AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Best films of 2013?

Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2016 11:02 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Best films of 2013?

Working at the cinema now I get constantly asked by people what were your best films of 2013? So here's my top 5, and granted this is what I PERSONALLY saw. (and we're going on UK release dates here so 12 years a slave, Wolf of Wall Street and Mandela aren't on this list). Feel free to tell me i'm an idiot and amend the list for your own tastes!

Honourable mentions: Gravity, Frozen, Don Jon, Iron man 3, World War Z, The Great Gatsby, Saving Mr Banks, Now You See Me. Maybe not in that order!

5. Star Trek Into Darkness

My god the first thing that I have to say stood out for this was the spectacular 3D that viscously took my IMAX 3D virginity without shame! Benedict Cumberbatch as the villain Harrison was amazing, what a performance. Now I don't want to give away any spoilers if you haven't seen it...WHY HAVEN'T YOU SEEN IT!?!? The acting is all round top notch, needs more Karl Urban, but then all films do! The effects are as expected balls to the walls great, Abrams directing was very Star Wars-esq in this. Oh and the lens flares being mercifully cut down is always a relief.

4. Prisoners

This film I went into blind and it was one of the bleakest, harshest films I've seen in a long time. The tone, the acting, the setting was all dark as hell. Gyllenhaal's performance was quite enthralling, just take out the ridiculous name of Loki that had me chuckle a few times, Jackmans performance in my opinion stole this flick and is Oscar worthy. Without spoiling it, him and his hammer made a fantastically dark scene!

3. Pacific Rim

This film was EVERYTHING you expected it to be and more, Giant Robots fighting Giant Monsters! Take away the fact the main mech Gypsy Danger kinda sounds like a stripper, and the other mechs being criminally under utilized. The acting and action was campy as hell, I mean using freight ships as swords/baseball bats, awesome! And the film being restrained with the leads in their will they wont they relationship....ends up they wont, which came as a pleasant surprise! Took a friend to see it in IMAX 3D and that wasn't to subtle about stealing their IMAX Virginity, that being said top notch effects work!

2. Rush

This film, what a thrill ride of emotions and brilliant acting. Gotta say for someone here that couldn't care less about Formula 1 racing, The comparison of Lauda and Hunt and their rivalry/friendship/whatever you call it was spectacular to watch. One scene just gave me all the feels when hunt beats up the reporter for Lauda. Watch it yourself to find out why, it'll be freaking worth it! Would spoil it, but a quick google search can do that just fine!

1. Filth

Well what can I say, this movie is quite for lack of a better term, screwed up. A crazy drug and drink fuelled ride through police corruption in bonnie old Scotland! All centred around a promotion, a murder (yes said in that amazing scottish way), Now you really can't go into much without giving vital spoilers. Has to be said for me this one James McAvoy's best performance to date, and the ending is heartbreaking. Directing is also top notch.....again don't want to spoil it. Its well worth a watch, and I feel sorry for the old Americans that they have to wait until May 30th for this masterpiece!

AGAIN, Feel free to tell me i'm an idiot and amend the list for your own tastes!
    Last edited by .Tatty.; 01-23-2014 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Forgot about Now You See Me....fail

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Best films of 2013?

Will go in order from earliest in 2013 to now that I liked.

Side Effects
    Emperor
    Iron Man 3
    The Iceman
    Only God Forgives
    Monsters University
    White House Down
    Pacific Rim
    The Conjuring
    The World's End
    Elysium
    Kick A55 2
    You're Next
    Prisoners
    Gravity
    Captain Philips
    The Fifth Estate
    The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug

Could only pick out of the movies I saw.

Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2016 11:02 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Best films of 2013?

I found Desolation of Smaug to be a horrendous disappointment. Made the mistake of watching it in High Frame Rate 3D before I went to the IMAX 3D which was very headache inducing.

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

Closed Thread

Thread Information