AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dragonball

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2014 06:18 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Dragonball

The original, when it was based on Journey to the West and before they ripped off Superman. What do you think of Dragonball?
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "How to Be an Anime Character" available from Amazon.com

AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-26-2014 01:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

Default Re: Dragonball

Dragon Ball is a solid anime, but nothing more. Upon getting older you begin noticing the flaws much more.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!

~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 09:34 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    Dragon Ball is a solid anime, but nothing more. Upon getting older you begin noticing the flaws much more.
    Yeah, the said could be said of all anime or even any medium. It's not perfect but then I'd like to see an anime that is.

AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Yeah, the said could be said of all anime or even any medium. It's not perfect but then I'd like to see an anime that is.
    Well, obviously. That much is only stating the obvious mate. Though, some are more flawed than others and Dragon Ball happens to fall in that category. While it is less flawed than the next two installments, it is far from perfect.

I can think of maybe five-six possible flawless anime with Fma Brotherhood and Aria the Origination topping that list being perfect at what they want to be. Just impossible to find a fault in perfection.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Well, obviously. That much is only stating the obvious mate. Though, some are more flawed than others and Dragon Ball happens to fall in that category. While it is less flawed than the next two installments, it is far from perfect.

I can think of maybe five-six possible flawless anime with Fma Brotherhood and Aria the Origination topping that list being perfect at what they want to be. Just impossible to find a fault in perfection.
    Yeah, the only problem I can see is the King Piccolo saga. That could just as easily be attached to DBZ. The manga started changing direction at that point. And the manga didn't originally have the Z label in Japan. It just continued on to volume 17 of the Dragon Ball title. Before that it's just a lighthearted story about Goku and his life. With interesting characters. So the main issue is where you want to cut Dragon Ball off. Since it has some big changes in tone after episode 100. So it depends on how you want to argue it. As a whole then yeah, I'd have to agree. But that really doesn't do it justice due to the nature of the manga.

Junior Member teenj12 is on a distinguished road teenj12's Avatar
    Gil
    Sick
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2014 04:27 AM
    Threads

Yeah, the only problem I can see is the King Piccolo saga. That could just as easily be attached to DBZ. The manga started changing direction at that point. And the manga didn't originally have the Z label in Japan. It just continued on to volume 17 of the Dragon Ball title. Before that it's just a lighthearted story about Goku and his life. With interesting characters. So the main issue is where you want to cut Dragon Ball off. Since it has some big changes in tone after episode 100. So it depends on how you want to argue it. As a whole then yeah, I'd have to agree. But that really doesn't do it justice due to the nature of the manga.
    Dafuq you talking about? It does too do justice.

Gil
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I wouldn't call the characters that interesting. While that is an opinion and can't be considered a true legit flaw, it is in my books. Goku is typical and pretty boring and Bulma is really no more entertaining than other anime chicks who act like her. Oolong is pretty boring, but Yamcha is not. I'd say Yamcha is easily the best Dragon Ball male, but like I said is all opinion and not a legit flaw.

The King Piccolo arc was pretty bad and not really interesting so I'd consider this a major flaw in the anime adaption of Dragon Ball. To be flawless you need to have the entire show shine with 10/10 material and NO errors. The arc ruined any chance at that.

I'd say Dragon Ball is about 7.8 level which is still extremely good. It will never be a match for the best anime out there, but is good enough to be considered really good.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I wouldn't call the characters that interesting. While that is an opinion and can't be considered a true legit flaw, it is in my books. Goku is typical and pretty boring and Bulma is really no more entertaining than other anime chicks who act like her. Oolong is pretty boring, but Yamcha is not. I'd say Yamcha is easily the best Dragon Ball male, but like I said is all opinion and not a legit flaw.

The King Piccolo arc was pretty bad and not really interesting so I'd consider this a major flaw in the anime adaption of Dragon Ball. To be flawless you need to have the entire show shine with 10/10 material and NO errors. The arc ruined any chance at that.

I'd say Dragon Ball is about 7.8 level which is still extremely good. It will never be a match for the best anime out there, but is good enough to be considered really good.
    If everything you have aimed at it is simply opinion based then I'm done there's no point in getting into a discussion about it. And actually I'd consider 7.8 to be more then fair. Outside the fact you never see anyone use any decimal other then .5 for reviews. And personally I don't think any anime should ever get a perfect score. There's always things that could be done better. Things just aren't ever perfect.

Gil
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

If everything you have aimed at it is simply opinion based then I'm done there's no point in getting into a discussion about it. And actually I'd consider 7.8 to be more then fair. Outside the fact you never see anyone use any decimal other then .5 for reviews. And personally I don't think any anime should ever get a perfect score. There's always things that could be done better. Things just aren't ever perfect.
    Isn't everything discussed on a forum an opinion?

