AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Girl, 16, fatally stabbed on day of prom at Conn. high school

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Girl, 16, fatally stabbed on day of prom at Conn. high school

MILFORD, Conn. - Just hours before her junior prom, a 16-year-old girl was stabbed to death inside a Connecticut high school Friday morning. Police said that a 16-year-old boy has been taken into custody.
    Link: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/girl-16-...t-high-school/

No.

Why are they discussing how “great of a kid” he was? How he was strange, but never dangerous? How no one saw it coming even though he was obsessed with her for two freaking years.

He brought a knife with him to school that day.

He brought a knife with him that day, knowing good and damn well he would ask her to prom. He knew, when he brought that knife with him, that she would turn him down due to being in a relationship.
    You asked a girl in a committed relationship out on a date, and then got angry and “snapped” when she acted on the fact that she was in a committed relationship and said no, instead of miraculously going against it and saying yes to you.

But we all know he didn’t really snap. No, not when he packed the murder weapon on you ahead of time. Not when he cornered her during a low traffic time. Not when he knew she was seeing someone. Not when he knew she’d say no. No, he knew what would happen, but felt so entitled to her and her body that when she dared to say no, he felt justified in taking her life so that no one else could have her.

But the media talks about his model family? How he was strange but funny and happy and a class clown who enjoyed making others laugh? How he was a nice guy? How devastated his family is?

His? The attacker? The murderer? The one who felt so entitled to someone just because he liked her that he felt justified in stabbing her because she dared to tell him no?

What about her? What about her family, who has to live day in and day out with the fact that this boy felt so entitled to their child that he felt entitled to determine whether she lived or died? What about them, who have to move forward without seeing her because some rude, selfish, evil thing couldn’t take the word no and planned to kill her as soon as he heard it? What about them?

You don’t get to stab an innocent girl in the neck and have the media humanize you. I don’t care if you were a little depressed now and then, I don’t care if you have ADD. No one cares that you seemed to be a well adjusted, cheerful kid and that your actions were “so unexpected.”

You MURDERED someone for refusing your advances.

The media needs to STOP humanizing this evil, dangerous, selfish thing. It’s what’s wrong with the world.

2. Thanks DeathBlade/13.666 thanked for this post
    Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Girl, 16, fatally stabbed on day of prom at Conn. high school

He may of been "great" before the action of killing this poor girl, but now IMO he is just evil. Getting turned down is no excuse for stabbing anyone. Actually, there is no reason in this world to kill something else. Be it human OR animal. I can understand humans not getting along all the time, but can't we live in a more peaceful world?
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

~Neko Neko Neko~ KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Cookie Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Movie Ticket Mercedes-Benz Green Tea
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2022 09:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Essentially, this kid is a psychopath. Psychopaths plan everything out before acting.

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meenah View Post
    But the media talks about his model family? How he was strange but funny and happy and a class clown who enjoyed making others laugh? How he was a nice guy? How devastated his family is?
    Oh gee, the media is showing media. What other horrors can they levy on the masses?
    You don’t get to stab an innocent girl in the neck and have the media humanize you. I don’t care if you were a little depressed now and then, I don’t care if you have ADD. No one cares that you seemed to be a well adjusted, cheerful kid and that your actions were “so unexpected.”
    Oh, please, this isn't new. I don't see you complaining about all the "humanization" of moms that murder or attempt to murder their kids.

And I don't know what OP was watching because it clearly isn't what she linked to. The linked story doesn't talk about the boy at all.

Could you please provide some justification for your attitude because it looks like you're just looking for a reason to whine.
    Last edited by Anoleis; 05-02-2014 at 09:54 PM.

7. Likes DeathBlade/13.666 liked this post
    Dislikes blueangel06661, Anime Forum, Qoco disliked this post
    Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anoleis View Post
    And I don't know what OP was watching because it clearly isn't what she linked to. The linked story doesn't talk about the boy at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Police said that a 16-year-old boy has been taken into custody.
    CBS New York reports that a boy stabbed Maren Sanchez because she wouldn't go to Friday night's prom with him, according to a student at the high school.
    The name of the arrested 16-year-old has not been released because of juvenile offender laws.
    Linked in that article there is another article.

Quote Originally Posted by Other Article
    Sixteen-year-old Christopher Plaskon is charged with murdering fellow student Maren Sanchez, 16, just hours before prom on April 25 in a stairwell of Jonathan Law High School, in New Haven County.
    According to the station, Plaskon will be prosecuted as an adult. He was arraigned earlier this week as a juvenile while in an undisclosed hospital facility for a psychiatric evaluation.
    While no motive has been released in the stabbing, police are looking into speculation that Plaskon was upset after Sanchez refused his invitation to that night's prom, reports WFSB.
    Plaskon is being held on a $3 million bond, according to the station. He is on suicide watch.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh gee, the media is showing media. What other horrors can they levy on the masses?

Oh, please, this isn't new. I don't see you complaining about all the "humanization" of moms that murder or attempt to murder their kids.

Could you please provide some justification for your attitude because it looks like you're just looking for a reason to whine.
    Ew. Such bad taste. Typical.

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrus View Post
    Linked in that article there is another article.
    Which, again, doesn't describe anything the OP does.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu Oshino View Post
    Ew. Such bad taste. Typical.
    Yeah, the negative reputation you gave me clearly justifies the OP's irrational response to a news story.
    Last edited by Anoleis; 05-02-2014 at 10:39 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the negative reputation you gave me clearly justifies the OP's irrational response to news story.

Incorrect. The negative reputation was much deserved action for you. I just don't like posts that are negative for no good reason. Its true the girl getting stabbed might not be new in anyway, but I just find the action of derailing a perfectly good thread.. ESPECIALLY one like this, gross. You may find my bad reputation and comment "petty", but I'm fine with petty. At least I don't wake up everyday with your gross attitude. Win for me.

Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Then use Google. Here is another article.

Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Incorrect. The negative reputation was much deserved action for you. I just don't like posts that are negative for no good reason. Its true the girl getting stabbed might not be new in anyway, but I just find the action of derailing a perfectly good thread.. ESPECIALLY one like this, gross. You may find my bad reputation and comment "petty", but I'm fine with petty. At least I don't wake up everyday with your gross attitude. Win for me.
    It's negative for a perfectly good reason; the OP is being a screaming ninny about nothing. There is no media desperately trying to say this was anything other than what is it was. How is it "derailing" a thread to disagree with the OP's point? The OP clearly states her main objection is to how the boy is being represented, not including said representation because we are just supposed to agree with her? No, I come to conclusions based on actual evidence, not unjustified word vomit.

There's a charming level of hilarity when you're reasoning behind defending irrationality is as equally irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrus View Post
    Then use Google. Here is another article.
    Then why not link to it? Why link to the story that isn't an example of what you're talking about? The OP rants about all this unreasonable "humanization" and not taking the victim's family into account, and she can't be bothered to link to it? I did find one story written specifically about the guy from the list you linked. I don't get how this translates to the collective media.
    Last edited by Anoleis; 05-02-2014 at 11:56 PM. Reason: list of stories makes me confus

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

As sad as it is to have to hear about such things happening, Anoleis is right. The media will just be the media on this. Now this is the first I've heard of anyone trying to support or say anything nice about the attacker, still how can I be surprised when people go to bat for anything if the price is right and/or they feel strongly enough. I mean seriously, have you seen have the crap people in the media stick up for or try to demonize? Hannity and Cliven Bundy, Coulter and 9/11 Victims' families, and that's not even the tip of iceberg. Anyone remember when Nancy Grace chastised a woman to the point of suicide, twice?

