AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I need suggestions for anime to watch

Junior Member AllahuSnackbar is an unknown quantity at this point AllahuSnackbar's Avatar
    Gil
    Tolerant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2016 09:05 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default I need suggestions for anime to watch

I've been watching anime for a while now but I tend to keep watching the same ones over and over in a schedule like system, which lasts me a year. But recently I've been wanting to watch new anime's, I prefer English dubbed as it makes it so I don't have to read every second. Here's a general idea of what I watch so you could suggest anime's that you would think I would like.

Bleach (Love the idea of spirits, etc.)
    Naruto/Naruto Shippuden (One of the best story lines I've ever seen, aside from the fillers)
    Full Metal Alchemist (One of the best I've watched)
    Tokyo Ghoul (Just Finished Season 2, Great anime)
    Sword art Online (Found it trough recommendation)
    Death Note (I like the art style)
    Inuyasha (Childhood favorite)
    Fairy Tail (Kinda Sorta)
    Blue Exorcist (One of my all time favorites)
    D. Gray-Man (Another one of my all time favorites)

So those are a few anime's I like to watch throughout the time base of a year, At least notable ones I could think of off the top of my head. I know it's basically all the mainstream grozit but it's all I could really find, I don't like one piece though so please don't recommend that. With those you could probably nab what my general liking is so any suggestions would be great, I will probably come trough here a few times a day so I can find some new anime's that I like. But to put it simply, I like animes that have action in them.

I don't mind animes having romance in them as long as theres action, such as SAO which is in my opinion one in a kind, atleast to my knowledge.
    I prefer not to watch school-girl animes as they've never really interested me, I'm not a perv so animes that have stupid amounts of "sexy" content aren't exactly the best. Anyways, I will come back when I wake up and hopefully there will be some suggestions then. Thanks for helping!

Also I should add, I'm not really into pokemon, digimon, yu gi oh, or those kind of related things. so please refrain from suggesting them, thanks

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

I should add I'm only 50 episodes away from the end of Bleach so suggestions will be pretty vital for me to find new animes.
    Last edited by AllahuSnackbar; 09-22-2016 at 09:19 AM.

Senior Member Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2022 02:21 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I need suggestions for anime to watch

What about Attack on Titan? It's been 3 years since I last watched it, but damn is it good. But don't worry, season 2 will be coming along... Hopefully soon enough.

You seem like you would also like Black Bullet and Akame Ga Kill. Haven't watched the latter but I hear it's really good.

RWBY

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Take a look in the review section.

Meanwhile, you may like The Devil is a Part-Timer. It has action, comedy, and is just plain weird. Satan and his demons take refuge in modern day Tokyo, where he finds work at a fast food restaurant. His enemy, the half-angel Emilia, is in pursuit. But everyone seems to fit into the world of humans a bit too well.

If you like it darker, check out Parasyte or Ajin: Demi-Human. I reviewed both on this site.

Junior Member AllahuSnackbar is an unknown quantity at this point AllahuSnackbar's Avatar
    Gil
    Tolerant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks for the suggestion but I tried watching Attack on Titan previously, I forgot to add it in the thread. I'm not into the art style of it.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

I will check it out tonight, thanks for the suggestion.

5. Dislikes sara.z disliked this post
    Junior Member Japanesewanabe is on a distinguished road Japanesewanabe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2016 12:38 PM
    Threads

Try out your lie in april and samurai flamenco.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Japanesewanabe View Post
    Try out your lie in april and samurai flamenco.
    Both are on Netflix streaming. Samurai Flamenco is similar in plot to One Punch Guy, but it goes in more for action and less on the laughs.

You Lie in April I have yet to see. But I will.

(Monday night you can watch You Lie in September, but that's not an anime. )
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 09-23-2016 at 03:54 PM.

Senior Member sara.z is on a distinguished road sara.z's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2018 10:58 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Searching in Google for anime to watch.

Gil
    Tolerant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The Devil is a part-timer is a entertaining one, I like it. I basically watched it all in 1 day, I will check out the other ones when I have the time. Once again, thanks for your suggestions.

Gil
    Tolerant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by AllahuSnackbar View Post
    The Devil is a part-timer is a entertaining one, I like it. I basically watched it all in 1 day, I will check out the other ones when I have the time. Once again, thanks for your suggestions.
    After watching it fully, I get the vibe of SAO, and Tokyo Ghoul out of it kind of. The art style is quite good, so I would recommend that to people. Though there's only 13 episodes which is a shame, I'm not sure if they will ever make more or not as I've not researched it yet.

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Same thing I recommend to everyone because it's still me fave anime ever: Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Also Steins;Gate and Code Geass are pretty awesome...

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The Devil is a part-timer is a entertaining one, I like it. I basically watched it all in 1 day,
    All in one day? You are a devotee!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasanime View Post
    Same thing I recommend to everyone because it's still me fave anime ever: Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
    That's a pretty dark one -- which is why I liked it a lot. I reviewed it and the three movies on this site. Did you watch the third movie, Rebellion? If so, I started a thread to discuss the ending. No one responded to it yet. Please give a response if you did. If you have not seen the third movie, then do not read that thread until you do. It contains spoilers. My review you can read, though. The review does not contain spoilers.

13. Likes Jasanime liked this post
    Gil
    Tolerant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    All in one day? You are a devotee!
    Not really, when you're nocturnal and quite literally have nothing to do during night aside from gaming on my ps3 and watching stuff on my laptop, there's not really much else you can do, that's why I'm in need of suggestions lol

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 AM ----------

Alright, I will check them out soon! Thanks for the suggestions.

