AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59

Thread: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians

  1. #1
    Member Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune's Avatar
    Gil
    1,310.89
    Gender
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2014 04:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Threads
    4
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians

    This is proven by most westerners who Cosplay are prefer to imitate Asians Anime/Asian characters and not their own cartoon/western characters which can be seen at their western Cosplay websites such as www.cosplay.com . As for Asians almost all of Asians who Cosplay are prefer to imitate Asians own Anime/Asian characters which can be seen at Asians Cosplay websites such as http://curecos.com

    This is maybe also why westerners have to scam in order to be "famous" cosplaying Anime/Asian characters http://www.antiwc.net/group/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3041
    Last edited by Kajune; 02-22-2014 at 03:40 PM.

  2. #2
    Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    817,720.03
    Gender
    Gifts Cookie Paperclip Hattori Hanzo Steel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 07:47 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Just down from the House of Crosses in Alabama.
    Age
    25
    Threads
    53
    Posts
    4,152
    Blog Entries
    42
    Rep Power
    1363
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians


    Huh?
    You seriously have a lot to learn about cosplay.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.


  3. #3
    Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    522.49
    Gender
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2014 12:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Threads
    41
    Posts
    1,306
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    1692

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians

    Quote Originally Posted by Kajune View Post
    This is proven by most westerners who Cosplay are prefer to imitate Asians Anime/Asian characters and not their own cartoon/western characters which can be seen at their western Cosplay websites such as www.cosplay.com . As for Asians almost all of Asians who Cosplay are prefer to imitate Asians own Anime/Asian characters which can be seen at our Asian Cosplay websites such as http://curecos.com
    I'll suspend studying for this travesty of logic.

    "Most westerners who cosplayers" are cosplaying charachters whose looks aren't usually limited to a single facial structure. Their origins might be asian, but can you really say this looks strictly like an asian person?


    Quote Originally Posted by Kajune View Post
    This is maybe also why westerners have to scam in order to be "famous" cosplaying Anime/Asian characters http://www.antiwc.net/group/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3041
    After clicking the link

    Last edited by Anoleis; 02-22-2014 at 12:36 PM. Reason: My sincere apologies, but I found a better gif

  4. #4
    The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    1,000,762,447.54
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Cookie Wolf
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 10:27 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    27
    Threads
    338
    Posts
    14,699
    Blog Entries
    839
    AW Wallpapers
    26
    Rep Power
    10164
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians

    Ok, so theres a bunch of racist asians who hate westerners. So?

  5. #5
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    28,803.06
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana Ice Cream Pocky
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2014 10:17 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    34
    Threads
    64
    Posts
    2,725
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    580

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians

    I'll presume you're just trolling here with your first post. But what the heck.

    First, one of the interesting things about anime is the blending of Western and Japanese culture as it was influenced early on by western animation. So you wind up with the big eyes small mouth thing and consequently...well lets just say Sailor Moon isn't exactly sporting what one could consider stereotypical asian features.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kajune View Post
    This is proven by most westerners who Cosplay are prefer to imitate Asians Anime/Asian characters and not their own cartoon/western characters which can be seen at their western Cosplay websites such as www.cosplay.com[SIZE=2] .
    You screwed that link up. We're you trying to link to this site?

    Anyway while it's nice to see some anime characters (who may or may not look asian to start with), they only make up a modest fractions of cosplayers in the US. Maybe if you're at an anime specific thing it's be different. But you can look up something like comicon to get a feel for a more typical blend.

  6. #6
    Member Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune's Avatar
    Gil
    1,310.89
    Gender
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2014 04:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Threads
    4
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians

    It is very ridiculous whenever there is someone said that Anime have something to do with western stuff because among all Asians Japanese the one most one who believe that westerners are unattractive.

