Welcome to our first Anime Forum site banner contest!
Are you tired of looking at the same banners in rotation that have been there longer than you've been a member of Anime Forum? Possibly longer than you've been alive? Do you want to change that and get possibly rewarded for doing so? If so you've come to the right place!
Monday September 1st 2014
Keep in mind that due to the fact that the banners are submitted with intentions to be put into the banner rotation sadly this contest will have to be quality controlled heavily. Do not fear however; I can help you iron out any quality issues with submissions but you'll only until the deadline to fix these errors. (So try to submit early but don't rush). Because your banner may be asked to make changes I strongly recommend you keep a .PSD of your banner until I have tested & approved it for the contest.
SOME approved submissions will be guaranteed a spot in AF's banner rotation. Unfortunately due to quality control not all banners approved for contest will be approved for the site. The winner will have their banner frozen at the top of AF for 1 week starting from the time they are announced as the winner. Meaning no other banner will display on AF except the winning banner for all to see. After a week normal banner rotations will start which will include the normal banners + banner rotation approved banners from contest. *
The winner MAY also receive in addition to their banner being highlighted:
*Spotlight article in Forum Announcements as well as an article under "Site News" on www.AnimeGlobe.com
*A gift Certificate? (This prize is entry oriented. 5 or less accepted entries no certificate will be rewarded. If 6 or more entries are approved a $20 Amazon Gift Certificate will be rewarded to the winner.)
Banner Submission Rules
(Read carefully as some things are different than the normal banner submission rules)
- You must add the AnimeForum.com name/link on it, well visible.
- No fan art! Only original anime art is accepted (either is a screen cap from anime, an art book, or a scan from original artist, manga is allowed)
- Non-anime/game/manga related banners are NOT allowed.
- No Hentai OR Ecchi
- Accepted formats are JPG & PNG ONLY.
- Your submission you have to provide the character's full name (all of them present in the banner) and the anime/manga/game/etc. they are from.
- Only one submission per person
- This thread is for submissions and questions only. Each post without a submission or a question posted will be deleted and depending of the moderator's decision, the user may receive an infraction. Comments will be allowed in the results thread;
- Banner size is 900px in width and 122px in height ... tho, for right displaying, it's divided in 3 slices/parts:
- Left part: 750px x 122px,
- Center part: 5px x 122px (this is the so called repeating part, for bigger resolutions),
- Right part: 145px x 122px (the farest right one).
How To: Create the banner to our size & display specifications
Below is the directions to use slices via Photoshop as well as the downloadable pre-sliced banner template.
The slices are already set (made using Photoshop CS2; when opening in older versions the slices may disappear, but the guides should be still there) -> in this case, export the banner to Image Reaedy -> go to Slices -> Create slices from Guides -> export back to PhotoShop and continue the work).
Can be found here:
Use it as a base for your banners, just delete the excessive layers, and add your own.
For saving do the following: export the slices, using the "save for web" export -> saving the whole html, the slices will be in the “images” folder
Click below on how your submission should look!
For art resources such as Stocks, Extractions, Programs to use, Fonts Please visit the Resources sub forum.
By entering, you are giving the Anime Globe Productions LLC irrevocable right to use your entry through site promotion and so on (Artists will still be credited).