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 AM ----------

Also, I want to point out that If they have movies in them, If possible I would like it if you could tell me which episode or season it released on so I can watch it while it's in the same timeline, I've had the problem in naruto especially because it has over 400 episodes and several movies, I don't know which movies go between which season or episode.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Also, I want to point out that If they have movies in them, If possible I would like it if you could tell me which episode or season it released on so I can watch it while it's in the same timeline, I've had the problem in naruto especially because it has over 400 episodes and several movies, I don't know which movies go between which season or episode.
    Well, for Puella Magi Madoka Magica, the first two movies are actually the retelling of the series' story with a few tweeks. Beginnings comes first, as you could probably guess, followed by Eternal. You can watch either the series or the two movies before watching movie 3, Rebellion. Or you could watch both.

Gil
    Tolerant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I will be checking out Black Bullet tonight, once again thanks for the suggestion.

Gil
    Tolerant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Just finished Black Bullet, it was a odd concept but I did like it. Thanks for the suggestion.

As for my review which does not scratch the surface much, It's as I said a odd concept, The art style is pretty good, The characters are good as well, I just wish that they made more episodes of it, as that seems to be a reoccurring problem that tends to happen to these animes, They show potential but as far as I know get cancelled after their first season. Either way, I would suggest it to others. Once again, Thanks for the suggestion.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Try SouL Eater
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Just finished Black Bullet, it was a odd concept but I did like it. Thanks for the suggestion.
    That was quick. So what is it about? It sounds pretty dark. I like dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Try SouL Eater
    Good recommendation. A bit of comedy, some action, and a lot of adventure. It does not take itself too seriously. I would have liked another season. I should someday watch the original Japanese dub. I wonder what the Grim Reaper originally sounded like.

Gil
    Tolerant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks for the suggestion, Already seen it. Not a huuuge fan of it, but I do watch it every now and then.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    That was quick. So what is it about? It sounds pretty dark. I like dark.
    Well, basically to put it simply, there is a "bug parasite" army, and the only way to defeat them is with the "Cursed children" Which Im not gonna lie, It's quite literally a loli army. There is some humor in it at some points. I'm really grozit at explaining things, I just suggest you check it out. I think you might like it.

Junior Member Misheru Haruno is on a distinguished road Misheru Haruno's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2016 09:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm not exactly sure if you'll like all of these but we have similar tastes when it comes to anime. These are some that I have downloaded and they are my faves. I have more like yaoi and shounen ai like Antique Bakery, Gakuen Heaven, Gravitation, Junjou Romantica, Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi, Love Stage, Monochrome Factor, Okane ga Nai, and Super Lovers. and a couple that deal with sports like Free! I watobi Swim Club and Kuroko no basket which I also love. Hope you can find one of new interest!!! Enjoy!!!
    DN Angel.
    Black Blood Brothers
    Black Cat
    Black Butler
    Chobits
    Diabolik Lovers
    Fruits Basket
    Hell Girl
    Hunter x Hunter >2011< This one is similar to Bleach, InuYasha, Fairy Tail, its in the same category
    Love Live! School Idol Project
    Moon Phase
    Tokyo Mew Mew
    Vampire Knight

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks for the suggestion, Already seen it. Not a huuuge fan of it, but I do watch it every now and then.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Well, basically to put it simply, there is a "bug parasite" army, and the only way to defeat them is with the "Cursed children" Which Im not gonna lie, It's quite literally a loli army. There is some humor in it at some points. I'm really grozit at explaining things, I just suggest you check it out. I think you might like it.
    Well isn't that par for the anime course? Children always are the soldiers who save the world. Odd that violates international law.

This one sort of sounds like several other anime series I have seen.

Gil
    Tolerant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Perhaps, I just found it kinda different than most I've seen.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Good recommendation. A bit of comedy, some action, and a lot of adventure. It does not take itself too seriously. I would have liked another season. I should someday watch the original Japanese dub. I wonder what the Grim Reaper originally sounded like.
    You do know DVDs like that come with the original Japanese audio, right?

I also recommend Ghost Hunt, ghost Stories, Desert Punk, and Requiem From the Darkness
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Tolerant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Yan Chan View Post
    What about Attack on Titan? It's been 3 years since I last watched it, but damn is it good. But don't worry, season 2 will be coming along... Hopefully soon enough.

You seem like you would also like Black Bullet and Akame Ga Kill. Haven't watched the latter but I hear it's really good.
    Your first suggestion, as I previously said I'm not into, however the last two you mentioned are actually quite good. I really liked Akame Ga Kill especially, One of the best anime's I've seen. It mixed almost every emotion into one anime. I guarantee I will be re-watching it more in the future.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

After looking at Ajin, I didn't really like the animation style. It looks like they tried way too hard to make it look real. I will check out Parasyte now.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    sj4iy is on a distinguished road sj4iy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-11-2016 08:19 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

First post, so hopefully I do it right. Our tastes in anime seem similar, so one I might recommend (if you haven't seen it already) is "Noragami". Really good series, has spirits, gods, humor and drama.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by sj4iy View Post
    First post, so hopefully I do it right. Our tastes in anime seem similar, so one I might recommend (if you haven't seen it already) is "Noragami". Really good series, has spirits, gods, humor and drama.
    I agree. It is a pretty good one. The storyline is pretty original, and since lately the anime I have been finding is anything but original. . . .

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information