*~* Darkasiangurl is on a distinguished road Darkasiangurl's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-10-2006 04:10 PM
    Threads

I would have to say Sailormoon when I was maybe 7 years old they were the best show I have ever seen until I was 10 then I started to enecountrt other anime shows But Sailormoon is still ok but it seems weird though now that I think about it...

Life is a gift

don't ever forget that

Senior Member Nexoblood is an unknown quantity at this point Nexoblood's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2005 01:59 PM
    Threads

The first anime I saw was Salior Moon. I liked the series then and I still like it now.

Joker Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Or myabe its becaue sailor moon was never all that popular in the U.S.
    Granted it did well but it never did as well as say dragon ball z. im surprised it was the first anime so many people saw.

Member Inuyasha_c14 Inuyasha_c14's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-12-2004 09:48 PM
    Threads

ok my first was probably Pokemon (god I can&#39;t beleive I ever watched it&#33 but then there was Dragon Ball Z and after that came the best anime of all time (in my opinion) Inuyasha&#33;

Member kawaii_yosei kawaii_yosei's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2004 04:15 AM
    Threads

I randomly bought a Project-AKo video when I was 15 and that&#39;s what started me off ^^;

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2004 10:41 PM
    Threads

i think SAILOR MOON was my first cause it was on ... what was the name of the show&#33;? *bangs head* think something like agro or something. then POKEMON ( i was a major fan cards, videos, dolls etc) DRAGON BALL Z at that time i think i read Ah&#33; my goddess for the first time. CARDCAPTOR SAKURA, ZOIDS, HAMTARO, ( and any other anime that was on Cheez tv did anyone else watch that?) BUBBLEGUM CRISIS 2040 and i really wanna see inuyasha but i will be next year till i can get in aussie. bummer.

LUV SUKAVARA
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>&quot;Happiness isn&#39;t having what you want it&#39;s wanting what you have.&quot; - unknown</span></span>

đẹp Female_Hitokiri can only hope to improve Female_Hitokiri's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-15-2005 02:50 PM
    Threads

Neon Genesis Evangelion was the best&#33; You&#39;ll enjoy it&#33;

Sisters: unknownfairytears; Shinkono Kokoro; Ganmou Slayer; Homicidalzen; Demorg; elven angel; crankykitty; mutsumiyuri291; SorazHeartKairi; Rena6793
    Brothers: rick forrest
    Cousins: fedelious; kimora; DarkGundamPilot; WolfwoodMilly; Battousai; DemonHunter
    Aunts: Raye Hino, LunaGirl
    Uncles: MechaGriever; Leo Seta
    Nephews: MaStErOfSwOrDs/eLeMeNtS

Senior Member Shinkono Kokoro is an unknown quantity at this point Shinkono Kokoro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2004 07:54 PM
    Threads

Sailor Moon. And then i moved on to bigger and better anime/manga. ^__^ lol, it was a "Gateway anime".
    And the music played, singing to the hearts of lovers, the hearts of men, and the hearts of women...

Family:
    Husband- Noir
    Step-father- Mecha-Griever
    Little sisters- ~~~fedelicious~~~, LunaGirl, riku_niwa Female_hitokiri, Psycho_girl, and MojoJojo
    Older sisters- Ganmour-slayer
    Brother-in-law- Leo Seta
    Niece- Naru16
    Cousin- Demorg
    Aunt- Fragile_1

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Wow i guess im the only one who started with a gundam show.

Junior Member Selphie Tilmitt Selphie Tilmitt's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2004 04:22 PM
    Threads

Um, heres a list of all the ones I&#39;ve seen in order....
    1 - Hello Kitty
    2 - Sailormoon
    3 - Pokèmon
    4 - Digimon
    5 - Bragon Ball Z
    6 - Yu-Gi-Oh&#33;
    7 - Hyper Police (episodes 1-4)
    8 - Kiki&#39;s Delivery Service
    9 - Inuyasha
    10 - Spirted Away
    11 - Dragonball
    12 - Dragonball GT
    13 - Ranma 1/2 (only the 1st episode)
    14 - Cardcaptors

(I might have seen more - but I can&#39;t remember them all XD)

Senior Member Ganmou Slayer Ganmou Slayer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2004 08:59 PM
    Threads

The good old days...I remember watching Mon Colle Knights, then Sailor Moon, then Pokemon, then Digimon, then Hamtaro, then Dragon Ball Z Series, then Inu-Yasha, then Spirited Away and on and on.

Junior Member chibi_diane chibi_diane's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2004 08:42 PM
    Threads

Well, the first anime I watched was Sailor Moon, but since I was a little kid, I thought it was just a cartoon. Later, when I was in 7th. grade, I saw one of my classmates reading one of the Ranma 1/2 volumees. It lookeds pretty cool, so I decided to borrow it from the library. And then after that, I&#39;ve been hooked on anime and manga.

Angelic elf Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2009 08:44 AM
    Threads

hmm...mine was either Sailormoon or Astroboy (is that even classed as anime?)

I was a big fan of sailormoon bu they never showed the last few episodes.

It was the same deal with Cardcaptor Sakura The never showed the last 4 episodes here in Australia

Most miffed.

sig made by me

Gundam mad little brother - "red"

Do you fear my Fantasy??! Fantasy fighter will become famous soon enough Fantasy fighter's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2005 01:44 PM
    Threads

The first time was in 1997 i think. I saw dragonball and i thaught it was thw weirdest cartoon i had ever seen

Junior Member Ninja_fox Ninja_fox's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2004 11:04 AM
    Threads

The first anime I saw was Sailor Moon... or Samurai Pizza Cats. SPC was awesome Speedy was the best&#33; I wish it was still on.

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2004 01:33 PM
    Threads

My first encounter was when i was 2 when i first watched sailor moon.

Closed Thread

Thread Information