    The reason western games not sell well in Japan is the same reason why western cartoon not sell well in Japan because western games and cartoon characters which made by westerners based on themselves are not cute, while Japanese prefer cuteness and also believe westerners are not cute. Another evidences of this are :
    - Japanese prefer to Cosplay Anime/Asian characters and not cartoon/western characters.
    - Japanese not choosing any westerners to form the sister group for AKB48 and instead choosing other Asians such as Indonesian and Chinese.
    - Dolls, action figures and other figurines that are based on westerners are also not sell well in Japan.
    - Etc

    And di you all know what writen in the Japanese Anime museum in Tokyo about the origin of Anime? What writen on it have nothing to do with westerners, Japanese also believe that Anime characters are based on Japanese.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    522.49
    Gender
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2014 12:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Threads
    41
    Posts
    1,306
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    1692

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians

    Quote Originally Posted by Kajune View Post
    And di you all know what writen in the Japanese Anime museum in Tokyo about the origin of Anime? What writen on it have nothing to do with westerners, Japanese also believe that Anime characters are based on Japanese.
    Right, because Eren Jeager and Lelouche are Japanese. You're having a really hard time dealing with someone dressing up like fictional characters being more please to some than others.

  8. #8
    shat out of hell horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous's Avatar
    Gil
    1,174.91
    Gender
    Gifts 143 - Snorlax Jet Pocky
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 11:13 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    at the bottom of a dry well
    Age
    24
    Threads
    30
    Posts
    2,277
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    560

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians

    you waited a whole year after signing up to post and this is what you offer?

    ---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

    man that's anticlimactic
    hor∑ren∑dous
    adjective
    shockingly dreadful; horrible
    synonyms
    appalling, frightful, hideous

    --



    --

    better to reign in hell than serve in heaven

  9. #9
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    28,803.06
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana Ice Cream Pocky
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2014 10:17 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    34
    Threads
    64
    Posts
    2,725
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    580

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians

    Quote Originally Posted by horrendous View Post
    you waited a whole year after signing up to post and this is what you offer?

    ---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

    man that's anticlimactic
    Maybe they forgot their password and that's why it was Kajune2 who made this thread that the forum tagged as similar to this one
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...ased-on-Asians

    The other thread seems even more off than this one (without wasting much time on that video beyond in into screen), and again doesn't realize that anime is still somewhat obscure over here and probably 90%+ of cosplayers aren't going to be cosplaying an anime character.


    Though still somewhat odd behavior for a typical troll. Is this actually a thing for you Kajune? Care to share what your deal is?

  10. #10
    Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    25.19
    Gender
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 09:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Guam
    Age
    22
    Threads
    49
    Posts
    3,282
    Blog Entries
    12
    AW Wallpapers
    2
    Rep Power
    967
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians



    nuff said.
    Kaleohano derailing threads everywhere he go
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

  11. #11
    Member BehaZ is on a distinguished road BehaZ's Avatar
    Gil
    90.39
    Gender
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Gifts Naruto Headband Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2014 12:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Turkey
    Threads
    2
    Posts
    31
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Gamer IDs

    XFIRE ID: beha4698 Steam ID: TheExorcist

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians

    Thats because Manga/Anime are drawn/animated differently than American animated cartoons/comics, thats the only reason. In the end cosplay is about how well you portray the character and not about whether you are ugly or not :P

  12. #12
    Classical Pony Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated's Avatar
    Gil
    1,443,025.99
    Gender
    Gifts Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell Photoshop
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2014 07:27 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    24
    Threads
    585
    Posts
    2,856
    Blog Entries
    332
    AW Wallpapers
    20
    Rep Power
    6115
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Serated PSN ID: Serated Steam ID: Serated13

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians

    Haha, what a thread OP....

    Its worth remembering that anime/manga was first developed in Japan after WW2 because American soldiers brought comic books with them which inspired the Japanese to try their hands at it.

    Also: https://www.google.com/#q=asian+eye+rounding+surgery
    If Asians think Westerners are so ugly, then why is plastic surgery for the rounding of their eyes to look like Westerners so popular in countries (like Japan)? Is it because OP didnt do research and is just trolling? Neat!

    \/CLICK\/


  13. Likes Light Buster liked this post
  14. #13
    Member Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune's Avatar
    Gil
    1,310.89
    Gender
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2014 04:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Threads
    4
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians

    Japanese claim that Anime have nothing to do with westerners and that Anime characters based on Japanese while westerners claim Anime are based on them. I choose to believe Japanese rather than westerners who could not even make any Anime and always fail cosplaying Anime characters [ proven by almost all Anime fans especially from Japan not like western cosplayers ].

    As for Asians who do eye lid surgery, keep hallucinating that they do it with the reason of want to be/look like western because in reality they never admit it, the Asians who do eye lids surgery said doing it are for better eye sight, blend with the majority of othe Asians, etc that have nothing to do with westerners.

