AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bubblegum Gaming?

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

Default Bubblegum Gaming?

This is sort of a phrase I came up with for a way I've played games for years. Like getting another piece of gum when the flavor runs out, so has been my pattern of gaming. I would buy a game I was interested in and play it for a decent amount of time. Then I'd get to a point to where, for different reasons, I stop playing that game before beating it. The reasons include:
    -Another game (new or owned) gets my attention and I move on to playing that one.
    -I reach a point in the game that I can't pass and decide to set it aside for just awhile and convince myself I'll come back, but don't.
    -LEVEL GRINDING gets mundane to the point I fall asleep with the controller in my hand.
    -Life.
    -3 discs into a 4 disc game and the file gets deleted/corrupted. I lose my passion when I have to mow through all of that again.

Some would sell their games or turn them into a Gamestop for credit to buy another game, but I'm a sentimental person and super-rarely ever give up a game. I still enjoy the time I spent playing them and they aren't bad games really. Don't get me wrong, I have played games to completion for sure. Couple of them even RPGs. I've got at least 20 PS2 games and probably over half I haven't finished.

Are any of you guilty of being a Bubblegum Gamer?

Senior Member Dunn x Dolo is a jewel in the rough Dunn x Dolo is a jewel in the rough Dunn x Dolo is a jewel in the rough Dunn x Dolo's Avatar
    Gil
    Flirty
    Gifts Systems NES Controller Char Zaku MS 06S Autobots
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2016 09:08 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxDUNNxxDOLOxX

Default Re: Bubblegum Gaming?

*Raises Hand*

LOL. Everything you listed is exactly what I do. The only thing I kinda do that really messes me up though is when I try to play multiple games at the same time. Like now, I was originally playing Ori and The Blind Forest. Then I started playing Smite when I got it. Then I started playing The Evil Within. Then I got Call of Duty BO3 and that really f**ked me up.

I had to actually make sure I dedicated all my video game time to the evil within for 1 weekend just so I could actually beat the game. Now that Dark Souls is backwards compatible...I started playing that and forgot about my other games. Currently on my "finish up" list for my Xbox one are.....

Ori and the blind forest
    Gears of War 1, 2, 3, and Judgment
    Max and the Curse of the Brotherhood
    Lords of the Fallen.

I can always get a quick game of CoD in since I only play multiplayer anyways. Its just trying to finish the other games that the problem.

Kinda like you Capn I have about 30-40 Ps2 games in my closet that I could sell or trade. I beat most of them, but a good 10-12 I still haven't. I dunno why I keep them, I just cant bring myself to get rid of them.
    Im a sucker for the classics.....
    Don't hate until you try them......

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

To a degree. There's a lot if games that just get too tedious to complete. Most recent example for me was Dragon's Dogma. It's fun and all, but it's just so tedious with all the backtracking on such a large map.

My mood on a daily basis

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

Although Marvel v Capcom 2 is beatable for me up to a certain difficulty, I slacked off and stopped playing even if I haven't bought all the extras yet. That's probably trivial anyways.

I got both DBZ Boudakai Tenkaichi 1 and 2. I covered most of 1 but my nephew has covered much more of 2.

I technically own my nephew's GTA San Andreas. I've played it a lot, but had too much fun sandboxing. I never got out of Los Santos and haven't came back to it.

My brother got me Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 and sadly I haven't even finished 1 yet.

RPG's are my weakness. I love them and the storylines, but I just can't commit long enough. It's not just the level grinding, but over-analyzing increasingly complicated tactical battle systems begins to frustrate me and make me question if I'm doing it right. Which is why games like Megaman X:Command Mission, Final Fantasy 12, and yes even Final Fantasy 7 has not been completed yet.

These are just a taste of what I got collecting dust in my room. I do like these games or else I'd never have gotten them. I have though beaten games like:
    Manhunt 2,
    Twisted Metal 1,2,3,4, Small Brawl, and Black,
    Castlevania: Curse of Darkness,
    Legend of Legaia (years ago),
    Evil Dead: Regeneration,

and put many hours in on others like:
    Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2,
    Legand of Dragoon,

I guess I should be glad for those and not pine over the others. As long as I have them, there's still a will to pick up the controller again.

Senior Member ShrillBrute76 is on a distinguished road ShrillBrute76's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2016 10:50 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ShrillBrute3271

I am a pure completionist where i am driven to see a game all the way to the end. The worst is games like borderlands where there are multiple characters to develope (which i must do with everyone of them) so i get into a stage where im trying to complete multiple games at once and it becomes over whelming so i do put some aside but i actually do come back to them

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information