AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Capitalism is a pyramid scheme...

Senior Member AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2024 12:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: DesuMaiden

Default Capitalism is a pyramid scheme...

Just read this article.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/0...Pyramid-Scheme

Capitalism has been exalted as the ultimate form of perfection for the human race. We should all embrace capitalism if we want to become rich and powerful. That's true...capitalism does make people rich and powerful, but that's only for a handful of people. Capitalism, overall, deprives the majority of people of power and wealth. Capitalism is founded upon inequality and is no different from feudalism or slave society. Except now you have machines powered by oil and natural gas to grow the economy instead of human and animal power in the case with feudalism and slave society. Either way, capitalism is based on inequality, and is no different in that respect from feudalism or slave society.

We need a system that embraces equality and maintains balance with the Earth. Capitalism also needs to be abandoned because capitalism is a part of the infinite growth paradigm, which demands infinite growth in consumption and population. This is just not possible on a finite planet.

We need to abandon capitalism and the infinite growth paradigm. We are doomed as a species if we don't abandon capitalism and the infinite growth paradigm.
    My name is Desu__Maiden. I like stupid sexual jokes, just because I'm really a huge pervert. OMG, I could finally admit it. Pay my posts no attention.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Capitalism is a pyramid scheme...

The thing is we like the system when we're at the top of the pyramid.

The real problem is democracy and a lack of IQ requirements for candidates and voters
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    The thing is we like the system when we're at the top of the pyramid.

The real problem is democracy and a lack of IQ requirements for candidates and voters
    oh, clayton, saying incredibly stupid things again. i don't know if you mean it or you're just trying to be as provocative as possible.

the fact is the smartest people (I.E. those with the highest I.Q.'s) aren't better equipped to make decisions about anything. everybody's human and we're all susceptible to being lied to or misinformed. i don't know what my I.Q. is, the last time i checked i was sixteen and it was above average, but i know for a fact that if you put me in charge of something important i'd break under the pressure. high I.Q. doesn't make you perfect. there's all sorts of factors that go into making a decision and everybody, even racist hillbilly inbreeders, have the right to decide for themselves.

souless dreamer dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2015 01:18 AM
    Threads

i think we will do away with governments and money someday. modernday slavery is a drag. who knows maybe in our lifetime. for a massive change would require something to inspire mankind as whole such as a mass alian landing or revaltions happens... something to that effect. we sure cant do it by ourselves. we like living in ignorance

beauty in us all
    everyone the same
    everything changes
    love is all you need
    peace happyness and wizdom forever
    music heals the soul
    learn something new everyday
    experience life
    live free

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

/propaganda

How much do they pay you for these posts? I may apply.

My mood on a daily basis

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    oh, clayton, saying incredibly stupid things again. i don't know if you mean it or you're just trying to be as provocative as possible.

the fact is the smartest people (I.E. those with the highest I.Q.'s) aren't better equipped to make decisions about anything. everybody's human and we're all susceptible to being lied to or misinformed. i don't know what my I.Q. is, the last time i checked i was sixteen and it was above average, but i know for a fact that if you put me in charge of something important i'd break under the pressure. high I.Q. doesn't make you perfect. there's all sorts of factors that go into making a decision and everybody, even racist hillbilly inbreeders, have the right to decide for themselves.

Well we tried morons and that isn't working. I'm not saying breed for the thing, but a leader of a country should be able to pass at least three independent IQ tests with an above average score before they are allowed to run.

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

Well equal opportunity does not mean equal outcome
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Senior Member Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Movie Ticket Red Dango Notebook
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2018 01:37 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Solomore Steam ID: sustainna

Well we tried morons and that isn't working. I'm not saying breed for the thing, but a leader of a country should be able to pass at least three independent IQ tests with an above average score before they are allowed to run.

this.
    "Used to be named Solomore. Adopted a new Username/Handle. Find me on Twitch! Twitch.tv/sustainna"
    If My Heart Had Wings Review: ~*10/10*~ http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...eart-Had-Wings
    Katawa Shoujo Review: 9/10 http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...-Katawa-Shoujo
    Facebook Page for Visual Novel Fans: https://www.facebook.com/visualnovelfanclub

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oy. The original article in the OP ends by citing the existence of a T-shirt with a similar theme as supporting evidence.

And the link to the T-shirt doesn't even work...

Anyway I get it. Young people on the internet. Crushing a bit on Stalin with his powerful facial hair, but maybe OK with a monarchy if Elsa ran it. That's perfectly normal.

But seriously capitalism has worked exceptionally well. It is unequal. That's true. And there's a bit of a hang up there psychologically. You can give somebody everything they want...but then if you give their neighbor all that and a little more, now the first person is feeling bad. I think that's what's going on with capitalism in the west, despite the fact that, if you're reading this, you probably ARE the global 1%, or very close. Using a machine that probably cost a serious fraction of, if not more than, the median income for the world, probably made in China with their "Communist Party" leadership by someone who is much much poorer than you are, and those are the moderately lucky ones in that country.

Lemmi see if I can Google up some numbers. Ah, here's something short and interesting.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-live-U-S.html

Oh, and for some fun give this a try:
    http://www.globalrichlist.com/
    Last edited by sunnyside; 01-15-2015 at 10:36 PM.

10. Likes Cross Avantgarde, Astral_Mage liked this post
    Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Yea... because that went well for the one President that was a Nuclear Engineer...
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

12. Likes Cross Avantgarde liked this post
    🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

Having g a high IQ won't necessarily make them a better leader. Power tends to go to one's head. Not to mention the fat check they get to turn a blind eye to certain things.

My mood on a daily basis

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Fine then we can do some positive/Negative reinforcement. We elect the president for life. Then every three or four years we have a vote. If his approval rating is above 50% he gets $1 from everyone who gave him a positive response. If it drops below 50% he gets a caning or whipping for every 10 or 20 people who don't like him.

That is incentive. As things stand the guy has no real downside for failure. And remember, he's a volunteer.

Apply same to all elected officials as a whole, both houses having to take same punishment or reward.

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

all of your ideas are horrible and the president is not a volunteer, he gets paid.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Where are the flaws? There are no functioning nice ways to fix a government

Admittedly my real plans involve me ruling the world as its unquestioned overlord... but that's later

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information