AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Rain

Silenced By Censorship Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 12:04 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Okay, before you all start in on O NOES!! LOLOLOLOZ!!!!111!!! It don't mach!!!

Allow me the benefit of explaination; please.

You know those days to where the weatherman says that it's going to be a certain percent of rain? You look outside and see not a cloud one in the sky? For gits & shiggles you grab your umbrella JUST IN CASE? Okay, so there you are walking along when it happens. SUDDEN O HOLY CHRIST RAINSTORM! Then, it's over-- just that quickly. The black storm of death that dropped fifteen inches in two seconds is over. Well, not over per se, but abating. The sun is coming out even though it's still raining? Yeah, that's the feel I'm going for on this one. She was caught out in the cataclysmic storm, ran to the nearest shelter even after her umbrella broke and is having a nice little laugh about it. Of course, now that she's got shelter, the storm is letting up.

Are you following me? Re-read over that just in case before you click on the wallpaper.

Now then, are you sure you're following me? Good, what needs to be fixed?
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Now this, this I fly with pride.

Silenced By Censorship Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

In case you're wondering what all I did-- the original images.

The bus stop:
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

And the girl:

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I dun like real life photography with Anime. But I like teh concept!! I'm not so very good at critiquing. But I like the concept. The way the girl general looks makes me understand that she just came into shelter from the rain. Which is exactly what you said. :^_^: I think it's good.

I just thought to myself. Maybe you could try to blur up the girl in the same fashion as the background to make them match more? XD

Guardian and Protector WeyrDragon will become famous soon enough WeyrDragon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2005 06:21 PM
    Threads

ok, the real/anime blend is just... well, in my opinion it just really isnt working, theres an extreme contrast between the two, another problem... shes soaking and theres actually still quite a bit of rain coming down but nothing else is wet, very peculiar weather id say that only gets people wet :P j/k. and the bg itself even in its contrast just gives the whole picture that feeling of being extremely busy.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Originally posted by WeyrDragon@Aug 17 2004, 10:26 PM
    ok, the real/anime blend is just... well, in my opinion it just really isnt working, theres an extreme contrast between the two, another problem... shes soaking and theres actually still quite a bit of rain coming down but nothing else is wet, very peculiar weather id say that only gets people wet :P j/k. and the bg itself even in its contrast just gives the whole picture that feeling of being extremely busy.

Guardian and Protector WeyrDragon will become famous soon enough WeyrDragon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

if your doing that to infer that i didnt read over and understand your original explanation of the wallpaper your wrong, maybe you dont understand what im saying... no matter what amount of rain there is, its gonna show up on the sidewalk and buildings whereas besides the girl absolutely nothing in the picture looks wet or as if theres been any rain at all.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Originally posted by WeyrDragon@Aug 18 2004, 12:20 AM
    if your doing that to infer that i didnt read over and understand your original explanation of the wallpaper your wrong, maybe you dont understand what im saying... no matter what amount of rain there is, its gonna show up on the sidewalk and buildings whereas besides the girl absolutely nothing in the picture looks wet or as if theres been any rain at all.
    Maybe the area's she's in is just now starting to rain? Notice that the sun IS out. Dunno about you, but I noticed that when the sun is out it tends to stay drier for some odd reason. *shrug* Eh, still gonna tweak on this some more.

Senior Member souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2015 03:04 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I <3 the concept, but the background just isn&#39;t working. Great extraction onthe character, and also great job on the rain. But the background doesn&#39;t fit. I think this could be a reeaaallllly nice wallie if the background is changed&#33; Other than that, it&#39;s perfect.

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

The concept is great but the realization of it is really bad.
    The bg, it doesn&#39;t look right it&#39;s too ... strange ..., also the rain, it&#39;s too sharp, I&#39;ve never seen such rain in my life (neither in anime), everything is so unatural.

Senior Member escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2009 07:58 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I like the rain effect. Maybe you should add a small puddle of where she is standing..I mean to make it a little convincing that she is really really wet even though she had an unbrella. ^^ By the way I love the side walk and the way the curb is on that angle and you have your name there flatten. Looks cool. I like the wallpaper too.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Originally posted by escaflownemoon@Aug 18 2004, 01:56 PM
    I like the rain effect. Maybe you should add a small puddle of where she is standing..I mean to make it a little convincing that she is really really wet even though she had an unbrella. ^^ By the way I love the side walk and the way the curb is on that angle and you have your name there flatten. Looks cool. I like the wallpaper too.
    I have a small puddle under her. Maybe I should bring out the opacity some more? Or... better yet, what should I do to make it look like a puddle?

Also, to everyone else-- I&#39;m not trying to be rude, and thanks for the critiques, but... The BG doesn&#39;t do it for y&#39;all, then what do you suggest? I mean, seriously. The fact that she&#39;s holding an umbrella tells me that&#39;s she&#39;s coming in out of the rain. I could really use some ideas instead of just saying it&#39;s not any good. Again. I&#39;m not trying to be rude here but a little feedback other than it doesn&#39;t work would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, esca, should I bring out the puddle under her some more, and what do you think I should do to make it look more like a puddle?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

lol, well i guess people are indirectly saying "get rid of the real bg and find or create an animeish one to use instead"

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Okay, I&#39;ve used the burn brush on the BG and tried to make the concrete look as wet as possible.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

that looks better.

Senior Member asher_aj_wei is on a distinguished road asher_aj_wei's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2005 11:06 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Looks bad to me. It&#39;s a brave attempt I must admit but it doesn&#39;t look good to me at all. I&#39;d explain more in detail but I gotta log out of my school computer in 5 minutes.

☃ Snowmen! ☃ MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2013 08:59 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

the idea is great, but the real life bg does not fit her - as someone said, extreme contrast. its too sharp and of low quality :&#092; i can only suggest to play around with brush stroke/artistic filters in PS (not just one, several on diff. layers) to make the bg more drawing-like.

In need of a dose of ARIA.
    In need of a ticket to Neo-Venezia.

Ivanova is god.

Senior Member escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2009 07:58 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

The puddle looks ok but still it seems rather like blue water..than clear water know what I mean? It should look transparent with the concrete but without making it look like a shadow. This is hard..I&#39;ve never made clear water before so I can&#39;t really help you there.

Closed Thread

Thread Information