As Yoko said, might have been a good kid before but somewhere along the lines the boy snapped. And that snap lead to a premeditated murder. Now, I can see him asking the girl out even with her dating someone else, but he should've known about the relationship and respected/known that he would turned down for that reason. It's not like high school relationships are all that secret. Now to what point it was premeditated is my question. Bringing a knife to school is nothing. I did that every day from 7th grade until I graduated. (Still didn't kill anyone.) Still he had to have been planning it at some point. You don't just stab people for turning you down, otherwise I'd be a serial killer on the run. There has to be more to it than that. I saw in one of the articles posted that they're looking into the possibility of boy being the girl's ex, but still it's a bit of a stretch. Psychopath or not, the only thing you can do with an ex is let them go, otherwise you're in jail for something.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    As sad as it is to have to hear about such things happening, Anoleis is right. The media will just be the media on this. Now this is the first I've heard of anyone trying to support or say anything nice about the attacker, still how can I be surprised when people go to bat for anything if the price is right and/or they feel strongly enough. I mean seriously, have you seen have the crap people in the media stick up for or try to demonize? Hannity and Cliven Bundy, Coulter and 9/11 Victims' families, and that's not even the tip of iceberg. Anyone remember when Nancy Grace chastised a woman to the point of suicide, twice?

As Yoko said, might have been a good kid before but somewhere along the lines the boy snapped. And that snap lead to a premeditated murder. Now, I can see him asking the girl out even with her dating someone else, but he should've known about the relationship and respected/known that he would turned down for that reason. It's not like high school relationships are all that secret. Now to what point it was premeditated is my question. Bringing a knife to school is nothing. I did that every day from 7th grade until I graduated. (Still didn't kill anyone.) Still he had to have been planning it at some point. You don't just stab people for turning you down, otherwise I'd be a serial killer on the run. There has to be more to it than that. I saw in one of the articles posted that they're looking into the possibility of boy being the girl's ex, but still it's a bit of a stretch. Psychopath or not, the only thing you can do with an ex is let them go, otherwise you're in jail for something.
    He may be right in terms of what he and you said, but I still don't think its right to attempt to derail a thread that focuses on a girl getting stabbed. Its gross to enter a thread like this with only debating on your mind. OP may of been wrong in terms of logic, but my first reply never directed a comment on that. I may get called petty, but its just who I am. There is a right time to debate and a wrong time. This IMO is a wrong time. Though, other than that. I can't disagree.

Member Nervous is on a distinguished road Nervous's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2014 08:19 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ClassySefa PSN ID: N3ON_Sefa

He may of been "great" before the action of killing this poor girl, but now IMO he is just evil. Getting turned down is no excuse for stabbing anyone. Actually, there is no reason in this world to kill something else. Be it human OR animal. I can understand humans not getting along all the time, but can't we live in a more peaceful world?
    Being a military man, more specifically an infantryman I must disagree with you there. There are plenty of reasons to kill someone. Just think, some terrorist plot was foiled sometime this week because some high speed guys with some high speed equipment far far away put a bullet in someones head. There will always be people who will do crazy things just to hurt others be it on purpose or them being mentally unstable. You will never live in a "peaceful" world, and to be honest it pisses me off whenever I hear someone talk about such a stupid thing. It shows me they're extremely naive and have no idea the amount of work that goes into keeping the world as safe as it is already. No its not perfect, but it could be much much worse.

Its a shame this happened.
    Last edited by Nervous; 05-03-2014 at 08:41 AM.

Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

He may be right in terms of what he and you said, but I still don't think its right to attempt to derail a thread that focuses on a girl getting stabbed.
    I reiterate: How is it "derailing" to disagree with the OP? I do not agree that the boy is being unfairly "humanized" and I have evidence "the media" isn't unfairly humanizing him. Am I just supposed to accept what the OP says without evidence? Did you? Because it looks like you're upset that I used my brain to think for myself.

spoiled for bickering
    Its gross to enter a thread like this with only debating on your mind.
    How do you know what was on my mind? How do my motives invalidate my post?
    Last edited by Anoleis; 05-03-2014 at 09:42 AM. Reason: spoiler

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

He may be right in terms of what he and you said, but I still don't think its right to attempt to derail a thread that focuses on a girl getting stabbed. Its gross to enter a thread like this with only debating on your mind. OP may of been wrong in terms of logic, but my first reply never directed a comment on that. I may get called petty, but its just who I am. There is a right time to debate and a wrong time. This IMO is a wrong time. Though, other than that. I can't disagree.
    And you successfully thwarted my attempt to rerail the topic at hand, a poor girl getting unnecessarily killed because of someone else and they're lust/insanity/loneliness/whateverhaveyou. Not a debate on how one should respond in a thread of this emotional significance.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

@Anoleis thanks for sharing, but I don't really give sh*ts if you agree with me or not. I'm not asking you to agree with me. I'm only giving my say of what I personally feel about the victim.

