AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The meaning behind Kagome

緑巫女 かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2014 01:18 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: WTF?You kidding me?

Default The meaning behind Kagome

The hiragana spells it かごめ. Which translated flat out has no meaning whatsoever.

Due to the Hitomiko episode in Kanketsu-hen, people have been led to beleive she was named after the Children's game: Kagome, Kagome. But that's not true either. Takahashi-sensei never said that she was ever.

The closest meaning that her name comes up with is "woven basket", so we can take that to mean that Kagome means "woven bamboo pattern." Which is much nicer then the children's game any how.
    I love Inuyasha character Kagome to death, but there are times I just want to beat the girl over the head with a 9 iron.

私は犬夜叉の妻である
    We all must fight; to protect, to survive, to keep alive what we believe in.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Default Re: The meaning behind Kagome

Oooh...wow. This is going to be complicated to explain, but here goes nothing...

"Kagome" is spelled with hiragana throughout the series, however, there is a specific Kanji for her name: 籠目. This kanji comes from 籠目紋 which means "Kagome mon" and refers to the star pattern found in a Kagome lattice, which is where the name "Kagome" comes from.

A Kagome lattice, when woven into a basket, looks like this:

The hexagon or Star of David shape is often called "Kagome".

And although Kagome wasn't named after the game "kagome kagome" her name is most likely a pun on this because the lattice pattern is often used for birdcages and the "kagome kagome" song is about a bird and kids form a ring around the "it" person while playing the game (almost like a cage). Kagome even mentions that she hated her name because of this connection.

So:

"Kagome" comes from "Kagome mon" which is a specific pattern in a "Kagome lattice".
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information