Guys, how do you clean the surface of your figurines, other than dust issues? My case, I've tried using an ointment oil to clean the faceplate of my Yotsuba Kotobukiya action figure and it worked like a charm. But, I screwed the paint job (visible but still can be ignored if you're not aware of it) on her shirt.

I tried using olive oil to clean my nendoroid's faceplate (Kogitsunemaru) but no such luck. My friend uses baby oil though, but I haven't tried. I'm going to use a less-strong ointment oil for babies to see if it worked, but it piqued my interest to use a stronger ointment oil. (You know, that one that you use when you're feeling gassy). I stopped when I realized I've made a bad decision (visible if focused on, yet can be ignored if you're unaware). I just need to clean the faceplate and its hair, and pretty soon since I have a con and will be displaying my nendoroids in my booth for a competition, and this one's one of it.

Although I hear a magic sponge (those sponges that only needed water to clean crayons of the wall) would do fine, and also that white glue trick used on rubber straps.

... Omg I should've used the white glue trick...

So guys, any sugggestions?