AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please Read Me First!!!

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

OK, I’m a postin’ a list of “Hints and Tips to Look and Sound Like a Intelligent Human Being When Using a Forum,” In the hope that some one will actually read them. What can I say, I’m an optimist.

__________Stuff that is Forbidden Round Here__________

1. Don't post pointless pictures. If you dont know how to set up a Signature (The words/picture under the posts), bug someone on the Site Questions Forum.

2. Below every post you make there is a little button called “Edit.” When pressed this button will allow you to edit your previous post. You can also add additional text. You add additional text to avoid “DOUBLE POSTING”. (Also known as posting two or more times in a row, with no other post in between. It’s annoying, and punishable.) If you don’t want to wait for an other person to post in the thread, this is the route to go.

3. Swearing is Forbidden.

4. At the very least keep your flames off of Animeglobe.com or any of Kaitou’s other sites. If you’re ripping one another a new one on AIM, its not our responsibility. But if you Post flames at one another, we have to punish you. That one was possibly hypocritical coming from me, but …

5. Sex-Related-things are generally Forbidden.

6. Talking about where to get Warez or other illegal software/copyright breaking stuff is Forbidden.

7. The search button is there for a reason. We do not tolerate double topics. Click on search to find a keyword you want to post about and see if there is already a topic on it.

8. Spam is forbidden. Do not post topics with no purpose or don't affect anyone but you. Do not Beg for rupees. Do not start threads begging for rep.

__________Stuff That’s Just Really Annoying__________

7. Don’t type in AOLspeak. And for that matter l337speak is also frowned upon. If you don’t value your opinion enough to write it out in real everyday English, than why should we? Also it's very bad etiquette.

8. Type in colors we can see clearly.

9. Use the Spoiler tag when giving spoilers.

10. Before you post a new topic ask yourself:
    A.) Is this in the right forum? (Example: Don’t post an Anime topic in Misc.)
    B.) Is there another topic like this? (You can check the backlog of topics, or you can click the search button near the top of the web page)
    C.) (If topic is a question) Is my question complete and legible to a third party?
    D.) (If topic is a an Opinion) Is my opinion supported by facts and/or logic?
    E.) (If topic is a Poll) Can this poll accommodate every possible answer in 15 or less choices? (If it can’t you shouldn’t make it a poll… It just generally indicates you have no idea what your talking about)

11. Typing in All-Caps is annoying. It just shows the world your too lazy to use the shift key. Its ok if you use it once in a while, for emphasis, but your generally better of using Bold type for that.

12. Reread what you type. Don’t post anything you haven’t reread at least once. Ideally you should spell check you work too. Both help alleviate looking like a dork when you misspell common words.

13. Use other text sizes sparingly.

14. PLEASE put a capital at the beginning of your sentence and a period at the end.

15. The Misc. Thread IS NOT for introductions also, since you may be wondering.

16. Keep your pictures fairly small. Many of us are still on 56k.

17. Signatures shouldn't contain pictures any larger than 500x300.

18. If it doubt whether something is Forbidden/Wrong/Bad/Ect. Please ask a mod.

__________Ending Stuff__________
    And note, although the Stuff That’s Just Really Annoying isn’t punishable, most of it can and will make The Mods, The Admins, and Most Everyone Else more or less biased against you. If you say, double post and type in all caps, than in my estimation you’re at least 200% more likely to be penalized than someone who only double posted, because you're the bigger nuisance. Just keep that in mind.

Also, about the punishment around here, you’ll probably get a PM from a Mod first, after that you’ll be Warn-ed (The little bar under your name indicates you warning level) which restricts your posting abilities, and then if you keep it up, you’ll be banned.

And I was thinking about locking this, but I'll leave it open for suggestions and questions....
    ... NO COMMENTS, PLEASE!!! If you want to thank me for posting this, just send an IM. (or money)
    Last edited by Kewii; 10-04-2005 at 04:18 PM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wtf? What's wrong with sex? It is perfectly natural.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, I personally don't have too big a problem with it, if done tastefully, but it is outlawed in the official rules...

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post, in public or private, any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB.
    ...cause' Kaitou and Minako want the site to appeal to all ages... But keep in mind that people did get away with that Pick-Up lines thread which was pretty raunchy.
    So if you keep it PG-13 you'll likely get away with it.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member AngryYoungMan will become famous soon enough AngryYoungMan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2005 05:58 PM
    Threads

why is it that we can't swear? I mean, there IS a censor thingy. whay can't it be programmed for each new curse that pops up?

Everytime you start whining for no reason, it costs you your weight in slipknot T-shirts.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Same reason you can't post p0rn: Kaitou/Minako want the board PG-13.

And I really don't know how hard it is to set the word filter, but if you think its a simple task blocking out all the swear words/phrases than you should search for George Carlins "List of Things You Can't Say on TV." (The expanded one he created in the last few years, not his old "Seven Words" one.)

Simply Put, There are way to many swear words/lewd phrases to effectively censor. Unless you make a very large investment in time.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member AngryYoungMan will become famous soon enough AngryYoungMan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

MP2K: Not a Question/Suggestion.

