AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you have to enjoy an anime in order to acknowledge that it's good?

Junior Member AnPeter90 has a reputation beyond repute AnPeter90 has a reputation beyond repute AnPeter90 has a reputation beyond repute AnPeter90 has a reputation beyond repute AnPeter90 has a reputation beyond repute AnPeter90 has a reputation beyond repute AnPeter90 has a reputation beyond repute AnPeter90 has a reputation beyond repute AnPeter90 has a reputation beyond repute AnPeter90 has a reputation beyond repute AnPeter90 has a reputation beyond repute AnPeter90's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2018 09:42 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Do you have to enjoy an anime in order to acknowledge that it's good?

Enjoyment is mostly irrelevant for me at least; I try to put my basic knowledge of writing, literature, and art to work instead. What about you guys? If there's a particular genre that you can't enjoy, or perhaps even hate to death, could you possibly acknowledge a particular anime of that genre as "good?" Huawei Mate 20X ringtone

Good as in:
    "to be desired or approved of."
    "having the qualities required for a particular role."

Of course, these would be tied to objective standards of your own design (though obviously it'd be unlikely to be objective in an absolute sense).
    ringtones telephones
    Last edited by AnPeter90; 06-17-2021 at 09:17 PM.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2024 09:00 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Do you have to enjoy an anime in order to acknowledge that it's good?

Well, if it isn't any good then I won't enjoy it. And if I don't enjoy it, I can find a reason why; poor story, no character development, too many cliches, no flow to the narrative.

The only anime I could not stand watching for which I could not find anything wrong with was Gurren Lagann. It seemed to have a good story and good characters, and was technically well made. I just could not get past the first five episodes. I really don't know why.

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

Default Re: Do you have to enjoy an anime in order to acknowledge that it's good?

No.

I absolutely loathe Sora no Woto, but by all means it's a very good show.

At the same time: I love High School of the Dead when really it's a piece of grozit.

4. Likes Jasanime, RunnerNoah liked this post
    TAWIM's KinKiEst buddy :3 Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2017 09:39 AM
    Threads

Wink Re: Do you have to enjoy an anime in order to acknowledge that it's good?

Yes. Absolutely. If I don't enjoy it, I wouldn't even dream of acknowledging it as good.

My dislike of it would be the immediate disconnect for me.

I cannot fathom why people who don't enjoy something would even waste their time or energy acknowledging the thing they clearly hold in low personal regard as "good" – I suppose it's denial, ultimately.

They know they'll catch a lot of flack for presenting a differing opinion to the majority, so rather than be honest and state their true feelings on the subject, they'll simply keep up a false pretense of actually liking something that, in actuality, they cannot stand.

That's my personal opinion on this subject.

I suppose it could apply to any form of artistic expression, though if I don't enjoy an anime?

I'll simply stop watching. Period.

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Not saying you have to keep watching a show you aren't enjoying, but there's definitely series that I will agree are good, or well made, but that simply don't speak to me personally, or don't hold my interest, be it for the genre, the way it's animated, or something else entirely. Me not liking it though doesn't have to mean that I hold it in low regard.

For instance, anime-wise, I don't appreciate sports based anime, because I don't really follow sports, and therefore have a harder time getting into those shows. I'll still freely acknowledge that the shows can, and often are good, with compelling plots and interesting characters, it's my personal preference that keeps me from enjoying them, but they aren't bad series, and arguing that would be much more of a waste of my time or energy. I'm not saying I'd pretend to enjoy them, but I'd just say that they aren't for me.

Junior Member catZAripper is on a distinguished road catZAripper's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2018 09:02 AM
    Threads

Well good and bad are subjective. But if you ask me I would say yes. If I don't like it, I can't say an anime is good. Parts of it, I may still find good, for example the art.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    tetrix1993 is on a distinguished road tetrix1993's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2017 12:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: tetrix1993

Depends. If you enjoyed it, you are more likely to acknowledge that it is a good anime. But when you start to compare it with other anime, you may think this anime is not good at all, even though you enjoyed it.

For me, in most case if I enjoyed the anime, I would acknowledge that it is good. If I did not enjoy it, I would not force myself to watch it and just dropped it.
    I will be away indefinitely until further notice. If I have made any mistakes in transliteration, feel free to correct it without my acknowledgment. If you need to contact me, contact me through these websites below as I am active there:
    My Anime List | MyFigureCollection

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

Sometimes I enjoy anime that I consider evil.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2024 09:00 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Sometimes I enjoy anime that I consider evil.
    Such as?

Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Movie Ticket Mercedes-Benz Green Tea
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2022 09:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I mean, if I don't like an anime I'm not going to think that it's good. Imagine trying some food, spitting it out because you don't like it, but then being like, hey, this was good.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Such as?
    Bastard!! springs to mind. Desert Punk. Slayers. Kaku Ren Bo. Deadleaves
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I would agree that some anime I have not enjoyed and dropped quickly still had decent art/characters/story. And there are definitely anime that I don't personally like, but are very popular and I can understand why many enjoy them....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information