AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is one of your Favorite(s) Fantasy book series/Stand alone Fantasy book?

Senior Member Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Gifts Ariel EVE Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 06:04 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Red face What is one of your Favorite(s) Fantasy book series/Stand alone Fantasy book?

One of my Favorite(s) is Howls Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones, Family of lies:Sebastian by Sam Argent, Threat from the Sea by Mel Odom and my new favorite Air Awakens by Elise Kova! ->
    And many many more!

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    Cevesha is on a distinguished road Cevesha's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2016 05:09 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: What is one of your Favorite(s) Fantasy book series/Stand alone Fantasy book?

Just finished a marathon of the Malazan book of the fallen (and all related novels), and it's definitely become one of my favourite series. I also read recently Tigana as it was recommended as a good standalone fantasy book, but it left a little to be desired for me personally.

3. Thanks Cherry Boom thanked for this post
    Likes Cherry Boom liked this post
    Senior Member Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2022 02:21 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What is one of your Favorite(s) Fantasy book series/Stand alone Fantasy book?

Dance of the Assassins (The Devil's Dances Trilogy) by Herve Jubert. <3 Loved it. It's been a while since I read it, and hopefully I can catch up on the series.

RWBY

5. Thanks Cherry Boom thanked for this post
    Senior Member Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Gifts Ariel EVE Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 06:04 PM
    Threads

Thanks for responding! I haven't heard of the Malazan book of the fallen, but i have heard of Tigana. I will check them out.!

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Thanks for responding! Dance of the Aassassins sounds like a very cool book! I will definitely check out the Trilogy.!

Senior Member SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25 has a reputation beyond repute SaraG25's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Kawaiislice Kawaii Neapolitan Icecream Bar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2016 08:22 PM
    Threads

The books by Tamora Pierce are really good

Cannibal Countess ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Heart Pocky
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2016 06:26 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChibiLovett Steam ID: ChibiLovett

Definitely The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor! ^.^ I've been in love with those books since I read the first one when it was still new. They're also one of the few series/books I can actually remember pretty clearly, no matter how long I go without reading them. (My memory is TERRIBLE and I can go a year without reading a book, or sometimes less, and it'll be like reading it for the first time again.) I got it out of a book order from school and now I have all three hardback, Princess Alyss of Wonderland, and I got 4 volumes of Hatter M. signed at SLC Comic Con a couple of years ago after accidentally running into Frank himself. x3 They are my babies omgggg.~ <3 One of these days I'll be able to finish my collection....
    Last edited by ChibiLovett; 07-20-2016 at 02:33 AM.
    She has no shadows, and she radiates beauty.

Slender body, and two eyes like ebony.

Her spirit's golden, and her mind's a mystery.

9. Thanks Cherry Boom thanked for this post
    Member Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-20-2016 07:33 AM
    Threads

the colour of magic
    the light fantastic

i like to count them as one big "doorstopper" novel :P

11. Thanks Cherry Boom thanked for this post
    Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

Hard to say because although I liked reading to a certain point when I was in school, there weren't any series of books I stuck with and continuously read. That being said, there is one book I've read probably three times now and that's The Indian in the Cupboard. Great story, great characters, and the setting was very simple and innocent, a boy's room. Some of you might only know about the movie and I thought it was okay, but a few scenes were rewritten or left out. I know that there is a series of books for this title, but I haven't brought myself to reading them as of yet.

13. Thanks Cherry Boom thanked for this post
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    Cevesha is on a distinguished road Cevesha's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2016 05:09 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I'd completely forgotten about The Indian in the Cupboard, I read it when I was younger and enjoyed it; I'll put it on the list to read again sometime soon, for nostalgia's sake. I seem to recall reading the others too and they were also good.

I recently finished Guards, Guards! by Terry Pratchett. Very light and enjoyable reading - I'll be picking up the next in the Watch arc soon (whichever that one may be).

15. Thanks Cherry Boom thanked for this post
    Likes Cherry Boom, CapnJack liked this post
    Senior Member GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Piano
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2018 07:35 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tOSUguy2002

A Song of Ice and Fire. 1-3 for sure. 4&5 i slogged through no lie.

This may not count but I consider Dune a stand alone Fantasy novel.

If that doesnt count Im saying the Hobbit.

17. Thanks Cherry Boom thanked for this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Jeremy thatcher Dragon Hatcher. By Bruce Coville
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

No Rain No Rainbow!!! OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Red Dango Fuuko Starfish Cake
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-22-2018 12:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: k9craze

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I've only read up to book two though since I've yet to buy (and have the time to read) the third book.

Can't wait to see the movie too even though they made some changes.
    [Random words of wisdom here]
    [Photo signature here]
    [Random words here]

20. Thanks Cherry Boom thanked for this post
    Likes Cherry Boom, SaraG25 liked this post
    The Black Swordsman Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Mario ZStar Autobots
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2019 02:22 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thrain Steam ID: Discade

Ehhh does Sci-Fi/Fantasy count? If so then I'd say the Red Rising series. If not then idk -_- just started reading a series called Mistborn or something like that, pretty good so far.
    "Kill a man, one is a murderer. Kill a million, a conqueror. Kill them all, a god."

Xbox Live: Thrain
    MyAnimeList: iRhya

22. Thanks Cherry Boom thanked for this post
    Senior Member Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Pink And Blue Ribbon Makeup Flowers Fan2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2016 06:31 PM
    Threads

Harry Potter 1-7
    The Hobbit
    The Lord of the Rings 1-3

My AF family:
    Cousins: Astral_Mage

24. Thanks Cherry Boom thanked for this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information