AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Opinion on Anime/Games store rewards system

Junior Member SUUUPPPAAA is on a distinguished road SUUUPPPAAA's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-22-2014 02:07 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Opinion on Anime/Games store rewards system

Okay, I'm sure everyone who's seen my previous thread should hopefully know the deal by now xD. For those who don't, in summary, I'm planning on opening an Anime and Games store in New Jersey in the near future. What I need opinions on now is a rewards system. Rewards systems are essential in a retail environment. It's that much harder to engage customers without one and it's only there to benefit the business and produce frequently returning customers.

I have three structures in mind at the moment, I would like opinions on which one is better, could be improved upon OR one that YOU would like to see. Without further a due:

1) Simplest form - For every certain amount spent, a certain amount is given back. I.E. Customer spends $100 and gets a $5 return in store credit. It's simple, easy but less engaging.

2) Points Rewards - Say every dollar/dollars spent is given a certain amount of points per the store. There is a board of rewards that these points can be spent on. Say 10 points gets you a pack of Magic cards while 100+ may earn you an anime box set/manga etc. It is more engaging as in the customers could work towards a goal and the system is always moving. Items can always be added to the rewards board and "Board Sales" could occur where rewards are lower for the day or week etc.

3) Experience Based System - Every dollar spent earns the customer 1 EXP point. The more the customer spends, the more they gain and eventually LVL UP within the store. The more levels gained, the more perks that customer gets. Keep in mind the first few levels will be easily attainable. I have to generate a LVL curve xD. BUT this is, in my opinion, the most engaging method listed as it could cause the customer to spend that extra dollar if they're close to a LVL UP as well as discourages customers from going to any other store after being with us for an extended period of time. Merchandise will be made for LVL X customers so they can wear it as a sort of achievement etc. The least dull system in my opinion.

Now opinions please! If you have one that could be better you feel please share! I want a system that will A) Be engaging B) Be fun C) Be dynamic D) Be good. Thank you all for reading
    Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topici...DrKhVEDqlrp.99

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

Default Re: Opinion on Anime/Games store rewards system

if you're going to do a points system, study a very successful one first, which would be Speedway's. i don't know if you have them in NJ, but Speedway gets a TON of loyal return customers from it. certain items that could be bought with some frequency (with Speedway is sub sandwiches, candy bars, pop, stuff like that - with an anime/game store you'd have to figure that one out) have a buy 10 get 1 free deal. now on to the points system...

basically it's as you stated, the more a person spends in the store, the more points they earn. some items could net bonus points for set periods of time. then points can be spent on items. i know this system works, i enjoy it myself and i often go out of my way to go to Speedway, even passing other gas stations.

the experience/level idea is really novel, but what perks could you offer a higher level customer? unless it's something they could actually use, there's no incentive. i'd suggest a flat discount that grows with every level, say 1% per with a maximum of ten. but it would be complicated to figure out, like which items would give how much experience, or whether the experience gained would be based on how much the customer spent in a transaction. then you'd have to figure out how much experience per level, and if you got it wrong the first time you'd have a lot of either very happy or very p*ssed off customers, depending on whether your figuring was too high or too low.

i hope you got something useful out of my post, i was just rambling

Closed Thread

Thread Information