Everytime you start whining for no reason, it costs you your weight in slipknot T-shirts.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Can't you make a forum for mature people? (that sounded very wrong)

Like where we can discuss booze and sex and stuff like that. ... and look down on all the people who can't get in.

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

no

The Goddess has Spoken
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Originally posted by PikuNe@Sep 20 2004, 05:23 AM
    Can&#39;t you make a forum for mature people? (that sounded very wrong)

Like where we can discuss booze and sex and stuff like that. ... and look down on all the people who can&#39;t get in.
    Seems to me there are entire boards that are nothing BUT that, hm?

Although I&#39;ve visited another board with a forum entitled "Critical Thinker&#39;s Anonymous" filled with discussions on current events, world issues, politics, etc. That might be interesting...as a separation from a more light-spirited Miscellaneous.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Is it OK to curse in other languages? Or curse in other languages using words that isn&#39;t curse words in those langauges (such as "Mjäll&#33;"; meaning dandruff in swedish, but could appear to be cursing to innocent bystanders)

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Originally posted by PikuNe@Sep 20 2004, 11:55 AM
    Is it OK to curse in other languages? Or curse in other languages using words that isn&#39;t curse words in those langauges (such as "Mjäll&#33;"; meaning dandruff in swedish, but could appear to be cursing to innocent bystanders)
    ah, no O_o because we would have to track down what exactly you are saying, or just assume it&#39;s cursing.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Frisör&#33; That sucks.

Or you could just assume all foreign words i use isn&#39;t cursing. (or use http://www-lexikon.nada.kth.se/skolverket/swe-eng.shtml )

SHTIL Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2019 03:44 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kasius DeVias Steam ID: Sophonax

Or, as a moderator, I can look around and make sure he/she&#39;s not cursing. I know the languages that are spoken here in Scandinavia(Swedish, danish, norwegian). o.O;
    | Someone painted the sky |
    | Forever in my heart |

Game Developer/3D Character Animator
    eSports Commentator & Senior Server Administrator for LionsEK

Bazooka Tooth Han has a reputation beyond repute Han has a reputation beyond repute Han has a reputation beyond repute Han has a reputation beyond repute Han has a reputation beyond repute Han has a reputation beyond repute Han has a reputation beyond repute Han has a reputation beyond repute Han has a reputation beyond repute Han has a reputation beyond repute Han has a reputation beyond repute Han's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2009 08:08 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

but what if a Cambodian guy comes and says lots of cambodian words.. what&#39;ll we do then?
    Nay.

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Ask them to speak english / japanese or ban them otherwise O_o;;;

this is an english language forum for the discussions after all...

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

o.O; There is no such language as "cambodian", they speak Khmer in cambodia.

Ace: But that should also go for really bad english. fi i csrablme lttres eht lkie htis, nbooyd cna kema seens otu of tehm. Otherwise i could potentially curse with scrambled innocent english words.

Saaguse&#33; (Sausage) that was hard to read x.x;

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

actualy that wasn&#39;t that hard to read O_o;
    ba gur bgure unaq, fbzrguvat yvxr guvf jbhyq or zhpu uneqre.
    and that would probably be forbidden O_o; depends on the circumstances, but if it needs decrypting / translating then it probably would not be allowed.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What about mathematcal impossibilities? Such as 4/0 = 37, would probably upset a whole bunch of mathematicians.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

ah, let them be upset ^_^;

Code:
     &nbsp; &nbsp; a = x &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&#91;true for some a&#39;s and x&#39;s&#93;
     &nbsp; a+a = a+x &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&#91;add a to both sides&#93;
     &nbsp; &nbsp;2a = a+x &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&#91;a+a = 2a&#93;
     2a-2x = a+x-2x &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &#91;subtract 2x from both sides&#93;
    2&#40;a-x&#41; = a+x-2x &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&#91;2a-2x = 2&#40;a-x&#41;&#93;
    2&#40;a-x&#41; = a-x &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &#91;x-2x = -x&#93;
     &nbsp; &nbsp; 2 = 1 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&#91;divide both sides by a-x&#93;

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Um, maybe if someone scrambles a curse at you, you should just IGNORE IT. I mean jesus christ, if you get upset because someone yells &#39;Dandruff&#33;&#39; at you in swedish and you think it means something bad, then you need to grow a freakin backbone.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

the point, as you seem to have missed it entirely, isn&#39;t a single persons responce to it, but the site policy, which is to stick to english / japanese, and not to curse.
    And as we would have to run it through a translator each time, it&#39;s a lot simpler to just assume that the rules were broken.

Senior Member souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2015 03:04 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I&#39;ve got a question...is the word &#39;hell&#39; off-limits? There are different views on whether or not it&#39;s a curse word.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

no, "hell" is fine O_o;

Senior Member souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2015 03:04 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Just making sure...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

what about &#39;god damn it&#33;&#39; or &#39;Jesus christ&#33;&#39;, those aren&#39;t gonna offend anyone, are they?

Closed Thread

Thread Information