AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Black Butler (First Impressions)

Junior Member ShikiSunako is on a distinguished road ShikiSunako's Avatar
    Gil
    Volatile
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2017 08:01 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Black Butler (First Impressions)

Unlike my previous First Impressions Review of Lucky Star, I actually intend on watching the entire series of Black Butler and uploading a full review on all three seasons with the OVAs.

Now before I watched the first episode of Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji), I was made aware that this anime was a dark comedy horror.
    My favorite genres being both comedy and horror, I was immediately interested in watching the first episode, and I must say, I'm not at all disappointed.
    Ciel Phantomhive is the young owner of a the Phantomhive mansion, and to me and anyone else, it looks and sounds like he's in his early teens.
    Though his maturity seems to excel that of a person his age.
    Also do to his age, my guess is that he inherited the mansion and wealth from his deceased parents?
    Maybe?
    It's just a guess.
    Anyways, his supposed caretaker
    , Sebastian Michaelis,
    is the butler of the mansion and judging by the title, I'm guessing he's one of the more important characters in the plot.
    I have really nothing yet to say about the side characters so far, but Mey-Rin's voice in the English dub (and yes I'm watching the entire show dubbed) is like nails on a f*cking chalkboard.
    And don't get me wrong, she's kind of cute and she even looks kind hot with her rounded glasses off (I've seen screenshots on the wiki), but her voice... my god.

[SPOILERS] SUMMARY AHEAD

Now aside from the characters, the story from what I've observed so far is that this Italian businessman named Damian is visiting the Phantomhive residence in the hope of making a deal with Ciel.
    Secretly though, he's just trying to squeeze as much money out of Ciel as he can.
    Later on, He explores the mansion, but as time goes by, he gets more frightened by different things he sees.
    Damian eventually suspects that the mansion is haunted somehow and begins to run out.
    He gets his leg broken running down the stairs and limps away into a dark room.
    He hides in what he thinks is a cupboard, but he soon finds out it's a furnace as soon as the sadistic Butler turns it on with a slight grin on his face.
    I was about to assume he'd got what was coming to him, but somehow he survived in the end?

Anyways, that's my run down of the first episode of Black Butler.
    Expect a full review once I'm done watching every episode.
    Please feel free to share your thoughts on the series.
    Last edited by ShikiSunako; 01-09-2017 at 08:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information