    If you want to show concrete evidence then show something like http://curecos.com where almost all Asians who Cosplay prefer to imitate Anime/Asian characters.
    Last edited by Kajune; 02-23-2014 at 07:34 AM.

  15. #14
    shat out of hell horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous has a reputation beyond repute horrendous's Avatar
    Gil
    1,174.91
    Gender
    Gifts 143 - Snorlax Jet Pocky
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 11:13 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    at the bottom of a dry well
    Age
    24
    Threads
    30
    Posts
    2,277
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    560

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians

    Quote Originally Posted by Kajune View Post

    As for Asians who do eye lid surgery, keep hallucinating that they do it with the reason of want to be/look like western because in reality they never admit it, the Asians who do eye lids surgery said doing it are for better eye sight, blend with the majority of othe Asians, etc that have nothing to do with westerners.
    yeah @Serated , this guy has a lot of japanese friends and acquaintances that have had eye surgery, and they all say it's better for their eyesight.

    or maybe he's full of shet.
    hor∑ren∑dous
    adjective
    shockingly dreadful; horrible
    synonyms
    appalling, frightful, hideous

    --



    --

    better to reign in hell than serve in heaven

  16. #15
    Classical Pony Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated has a reputation beyond repute Serated's Avatar
    Gil
    1,443,025.99
    Gender
    Gifts Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell Photoshop
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2014 07:27 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    24
    Threads
    585
    Posts
    2,856
    Blog Entries
    332
    AW Wallpapers
    20
    Rep Power
    6115
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Serated PSN ID: Serated Steam ID: Serated13

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians

    Quote Originally Posted by horrendous View Post
    yeah @Serated , this guy has a lot of japanese friends and acquaintances that have had eye surgery, and they all say it's better for their eyesight.

    or maybe he's full of shet.
    I dont have the free time in my daily life to interrogate OP's friends on their life choices; I have things I wanna do today, so I find it more comforting to go with the 'he's full of crap' argument that you have presented.

    \/CLICK\/


  17. #16
    Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    37,456.78
    Gender
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 10:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, United States
    Age
    24
    Threads
    47
    Posts
    2,027
    Rep Power
    2242
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to AsiansKyo

    Quote Originally Posted by Kajune View Post
    This is proven by most westerners who Cosplay are prefer to imitate Asians Anime/Asian characters and not their own cartoon/western characters which can be seen at their western Cosplay websites such as www.cosplay.com . As for Asians almost all of Asians who Cosplay are prefer to imitate Asians own Anime/Asian characters which can be seen at Asians Cosplay websites such as http://curecos.com
    ....
    ....

    Okay, what in the Goddess' infinite names are you even talking about? Do you even know? Did you come to this forum and create an account just to spout ignorant nonsense? Ugh, my head hurts thinking about it. Well, since you are new, I'll just let you know that silly, silly people like yourself usually end up getting fed to my wolves. But let me put you in your place first.

    What you said doesn't make sense on a fundamental level. On that site, I saw cosplayers dressed as many different characters. From Star Trek to Bones to The Little Mermaid to Frozen. I also saw some people dressed as anime and video game (both western and Japanese) characters. Okay, some westerners like to dress up as anime characters. You point is....what exactly? Anime is prolific here in the West (in terms of popularity). There are millions of nerdy people in the West who like anime, so naturally millions of Westerners like to dress up as anime characters. No freaking duh. And am I supposed to be surprised when you say that Asians like to dress up as Asian cartoon characters? Does this even mean anything? Should my feelings be hurt because an Asian chick would rather cosplay as Hatsune Miku instead of Captain Janeway?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kajune View Post
    This is maybe also why westerners have to scam in order to be "famous" cosplaying Anime/Asian characters http://www.antiwc.net/group/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3041
    So this racist Asian chick believes that a Western cosplayer must have scammed her way to the top because she is more popular than an Asian cosplayer (despite the fact that an Asian cosplayer outranks her). Reading that nonsense made me want to punch a pillow. I never knew that the issue of race was such an issue for some people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kajune View Post
    I choose to believe Japanese rather than westerners who could not even make any Anime and always fail cosplaying Anime characters [ proven by almost all Anime fans especially from Japan not like western cosplayers ].
    Well, first of all, Westerners can't make anime because anime only comes from Japan per the definition of the word. So that's something else that doesn't make any damn sense.

