AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Launch Day

Silenced By Censorship Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 12:04 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

http://www.iichan.net/c/src/1090981016195.png

Got the original from der and colored 'er in. Put this and that together called it a wallie. Any good?
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Now this, this I fly with pride.

Butterfly of Gadgets gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2009 02:24 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

hmmmmmmm the space ship and the border dosent fit in with the character.......

Silenced By Censorship Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Funny, I chose the space ship because I thought it did fit with the character-- the 'border' is glass. Check it out. I mean, she's got a spacy look... Spacy-- Space Shuttle... Eh, what do I know?
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Okay, version two. Totally different, and hopefully much improved. *shrug* I kinda like it better myself... there again, that's just me. So, any better?

Senior Member escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2009 07:58 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

It looks ok..not my taste in design..but I guess it looks alright, well actually better than the first one. So you did improve on it.

Junior Member Barnacle Barnacle's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2004 01:20 PM
    Threads

*comments on the coloring*

Well... it looks nice, but it could use a lot more shading... >_> some highlights to the helmet to make it look metallic

Fast-made example:

... I think the character would fit better on the background if it casted a shadow. ^^
    God that was a bad typo...

[hybrid rainbow] shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2006 10:07 PM
    Threads

Yeah, the second version looks a whole lot better, but as Barnacle said it could us more shading. Too much squares if you ask me, and it looks kinda weird with a floor/ground.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Originally posted by Barnacle@Jul 28 2004, 05:53 PM
    *comments on the coloring*

Well... it looks nice, but it could use a lot more shading... >_> some highlights to the helmet to make it look metallic

Fast-made example:

... I think the character would fit better on the background if it casted a shadow. ^^
    See, that&#39;s the thing... I suck @ss at shading. I&#39;m barely learning how to use the burn tool without going over board. ><; Any and all pointers in that area would be greatly appreciated.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Originally posted by Xian Pu@Jul 30 2004, 09:36 PM
    See, that&#39;s the thing... I suck @ss at shading. I&#39;m barely learning how to use the burn tool without going over board. ><; Any and all pointers in that area would be greatly appreciated.
    1) Here are some links to tutorials (you might already know these...)

http://www.bakaneko.com/howto/computer/cell/ (cell shading style)
    http://www.bakaneko.com/howto/computer/soft/ (soft shading style)
    http://www.cablenet.ne.jp/~japanime/...al/cgmain.html (photoshop anime drawing tutorial @ www.howtodrawmanga.com)
    http://www.polykarbon.com/tutorials/index.htm

2) My tips:

Think where&#39;s the light is coming from... (really think about it, how it does affect to the higlights and shadows)
    - think carefully of the shape of the character
    Example: (note: the lights direction is different as in the first example I posted)

(arrow is the light&#39;s direction, blue is highlight and red is shadow)

A good way to do the shading: (just my opinion)
    - You&#39;ve colored the character (the coloring is in its&#39; own layer, lineart in another)
    - Select the area you want to shade (using magic wand)
    - Select the color of the higlight/shadow (foreground color)...
    (airbrush tool & black/white color isn&#39;t a good idea (if the shadow/higlight isn&#39;t black/white))
    - If you are drawing the shading to the same layer where the coloring is, remember to select the (coloring) main color as the background color
    - AIRBRUSH TOOL
    - Try different opacity & hardness (&size) values ^^
    - Be careful when making highlights (only on hair (if you want to), metallic objects & on skin (not too strong... & if you want to))

If there is something you don&#39;t understand, just ASK ME ^_^.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Sweet. Thanks man.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No prob. ^^

You can also try getting help on this matter on these forums:
    http://www.moshimoshineko.com/bnphpbb
    http://www.androidworkshop.com/untitled/index.php
    http://pub25.ezboard.com/bpolykarbonbbs
    http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/htforum.html

(just ask help on the shading & of course remember to mention that you didn&#39;t make the line-art)

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Originally posted by Barnacle@Jul 30 2004, 07:06 PM
    No prob. ^^

You can also try getting help on this matter on these forums:
    http://www.moshimoshineko.com/bnphpbb
    http://www.androidworkshop.com/untitled/index.php
    http://pub25.ezboard.com/bpolykarbonbbs
    http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/htforum.html

(just ask help on the shading & of course remember to mention that you didn&#39;t make the line-art)
    Like I could ever compare to someone as great as Kenichi Sonoda? Pffft yeah right.

Butterfly of Gadgets gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2009 02:24 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

it looks more better then the first one ^^ just make it a little more into space ^_~

Closed Thread

Thread Information