AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Japanese lyrics test

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Kashiro is on a distinguished road Kashiro's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2014 12:13 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Japanese lyrics test

Hi, I apologise if this is the wrong section but it has been about 3 weeks since I submitted the Japanese lyrics test results. I'm really curious about the results and would really like to know how I did or what I can improve on. I understand that the admins are busy but I look forward to your comments ^^

桜流し
    Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Hello Kitty Neko Tv Bonsai Tree
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2014 02:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aozorapen

Default Re: Japanese lyrics test

It's all right! Yeah, real life can get busy. ^^ I'll mention them here and hopefully they'll see this. (:

@AzureDark @bluepenguin

「そんな顔をしないで。また会えるよ、シンジ君」
    ---

もう二度と会えないなんて信じられない
    まだ何も伝えてない
    まだ何も伝えてない

I'm sorry (not) sorry.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    bluepenguin has much to be proud of bluepenguin has much to be proud of bluepenguin has much to be proud of bluepenguin has much to be proud of bluepenguin has much to be proud of bluepenguin has much to be proud of bluepenguin has much to be proud of bluepenguin has much to be proud of bluepenguin has much to be proud of bluepenguin has much to be proud of bluepenguin's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2014 04:38 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Working on it! Sorry, I have a full-time job and freelance on the side and I get a bit swamped.

Kashiro is on a distinguished road Kashiro's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2014 12:13 AM
    Threads

Thank you so much for taking time to do this! ^^

Bast is on a distinguished road Bast's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2014 12:12 PM
    Threads

Hello, I figured I'd just piggyback onto this thread instead of starting a new one, since I've been waiting for my test to get graded too. I got my results back, and didn't pass, but the comments given were mainly that the lines weren't deliniated clearly enough.

Is there a specified time limit I should wait before I try again, or can I try to resubmit it right away?

I was actually a little worried when I went back and re-read my translation the day after I submitted it, that the one part that was pointed out in the comments didn't quite flow as nicely as I would've liked it, but I'd already submitted the results.

桜流し
    Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Hello Kitty Neko Tv Bonsai Tree
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2014 02:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aozorapen

You can probably just re-submit after you've made your corrections to it, there isn't really a clearly indicated time limit.

「そんな顔をしないで。また会えるよ、シンジ君」
    ---

もう二度と会えないなんて信じられない
    まだ何も伝えてない
    まだ何も伝えてない

I'm sorry (not) sorry.

Bast is on a distinguished road Bast's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2014 12:12 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by 玲華. View Post
    You can probably just re-submit after you've made your corrections to it, there isn't really a clearly indicated time limit.
    Alright, I've revised the new version to more "Englishy" this time, even though by doing so it was necessary to insert a word here and there, or use an idiom that wasn't technically in the original.

Hopefuly this version reads better than the previous one

AnimeLyrics Admin
    bluepenguin has much to be proud of bluepenguin has much to be proud of bluepenguin has much to be proud of bluepenguin has much to be proud of bluepenguin has much to be proud of bluepenguin has much to be proud of bluepenguin has much to be proud of bluepenguin has much to be proud of bluepenguin has much to be proud of bluepenguin has much to be proud of bluepenguin's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2014 04:38 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Bast View Post
    Hello, I figured I'd just piggyback onto this thread instead of starting a new one, since I've been waiting for my test to get graded too. I got my results back, and didn't pass, but the comments given were mainly that the lines weren't deliniated clearly enough.

Is there a specified time limit I should wait before I try again, or can I try to resubmit it right away?

I was actually a little worried when I went back and re-read my translation the day after I submitted it, that the one part that was pointed out in the comments didn't quite flow as nicely as I would've liked it, but I'd already submitted the results.
    Yes, as @玲華. says, you can go ahead and resubmit as soon as you want! In some cases, when it's clear the test-taker has a long way to go with grammar or whatnot, I would recommend waiting a little longer, but if you get a rejection along the lines of "this was almost there but the lines were too disconnected," then taking a second stab at it right away makes sense.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information