    Second, again, this can be easily explained by the fact that Asians like dressing up as characters from Asian cartoons and Westerners simply liking anime enough to do the same. Of course, plenty of Westerners dress up as Western characters; hell I saw as much on the site that you posted. So again, I don't know what you are talking about.

    Furthermore, not every anime takes place in Japan nor should one make that assumption. So, when one "fails" at playing an anime character, is it just because they don't look Asian? Because there are plenty of anime characters that are clearly Western but Asians cosplay as them anyway. So what the hell is the point of even bring up race when it is often ambiguous?

    What is this? Taiwanese and top cosplayer Hyko as Erwin Smith from Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin)?



    You mean this Taiwanese guy is cosplaying as a White guy from a Japanese show? He looks nothing like Erwin! ERWIN'S NOT ASIAN!!

    I declare this cosplay flawed and failed. FAILED, I TELL YA! This is your logic at work here.

    Get out of here, you ignorant welp.

    /thread
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 02-23-2014 at 11:57 PM.
    This is my war face.

    This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

  18. Likes Token Black Guy, Kaleohano liked this post
  19. #17
    Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    25.19
    Gender
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 09:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Guam
    Age
    22
    Threads
    49
    Posts
    3,282
    Blog Entries
    12
    AW Wallpapers
    2
    Rep Power
    967
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to AsiansKyo

    [/COLOR]@wolfgirl90
    I see you havent changed one bit.
    I missed you
    Last edited by Kaleohano; 02-24-2014 at 12:45 AM.
    Kaleohano derailing threads everywhere he go
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

  20. Likes wolfgirl90 liked this post
  21. #18
    Member Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune's Avatar
    Gil
    1,310.89
    Gender
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2014 04:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Threads
    4
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians

    Other than not cute the reason why Anime fans not like western cosplayers is because they said westerners look too old.



    Is she a 6 years old Asian girl? No think again because she is a 22 years old Asian girl.

  22. #19
    Senior Member Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    1,046.33
    Gender
    My Mood
    sunshine
    Gifts Grapes
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2014 04:06 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    amsterdam
    Age
    19
    Threads
    4
    Posts
    276
    Rep Power
    46
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: tiptoeingtectonics

    Smile Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post


    nuff said.
    time to fap

  23. #20
    Straight Outta Motown! Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy's Avatar
    Gil
    6,082.62
    Gender
    My Mood
    Tired
    Gifts Paint Palette Mic Sunglasses
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2014 02:35 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Age
    23
    Threads
    18
    Posts
    1,212
    Blog Entries
    28
    Rep Power
    1593
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Sleepy_Ninja313

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians

    I seen this same guy on Deviant Art making the same stupid arguments. I guess some people never change. SMH.......
    Man that is whack!

    Token Black Guy

  24. #21
    Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    37,456.78
    Gender
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 10:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, United States
    Age
    24
    Threads
    47
    Posts
    2,027
    Rep Power
    2242
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians

    Quote Originally Posted by Kajune View Post
    Other than not cute the reason why Anime fans not like western cosplayers is because they said westerners look too old.

    Is she a 6 years old Asian girl? No think again because she is a 22 years old Asian girl.
    Well, I guess the "not cute" thing comes from the fact that Japan has a different standard of beauty than we do. We are all about adult faces, boobs, and butts so big that we lose the ability to lie about how much we love them. However, in Japan, it is all about being "kawaii" and looking young. Really young. So there's that.

    However, once again, that opinion falls apart when one thinks about how freaking varied anime is. For example, not only is Hyko cosplaying a man outside of his race, but Erwin is at least 30 years old, probably older than that. Portraying him as "young" would be a little silly and even antithetical to his character. However, that is more or less unavoidable considering Hyko's body type. So who cares? Again, using your logic, Hyko's cosplay is flawed on a fundamental level because, despite the amount of detail in his costume, he is young and not White. Does that make any bloody sense to you? Because it doesn't to me.

    Same thing goes for Japanese video game characters (I've seen this argument used for them too). Age and race varies so much that there is no point in trying to make some type of standard for it. For example, Fang (from Final Fantasy XIII) is a 5'9" 21 year old who beats people up. Having the looks of a 6 year old wouldn't work here.

