AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need a website to purchase and download anime

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

Default need a website to purchase and download anime

after my searching i'm coming up empty. to be clear on what i want:

to legally purchase anime series and movies and to download them directly to my HDD. i don't want to order DVD's/BluRay, i certainly will not stream, and i MAY subscribe to a service if it offers enough of what i'm looking for. services like Netflix don't have enough variety, as they're not anime-centric, and CrunchyRoll does not appeal to me at all because streaming is disgusting.

i don't have high hopes for such a service existing, but it sure would be nice.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 06:36 PM
    Threads

Default Re: need a website to purchase and download anime

I think Amazon.com
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Member AzuMulu is on a distinguished road AzuMulu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2015 02:55 PM
    Threads

Since to buy most anime, you need to purchase the DVD. I don't think there is a digital download service. Animes are aired via networks intially, and then the DVDs are released.

Amazon carries DVDS so you can just go there and order the dvds http://www.amazon.com/anime-dvd-blur...ode=2650364011

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%A2%E3...F8&node=562020 Japanese direct

There are handfuls of stores not in japan like suncoast or playasia that sell dvds but their inventory stocks are usually awful, not having adequate supplies of new anime and having an over abundance of a certain series from 2003 that no one even liked for example.

If you lived in japan or had a friend in japan you would be shoping at animate or something similar and have them mail the stuff to you http://www.animate.co.jp/

But in this case you would need to give them to a subber group so they can add subs... Theyre usually not professionally translated until they dub them too... which takes awhile. And recently the fansubbers have been lazy
    Last edited by AzuMulu; 07-09-2015 at 11:52 AM.

Junior Member onestopanime is on a distinguished road onestopanime's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2015 05:30 PM
    Threads

There is only one website I can think of for what you want and it is probably crunchyroll
    Online Anime Store Check it out at www.onestop-animeshop.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information