“Gee, it sure is pretty outside when its snowing.”, mumbled Yoh as he sat under a tree, watching the snow fall.
Amidamaru silently nodded in agreeance and floated down to rest on top of a gravestone.
“You know, Amidamaru,” said Yoh, breaking the serene silence that had filled the cemetery, “I miss Dr. Faust sometimes. Do you ever think about him?”
“Yoh-dono, you’re a shaman. You can summon Dr. Faust at any time, so theres no reason to miss him.”
“No, no. I mean when he was alive. I know he’s still around, but its different now.”
“What do you mean?”
“Well, when he was alive, even when he allied with us to fight Hao in the tournament, I always felt this uneasiness around him. Like he always was trying to keep me on my toes.”
“Dr. Faust wasn’t the most pleasant fellow to be around, thats true.”
“But at the same time, he made me feel very comfortable. It was a weird feeling, but I knew I could trust him with anything, ya know?”
“Yes, Yoh-dono. I understand how you feel.”
Silence fell on Funbari Hill once again. The snow fell softly onto the granite prayer stones and the glow of city lights could be seen in the distance.
The tranquility was broken by a soft humming in the distance. Yoh turned curiously towards the noise just in time to be hit in the head with a wooden spoon.
“Owwww!” yelped Yoh, as he rubbed the newly formed bump on the top of his head.
“You deserved it, slacker.”, said a very firm and familiar voice.
“What in the…”, muttered Yoh as he stood up and turned around.
Anna was walking up the path in the graveyard to where Yoh and Amidamaru had been sitting.
“Oh-oh! Hi, Anna! I was just..uh..”, said a scrambled Yoh, as he scratched the back of his head.
“You were just UH what, Yoh? Waiting for it to rain lollipops and unicorns?”
“No, no, haha...Amidamaru and I were just watching the snow fall up here. Its very peaceful.”
“Oh its peaceful, is it? Well maybe YOU can bring peace to my grumbling stomach who has been empty and waiting for dinner for TWO HOURS?”, shouted a furious Anna.
Yoh had totally forgotten to cook dinner that night. He knew he had screwed up big time.
“Oh, shoot, Anna. I totally forgot about dinner! But liste-”
“You forgot?! I can’t believe you! The nerve of some peopl-”
Yoh pulled out a can of hot cocoa that he had been keeping warm in his jacket pocket.
“Here, Anna. Take this. I got it for you”, said Yoh calmly as he handed the can to his fiancee.
Anna looked at Yoh’s extended hand that was clutching the hot cocoa. Then she looked up at Yoh. His face was innocent and sweet. Then Yoh gave her his boyish grin that Anna could never resist. Anna acted like she begrudgingly snatched the can from Yoh’s hand, but in reality, she just wanted to intertwine her fingers with her fiancee's.
But she would never tell him that.
“I’ll drink it on the way home. But right now, you better pray this cocoa keeps my stomach from strangling you.”
Yoh nervously laughed. “Haha..I think I’ll be ok this time.”
“Cmon, lazy donkey!”, shouted Anna as she walked back down the path towards their house and sipped her cocoa.
Yoh meekly followed her as Amidamaru floated alongside him.