    I think American cosplayer Callesto did a pretty good job here:



    Or did she fail because she isn't Japanese? Does her race really matter when Fang's race is incredibly ambiguous? If she looks "too old" due to the fact that she is American, how young does she need to look when Fang looks like this?



    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    [/COLOR]@wolfgirl90
    I see you havent changed one bit.
    I missed you
    I've been busy with a new full time job and some family stuff.

    But it feels good to be back.
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 02-24-2014 at 02:00 PM.
    This is my war face.

    This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

  25. #22
    Senior Member Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    5,211.11
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Mercury Star Wand Top Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Not Earth
    Age
    32
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,393
    Blog Entries
    304
    Rep Power
    6559

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians

    Whatever happened to "don't feed the troll?"

  26. #23
    The Palmtop Tiger Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash's Avatar
    Gil
    101,038.77
    Gender
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Alice Be Mine
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 09:19 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    22
    Threads
    211
    Posts
    6,603
    Blog Entries
    105
    AW Wallpapers
    32
    Rep Power
    12221
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians

    Personal favorite western character cosplayed by an asian


    Personal favorite anime/manga/games originating for japan at least; cosplays done by westerners.









    You mean to tell me these are too ugly? Suuuuuuure


    [I'm Gloomy]

    今日...明日...永遠に...

    Personal Tumblr | Deviant Art | Artsy Tumblr | Buy Artisan Crafts (Paintings & Vectors on Etsy)
    >>>Enter the WOTM<<<
    Theme: Pokemon


  27. Likes Serated liked this post
  28. #24
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    28,803.06
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana Ice Cream Pocky
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2014 10:17 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    34
    Threads
    64
    Posts
    2,725
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    580

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    Whatever happened to "don't feed the troll?"
    Normally good advice, but this is a weird sort of troll and things have been to quite around here...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kajune View Post
    Other than not cute the reason why Anime fans not like western cosplayers is because they said westerners look too old.

    Is she a 6 years old Asian girl? No think again because she is a 22 years old Asian girl.
    Well it is true that we don't really have the lolicon/jailbait/pedo thing going on over here so much. It's rather frowned upon really.

    Still curious what your "thing" is.


    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    So this racist Asian chick believes that a Western cosplayer must have scammed her way to the top because she is more popular than an Asian cosplayer (despite the fact that an Asian cosplayer outranks her). Reading that nonsense made me want to punch a pillow. I never knew that the issue of race was such an issue for some people.
    For the most part anime fans over here tend to not be racist, and much of the anime out there is rather cross cultural. I enjoy it when they start speaking (or singing) in English or referencing western things in a subbed anime.

    That said, in some anime and the broader Japanese culture you can find a lot of the old racism and anti-Americanism. There are still places in Japan that wouldn't allow your Gaijin self in.

    So there is sort of a fine line there. We're the only fandom I can think of that has perjerative terms for people that take it too far (when they start idolizing all things Japanese.) Though this forum like many others censors them...so the anime fandom came up with another term...and this forum censors that one as well. But you get the idea.

    Anyway I suggest trying to look on the positive side of things and focus on the non-racists (Though don't completely forget about the rest. Although this troll doesn't count as they are as likely as not just some bored guy in Nebraska trying to get a rise out of us.)
    Last edited by sunnyside; 02-24-2014 at 09:48 PM.

  29. #25
    Member Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune is infamous around these parts Kajune's Avatar
    Gil
    1,310.89
    Gender
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2014 04:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Threads
    4
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Anime made westerners realize and believe that they are ugly to Asians

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Crash View Post
    Personal favorite western character cosplayed by an asian


    Personal favorite anime/manga/games originating for japan at least; cosplays done by westerners.









    You mean to tell me these are too ugly? Suuuuuuure
    Are you realizing what you posted only support this topic which I think you don't agree with?

    As for the western cosplayers you posted I only see 3 of them [ I turn my image option off ] and I only recognize one of the character which is Ayanami Rei so I can only comment about her, and my comment is she is another failure. She may look good to you but not for almost all other Anime especially Evangelion fans, if you need concrete evidence about this then just ask and I will prove it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Scientifically proven Anime characters are based on Asians
    By Kajune2 in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-07-2013, 02:05 PM
  2. Ugly girls in anime
    By Clayton_n in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 05:24 PM
  3. My Ugly Anime Drawings/CG
    By Shirobana in forum Traditional Art
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 08:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts