AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Doom 3

Senior Member Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2010 11:12 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

So yeah, I bought Doom 3 the other day for the PC and the graphics are insane. A good number of people won't even be able to enjoy this amazing game because of the requirements it needs to run at a respectable level. I'm running a P4 2.8 GHZ with 512 KB 400MHZ DDR RAM with an NVidia GForce FX 5700 256MB video card and I STILL get a bit of chop sometimes.

The amount of detail in this game is coma inducing. Not to mention that it's pretty frightening. It's incredible.

So, if you think your comp can handle this beast, seriously think about picking it up. If not, wait till it comes out for Xbox (though I doubt the Xbox can reproduce some of the graphical elements found in the PC version....my god, the real-time lighting effects...)

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wha? Doom 3 is out? I really am behind the times.

Of course, I don't own a X-Box or a high end gaming PC, so it doesn't really matter for me...
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Plastic Weasel Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-05-2006 08:21 PM
    Threads

thats why i play at games at PC clubs!

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. "

-Ted Geisel aka. Dr. Suess

Close the world, txEn eht nepO

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

The single player mode is really cool, and the graphics really are stunning. Sadly, the multiplayer mode isn't all that special though.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Junior Member Teknoranger Teknoranger's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2004 03:33 AM
    Threads

my computer took one look at doom 3 and went *MUNCH MUNCH*

seriously though the new generation of GFX cards due this game real justice (I use a Redeon X800 pro)
    "I can program a computer and choose the perfect time; if you have got the information I have got the crime"

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Heh, can always do like NASA and build a 10240 CPU cluster.

10240 processors ought to be enough for anyone

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:12 AM
    Threads

That's the problem with developers these days, they all want graphics! more! better! and don't realize that most people still have a750 MZH, I mean, I can name 3 friends already! And I only have 1GHZ.
    RPG bios (click for more info):

Plastic Weasel Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i played it at a pc club lastnight.
    holy crap that thing is a trip!!
    graphics are reeeally nice.
    and its actually pretty creapy.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. "

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by red storm@Aug 10 2004, 06:33 AM
    That's the problem with developers these days, they all want graphics! more! better! and don't realize that most people still have a750 MZH, I mean, I can name 3 friends already! And I only have 1GHZ.
    Well you must not hang with the right crowd. I have 2.99 GHz, 512 MB ram, and a 128 MB video card and all my friends have much better systems.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-19-2008 02:15 PM
    Threads

doom needing a really good grafixs card is surpriseing? i remember back whean the first doom came out no one i knew could run it. if you were like me you had to settel for wolfinstein 3-d which was awsome but no doom.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2004 06:01 PM
    Threads

How would I know... It'll probably run at about 1.5FPS on my machine since it doesn't like ATI cards so I'm not getting it. -painfully sits and waits for HL2, about the last game that will run well on a Radeon 9800 series card-

The past... The Present... The Future...

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Originally posted by Manhatten_Project_2000+Aug 11 2004, 09:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Manhatten_Project_2000 @ Aug 11 2004, 09:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-red storm@Aug 10 2004, 06:33 AM
    That&#39;s the problem with developers these days, they all want graphics&#33; more&#33; better&#33; and don&#39;t realize that most people still have a750 MZH, I mean, I can name 3 friends already&#33; And I only have 1GHZ.
    Well you must not hang with the right crowd. I have 2.99 GHz, 512 MB ram, and a 128 MB video card and all my friends have much better systems. [/b][/quote]
    Wich only means that you have rich friends that can afoord that stuff

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Actually, they&#39;re pretty poor. They just 1) Have jobs. 2) Shop Around and 3) Build Their own PC&#39;s.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ah... that explains a lot, I have a cousin who does that.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

<- 1 little complaint

y the hell is everyone in that game shiney?&#33;

ok, that is all

Senior Member Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

their shiney because the grafics engine is light sensitive meaning id their loght in a derection their will be a shine or shadow on the character models. btw what system did doom 2 come out from?

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:24 AM
    Threads

DOS?

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

dos? what does that mean?

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Disk
    Operating
    System

Its what everyone used before Windows 95 (except for OS&#39;s from people like Apple). Its got about a billion different versions, and only computerphiles like PikuNe can actually bother to use it anymore. My brain Explodes just from using DOSBox.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:24 AM
    Threads

DOS si t3h win&#33; Everyone with some basic comp lit. would be able to use dos.. I was like 6 when I was using it hardcore :wub:

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I could do some basic stuff. Play a game or two, scandisk, bring up Dosshell, that sort of thing. But mostly, DOS was big, scary and evil. Rarely did I wander from Windows 3.11.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

sounds retarded plus no one told me what system doom 2 came out for. and mp2000 yeah i know i have to change that blurb on my sig.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My Athlon Xp has rendered 2 frames of Doom 3. It has taken roughly a week x.x; Will probably build a better machine this winter though =)

Doom2 was for DOS (Early PC), It uses the same engine as Doom so you can pretty much run it on anything newer then a 386 with 4 mb ram. Doom ran fluently on my old 486 SX, 33 MHz, 16 Mb ram.

I could do some basic stuff. Play a game or two, scandisk, bring up Dosshell, that sort of thing. But mostly, DOS was big, scary and evil. Rarely did I wander from Windows 3.11.
    What dimension are you from again? I used DOS more then windows when i was like 10. Windows 3.11 scared me though.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Admitingly 3.11 sucked. I was like 7. After playing a game of SkiFree I would go off to watch TMNT. 7 year olds don&#39;t have refined tastes. Now, Windows 95, that just kicked donkey, pure and simple.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I ran windows 95 on a 486 SX. It did not kick anything. Atleast not for the first 45 mintues of booting.

Closed Thread

Thread Information