Huh??? The f*ck are you talking about "complaining"? We're talking about a girl who is killed because this guy can't take rejection. A mother that murder or attempt to murder their children is already bad enough, I know. But so far (I don't recall) making a say about that kind of event going on.

OKAY, fine sir! next time I will put in the right link. Go ahead, crucify me. But I do know what the hell is going on and I don't need a damn article to get the damn picture.

looking for a reason to whine.
    looking for a reason to whine.
    For whose sakes??? Yours?

So if this is whining, I don't f*cking care, I will "whine" and I don't give a sh*t if this will bother you or not.

Senior Member Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Gurren Gurren Dan Gurren Gurren Dan Gurren Gurren Dan
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2015 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I honestly don't care much about the topic, but why does it bother y'all? A story she read piqued her interest and she felt like sharing it with us on Animeforum. I honestly think she should be allowed to do that, without being bombarded with burning bags of dog-poop. So go disembowel yourselves or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by horrendous
    I'm proud of you, son

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Why are they discussing how “great of a kid” he was? How he was strange, but never dangerous? How no one saw it coming even though he was obsessed with her for two freaking years.
    The reason people are saying this is because other people tend to say "there must have been signs", "this could have been avoided", and similar things to blame the community or the family of the perpetrator. So their defense is to say "well, no, we didn't really see this coming".

And I can vouch for that. I have a family member who is mentally unstable, and while it is as clear as day that this is the case now, it was not obvious when I was growing up with this person. It is very easy to look back after the fact and try to find signs or symptoms, but you are really just speculating and using confirmation bias at this point. It only works if you treat everyone like a potential killer, and if you did operate in this fashion you will find a lot of false positives.

You MURDERED someone for refusing your advances.

The media needs to STOP humanizing this evil, dangerous, selfish thing. It’s what’s wrong with the world.
    I'm not sure what you are talking about, because the article you linked doesn't try to humanize the perpetrator or his actions. It was focusing on the tragedy of losing a young student. Did you link the wrong article, or do you think the linked article does not sufficiently demonize the attacker?

I believe the reason why the media is not trying to demonize the murderer is because it is bad journalistic form, and because the murderer is a juvenile.

Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

thanks for sharing, but I don't really give sh*ts if you agree with me or not. I'm not asking you to agree with me. I'm only giving my say of what I personally feel about the victim.

I'm guessing we are ignoring what you actually said in favor of specific parts, because you are not only giving your opinion on the victim.

Huh??? The f*ck are you talking about "complaining"? We're talking about a girl who is killed because this guy can't take rejection. A mother that murder or attempt to murder their children is already bad enough, I know. But so far (I don't recall) making a say about that kind of event going on.
    You're ranting about unfair humanization of people who have done terrible things. Call me literate, but expressing dissatisfaction with something is complaining.

OKAY, fine sir! next time I will put in the right link. Go ahead, crucify me. But I do know what the hell is going on and I don't need a damn article to get the damn picture.
    A little melodramatic, don't you think? And obviously the article you read gave you a different "picture" than the one you linked to. If you want us to empathize, you must put in a bit more effort; especially over the internet.

For whose sakes??? Yours?
    Who is making the claim, and who is responsible for providing evidence for their claim? Screw my sake; evidence is provided so the provider doesn't look like a fool.
    Last edited by Anoleis; 05-03-2014 at 05:27 PM.

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I reiterate: How is it "derailing" to disagree with the OP? I do not agree that the boy is being unfairly "humanized" and I have evidence "the media" isn't unfairly humanizing him. Am I just supposed to accept what the OP says without evidence? Did you? Because it looks like you're upset that I used my brain to think for myself.
    Well, that's certainly an interesting question since it does seem like the real topic here is "The media shouldn't humanize criminals" and the article is meant to be case example of this happening and why it is wrong.

