Hello everyone! I'm new here and I'm going to open an Anime & Gaming store (As per the thread title). I was originally planning on opening a comic book store BUT this idea seems more promising to me and the people around me... and more fun actually haha. SO! Onto the details:
- Two owners. My friend and I. He has a Bachelors in Science and I have an Associates in Arts. (Education covered.... from what the loaners told me.)
- Our start-up cost are about 95,000. Inventory, retail space, signage, advertising covered.
- It will be in New Jersey in the U.S. Very few stores of the like around and in a high income area. And around the sites of some conventions. So It's a good spot, I hope.
Now here's where your opinions come in!
- We will sell Anime, Manga (ofcourse), plushes, wall scrolls, necklaces, keychains, shirts, figures/statues etc.
- Board games (D&D, warhammer etc.) and card games (Yugioh, Magic, Vangard etc.) As well as space to casual play with weekly tournaments/events.
- Now for a special idea. It will be library of sorts. Everything in this library section will be free to read and watch in store(it will be filled with anime and manga...duh) BUT they will be available for take home rent on either a subscription or non-subscription basis. I have prices in mind but, if I may ask, what prices do you think would be fair/good for both the non-subscription and subscription deals? i.e. Subscription is monthly of course.
-There will be a mini-arcade of sorts as I plan on buying 4 cabinets as well as a quarter machine. A dance-dance, a fighter, a shooter and a multi-cade with 50+ classics on it.
-I plan on having events such as cosplay contests, movie/anime showings, local art showings etc. One special one I came up with is what I call a "Mini-Con." The weekend of a convention (certain ones) there will be a set of unique deals, new items and special events etc.
SO! What I'm asking is if you lived near enough, would you frequent this store? Does it sound appealing? Interesting? Terrible? I want honest opinions. Also, I'm completely serious, just to let people know. Like 40+ page business plan serious. I never want to make one again -____- haha.
Well thank you very much for reading and I hope to hear some good opinions!