Strange. I never met anyone who wouldn't give a 10/10 to at least one anime they enjoyed. Strange, but your choice.

Its your opinion, but I do believe there a few flawless anime.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Isn't everything discussed on a forum an opinion?

Strange. I never met anyone who wouldn't give a 10/10 to at least one anime they enjoyed. Strange, but your choice.

Its your opinion, but I do believe there a few flawless anime.
    True, and I really have to stop doing these when I'm not awake. And yeah, I'm not afraid of admitting flaws in the things I do like. Nothing's perfect and everything can be tweaked. Even if those imperfections are minor and don't distract from the overall result.

Senior Member Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-25-2014 08:47 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I haven't seen more than one episode of Dragonball, but I did catch Dragonball Z and onward.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

ATTENTION: New members wanted for a brand new DIGIMON forum!! It's called MEGITZ: an unfiltered DIGIMON Source . . .

If you are interested in registering and joining, the link is http://www.entermegitz.boards.net

Junior Member maTe966 is on a distinguished road maTe966's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-16-2014 09:45 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: maTe966

Classic in my country. I remeber like it was yesterday, all kids after the school came back to home and started the journey with DBZ at. 3:25 p.m and 3:55 p.m.
    All of my friends ( no one are a&m fan ) love it. Now, when I'm a few years older I still can't rate it objectively. I approach this to sentimentally. :P
    But there is one thing which annoying me today. "Namek will be destroy for five minutes" Ten chapters later... "Namek will be destroy for five minutes"

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Dragonball and DBZ are, in my opinion, seperate stories. Dragonball if based on Journey to the West. DBZ is based on Superman, Terminator, Back to the Future, and neglectful parents.

I don't even want to speculate on Gohan and Chi-chi's relationship in the last episode...
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Gil
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oops. meant GoTEN not Gohan

Gil
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Dragonball and DBZ are, in my opinion, seperate stories. Dragonball if based on Journey to the West. DBZ is based on Superman, Terminator, Back to the Future, and neglectful parents.

I don't even want to speculate on Gohan and Chi-chi's relationship in the last episode...
    Dragon Ball Z is a continuation of Dragon Ball though.

Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2014 09:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SalamanderKnight Steam ID: Kaitou-Kid

I think his point flew over your head, although his wording was wrong because obviously DBZ is still within the same timeline.

The themes of both series are different, that's what I got, which obviously is true.

YT: | GameEmpireHD | KaitouVG | ShonenGameZ |
    Co-Founder of ShonenGameZ.com | Scan Translations & More!

| PSN: SalamanderKnight | NNID: GameEmpireHD (US) KaitouVG (JP) |
    | Steam: Kaitou-Kid | Origin: GameEmpireHD |
    | 3DS FC: 5258 - 0235 - 2295 |

Gil
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    I think his point flew over your head, although his wording was wrong because obviously DBZ is still within the same timeline.

The themes of both series are different, that's what I got, which obviously is true.
    Well, that is just obvious. Not even a thing worth pointing out IMO due to how obvious that is.

Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well, that is just obvious. Not even a thing worth pointing out IMO due to how obvious that is.
    Of course.

It makes it look like misinterpreted his post though "obvious or not".

As for the rest of the thread, I agree with Yoko though.

i think DB establish a good standard of what a good anime was back then but obviously as newer anime came, that bar was pushed up.

Gil
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That's like saying the Ben 10 sequels are a continuation of the original series.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

That's like saying the Ben 10 sequels are a continuation of the original series.
    No it's not. It's literally a continuation. As in the Saiyan arc was volume 17 of Dragon Ball in Japan. The US was the one that added Z. It wasn't there in Japan.

21. Thanks Yoko Littner thanked for this post
    Likes Yoko Littner liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

No it's not. It's literally a continuation. As in the Saiyan arc was volume 17 of Dragon Ball in Japan. The US was the one that added Z. It wasn't there in Japan.
    You mean the Manga volumes right? (and not the Anime) Cause if so then you're correct.

Knowing your DB knowledge, have to make sure.

Gil
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I've never really payed attention to that trash show, sorry.

Anyways, GameGeeks already beat me to the punch in replying to you.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    You mean the Manga volumes right? (and not the Anime) Cause if so then you're correct.

Knowing your DB knowledge, have to make sure.
    Yes, the manga. You look at the source material.

Gil
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Even so, even with different themes it's stupid to day they are different series.

O_o

Gil
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm pretty sure DBZ is just a rip off of Superman. I mean alien baby sent to Earth from exploding planet by scientist father grows up to be super strong, fly, shoot energy beams, and has to fight three evil aliens from the same planet. Later they threw in some Bakc tot he Future, Terminator, and the like, but overall...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information