I think that since you came into this topic with an argumentative "you're wrong" nature, it makes it easier for others to say "oh your a dick with an ax to grind" and have others sympathize with that sentiment..

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It isn't that you disagreed with the OP. Actually, feel free to disagree. I really don't care if the OP was right or wrong in this topic. You are most likely right, congratulations on your win! The fact of the matter is that you are often seen as being extremely "dickish" and all around gross person. I stand by that, sorry. Since you are often the forum "dick", it really is difficult to tell whether your just disagreeing with the OP, or just trying to derail a thread. Let's say you weren't trying to derail this thread. Fine, but damn how ugly of a poster do you need to be? Do you ever attempt to seem like a nice person? Its the internet, yes. Though, seriously. Its one thing to disagree. Its something else to post negative remarks towards the said OP.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    And you successfully thwarted my attempt to rerail the topic at hand, a poor girl getting unnecessarily killed because of someone else and they're lust/insanity/loneliness/whateverhaveyou. Not a debate on how one should respond in a thread of this emotional significance.
    I'm sorry. I don't often do that, but this time try to look past it. Pretty please.

Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Let's say you weren't trying to derail this thread.
    It is beyond clear that my responses were on topic. The only reason you're implying otherwise is because you don't want to admit you were wrong. I wasn't at any point derailing, and we are going to say I wasn't.

Fine, but damn how ugly of a poster do you need to be? Do you ever attempt to seem like a nice person? Its the internet, yes. Though, seriously. Its one thing to disagree. Its something else to post negative remarks towards the said OP.
    No, I am not going to gently tell the OP they're being ridiculous. I'm not sorry for calling the OP a screaming ninny (what a cruel slur) because there wasn't any evidence of what they were talking about.
    Last edited by Anoleis; 05-03-2014 at 06:23 PM. Reason: spoiled for bickering

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It is beyond clear that my responses were on topic. The only reason you're implying otherwise is because you don't want to admit you were wrong. I wasn't at any point derailing, and we are going to say I wasn't.

No, I am not going to gently tell the OP they're being ridiculous. I'm not sorry for calling the OP a screaming ninny (what a cruel slur) because there wasn't any evidence of what they were talking about.

..Adds useless spoiler tag.. Now, before we get into the information you stored in your reply.. I must say I am truly amazed to realize you care more about about being right/wrong over being called a gross person. Actually, you have yet to deny it. It could be that you have an ego so strong about being right. It could simply be that you don't care what others think of you. That is fine, but don't expect me to reverse my opinion on that. Now, maybe your intention was not to derail this thread. Actually, at this point I'm no better. I continue to reply to a guy who obviously has issues. Now, don't lump me in with you. I have no problem being wrong. Heck, there are plenty of times I've been wrong. IMO you weren't just disagreeing with the OP though. You were derailing her opinion with your negative post. Am I wrong? Lol, blinded by an ego are we? By the way. There is a huge difference between a slur and being negative. I never even used the word slur.
    Last edited by Anime Forum; 05-03-2014 at 07:27 PM.

Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

..Adds useless spoiler tag..
    Eris requested bickering be spoilered a while ago. I attempted to find the post, but it was a long time ago.

I must say I am truly amazed to realize you care more about about being right/wrong over being called a gross person. Actually, you have yet to deny it. It could be that you have an ego so strong about being right. It could simply be that you don't care what others think of you.
    What others think of me has little to do with the validity of my argument.

That is fine, but don't expect me to reverse my opinion on that.
    If only it mattered.

Now, maybe your intention was not to derail this thread. Actually, at this point I'm no better. I continue to reply to a guy who obviously has issues.
    Did you get your degree in internet psychology from Wikipedia?

IMO you weren't just disagreeing with the OP though. You were derailing her opinion with your negative post.
    Her opinion is what I was disagreeing with. You were the derailing factor when you decided to respond to my tone instead of my argument.

Am I wrong?
    Yes.

Lol, blinded by an ego are we?
    No.

By the way. There is a huge difference between a slur and being negative. I never even used the word slur.
    If ever there was a need for a sarcasm typeface.

Closed Thread

Thread Information