AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: What's your take on conspiracy theories?

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

Default What's your take on conspiracy theories?

So what do you think about conspiracy theories? Do you believe any of them? Does the Illuminati control all? Or is that the responsibility of the Skull and Bones Society? Did Nazi Germany experiment with time travel and teleportation? Was 9/11 an inside job? Is Osama Bin Laden really dead? Are there caches of gold and silver hidden throughout the US by the Knights of the Golden Circle for a civil uprising? Or is it all a bunch of crap made up by people who do too many drugs?

Discuss.

My mood on a daily basis

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2024 05:34 PM
    Threads

Default Re: What's your take on conspiracy theories?

If a conspiracy theory is any good.. we don't know about it, do we? It's like the Matrix or the Truman SHow really. Here's a book http://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Wisdom...KK4R3X5ZG29BVX

Last edited by Clayton_n; 09-09-2014 at 04:18 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

Lol, so many people are ignoring this thread...must be some sort of conspiracy.

My mood on a daily basis

4. Likes Cross Avantgarde liked this post
    Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

For the most part conspiracy theories do seem to be flimsy at best, and often leads one to, as Thomas More put it, grasp at straws. Even so, it is undeniable that some conspiracy theories turned out to be true given the accumulation of enough time and evidence. Granted, these validated conspiracy theories are overwhelmingly tame in nature when compared to some of the ones you mentioned in the first post.

To use one example, in 20th century America there were many who claimed that companies who sold and used asbestos extensively were covering up the adverse health effects that stem from human exposure to asbestos. It turns out that they were right in claiming that companies knew about certain risks due to exposure to asbestos, but the extent of the companies’cover up is still not totally known outside of the fact that they knew much about the risks but still used asbestos regularly.

Again, the conspiracy theories that turned out to be true were altogether more believable than many of the ones that have yet to hold water. Any evidence brought against said theories are usually dismissed with statements such as, “Oh yes, that’s what they want you to believe,” which furthers their belief in an overall conspiracy. I gave one example of a validated conspiracy theory, so let me provide one example of a debunked (well,debunked as far as I can tell the evidence leads) one.

A US journalist, Michael Hastings, frequently wrote articles targeting the nature of the US government’s use of surveillance. When he died suddenly in a car accident, some claimed that his death was actually a murder due to his opposition to the government’s tactics, which soon became a full blown conspiracy theory. His wife, Elise Jordan (a journalist herself), told everyone that all such claims were overblown and simply untrue, and that it was simply an accident. Yet it seems that even this is not enough to satiate the conspiracy theorists’ search for fodder, as this can simply be written off as further “evidence” that the death has been covered up and that Jordan is being forced to say this. It should be kept in mind that some television personalities who are about as well-known as Hastings (or less, in some cases) criticize the government for the same thing, though often with a dose of humor added, and nothing of the sort seems to happen to them.

It seems, then, that though some of the tamer conspiracy theories have been validated (a very small amount given the sheer bulk of all the theories floating around out there), the stranger ones almost always seem to be just that and nothing more. For someone who believes the truth is stranger than fiction, I would much rather these individuals focus on the evident things that need to be addressed as opposed to rampant speculation.
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 09-10-2014 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Spacing

souless dreamer dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2015 01:18 AM
    Threads

here are some topics to research

DARPA ELECTRONIC TELEPATHY AND SYNTHETIC MEMORY

HAARP (GLOBAL HIGH FREQUENCY ACTIVE AURORAL RESEARCH PROGRAM) IONOSPHERE HEATERS
    HYDRO ACOUSTIC SONIC FLAIR

RECORDING DREAMS

SIOUX STAR CHIEF

CORONAL HOLES IN SUN

ENERGY IN STONES AND THE EARTH GRID

ANTI MATTER AND THE GOD PARTICLE

BLACK BOX FOUND FLOATING IN SPACE

NIBIRU OR PLANET X
    THE ANUNNAKI
    Last edited by dragoninja; 12-23-2014 at 02:32 AM.

beauty in us all
    everyone the same
    everything changes
    love is all you need
    peace happyness and wizdom forever
    music heals the soul
    learn something new everyday
    experience life
    live free

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

i don't buy into them. the one about the illuminati is especially stupid, if the governments of our world are so inept and corrupt (especially America's), and they're supposed to represent the "most qualified" part of of our citizenry to make decisions on our behalf, then how am i supposed to belief that there's a group of individuals anywhere on this planet with the capability to make decisions on a global scale, without any oversight? people are too stupid. there is no ghost organization full of super-intelligent, power-hungry folks that bend the world to their will.

Senior Member kristaok is on a distinguished road kristaok's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2014 09:28 AM
    Threads

I believe in them, of course I weigh the evidence and then form an opinion.

For instance there is WAY too much evidence that proves our government killed over 3,000 of their own people on 9/11 for oil.

I'm on a cell so I won't get too deep but I also believe that the CDC along with the cancer industry are jokes, they're evil greedy people.

I'm anti vaccination, anti chemo, pure poisons...

I believe in the Illuminati, haarp, false flag attacks, nothing surprises me anymore. This world is corrupt but it was already predicted.

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

Quote Originally Posted by kristaok View Post
    I believe in them, of course I weigh the evidence and then form an opinion.

For instance there is WAY too much evidence that proves our government killed over 3,000 of their own people on 9/11 for oil.
    you HAVE to be fcking kidding me. all "evidence" for the U.S. government masterminding 9/11 can be so easily debunked.

"That didn't sound like a plane to me, it sounded like a missile!"

because random people in the street are the best judges of how an airliner sounds versus a missile.

"Steel doesn't melt at the temperatures produced by ignited jet fuel!"

no, but it does lose a great amount of structural integrity.

"The government is behind it all!"

so you're saying that the Bush administration, who couldn't orchestrate their way out of a wet paper bag, orchestrated the biggest cover-up in America's history, involving innumerable government officials, military personnel and emergency workers? these a$$holes couldn't even keep the fact that we torture people a secret, and you think they're gonna keep THAT under wraps?

people like you are just unbelievable.

Senior Member AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2024 12:28 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: DesuMaiden

Some conspiracy theories have been disproven (like most of the ones that Alex Jones advocates). On the other hand, many other conspiracy theories have been proven as conspiracy facts like the ones advocated by Michael Ruppert on peak oil.
    My name is Desu__Maiden. I like stupid sexual jokes, just because I'm really a huge pervert. OMG, I could finally admit it. Pay my posts no attention.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

too much headache about stuff that really doesn't interest me. Simple as that.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Senior Member AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2024 12:28 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: DesuMaiden

I don't deal with conspiracy theory. I deal with conspiracy fact. Here's an example of such conspiracy facts.

My name is Desu__Maiden. I like stupid sexual jokes, just because I'm really a huge pervert. OMG, I could finally admit it. Pay my posts no attention.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2024 05:34 PM
    Threads

There is no such thing.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go put some chemicals int he water supply. all hail the Illuminati.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 12-17-2014 at 04:17 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

souless dreamer dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2015 01:18 AM
    Threads

illuminaten - The members of a "secret" society of freethinkers and republicans that flourished in Germany in the late 18th century. The Freemasons.
    The only contaminants in the water supply are chlorine, haloacetic acids, barium,fluoride,nitrate, total coliform, beta/photon emitters, radium, and uranium.

beauty in us all
    everyone the same
    everything changes
    love is all you need
    peace happyness and wizdom forever
    music heals the soul
    learn something new everyday
    experience life
    live free

Closed Thread

Thread Information