I just finished a movie I stumbled upon, 'Hal the Movie'. Its a year old already, having been released June 8, 2013. From IMDB:

Kurumi struggles with the loss of her boyfriend, Hal, and shuts herself off from the world. She remains a recluse until an android is made to look like Hal and sent to help her cope.

The movie is an hour long, so its a nice little watch. However, there is very little character development for anyone other than Hal.

The pacing is good, the visuals are well done, but I feel the backstory was lacking. I suppose it cant be help for an hour movie.

In the last few minutes of the movie, a twist is revealed. It wasnt something I was expecting, but was very cliche.

Hal isnt the android. After he and Kurumi have a fight, she dies in a plane crash. Unable to cope, Hal believes he is an android made to look like himself in order to help the *real* android, made to look like Kurumi, cope with the death of their loved one. In trying to help her, he starts to remember his own humanity and pulls himself out of his depression, finally letting go of his lost love.

If youre looking to watch a touching story of loss without wanting to cry over it, this is the movie for you. Characters are just deep enough to feel a small emotional connection to them without too much emotional investment.

I rate it a 6.8/10