AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tears to Tiera

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2024 09:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Unhappy Tears to Tiera

Tears to Tiera starts off with the kidnapping of the virginal Gael clan princess Riannon, to be fed to the newly revived demon Lord Arawn. But Arawn isn’t into eating pretty girls, so Riannon declares him to be her husband, because she can. And thus Arawn is the new Gael chieftain, over the objections of Riannon’s brother Arthur. But Arthur comes around because that is what he does. So Arawn leads the clan to his castle because that is where the castle is, and the empire plans to wage war against them because that is what they do. And there are even more girls.

So by now you may think, “Gee! It really sounds like Tears to Tiera does not have much of a plot.” Wrong! It really doesn’t have any plot. It does have some very interesting characters reacting to some interesting situations, but most of them just do what they do because that is what they do. We get no hint at all why Arawn would want to lead a tribal band of no real distinction. Why the empire can only wage war. Or why others join Arawn In what seems a losing, pointless fight. But other than that. . . .

The show does keep one's interest, but it does not make one wonder what happens next. I was mildly entertained by season one, but I do not consider it a tragedy that Netflix does not have season 2 yet. And if they get it, I probably won’t care to watch.

The artwork is great. The color schemes are used to effect. Nothing much objectionable. But Tears to Tiera barely makes it to average.

Senior Member sara.z is on a distinguished road sara.z's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2018 10:58 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Tears to Tiera

Tears to Tiara , I think this anime is awesome .

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Why do you think it was awesome? Let's discuss.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I liked the story and I love this kind of fantasy anime.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

First, I admit to only seeing season 1. Maybe season 2 is better. But the story seemed cliche to me. It even seemed less than a story. It seemed to be just situations to drop the characters into.

Now I will give you that there are some great characters in the series, which keeps me from totally dumping on it. But I really get no feeling for the relationship between Riannon and Arawn. Yes, she declares herself to be his wife, but outside of running to him once freed in episode 11, I really do not get a sense that there is anything real about their relationship. The same goes with Morgan who declares herself to be Arawn's second wife. She just shows up to fight.

Basically, I find no emotion or motivation for the characters actions. I guess you disagree. What did you see that is different?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah I disagree with you. Their was emotion anyway I liked the story .

Junior Member aaron2016 is on a distinguished road aaron2016's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2016 05:35 AM
    Threads

I love this kind of fantasy anime.

8. Likes AnimeVu liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information