AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rate the review above you V1

AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-26-2014 01:45 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

Default Rate the review above you V1

Pretty simple and an idea I just recently thought of. Just post a review of an anime you saw recently (At LEAST one paragraph with four sentences, but can be as long as you want) and then the user who replies next will then give your review a 1 - 10 and maybe offer advice on future reviews. The user who replied to the person will then review an anime they saw recently.. and so on!

GO!
    Last edited by Yoko Littner; 01-18-2014 at 03:16 AM.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!

~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

Junior Member daosan is on a distinguished road daosan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2014 09:13 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Rate the review above you V1

Hmm no replies yet, maybe I should give it a shot.

Fate/Zero Review

Release Date- April 2012
    Production Company- ufotable
    Genre- Action, Fantasy
    Episodes-25

The anime follows the event a of the 4th Holy Grail War taking place in Fuyuki city. The Holy Grail war is a battle between 7 mages (masters) where each master is in control of a spirit of a hero in history (heroic spirits) (servants). The winner obtains the Holy Grail, a special item/with/the ability to grant any wish.

Characters-

Kiritsugu Emiya-
    Kiritsugu is the master of the heroic spirit saber. Known as the magus killer, Emiya is a lethal killer and the representative of the Einzbern family. He is a very dark character choosing to keep many things to himself and willing to do anything to achieve his ideals and rid the world of evil. He is a very good main character and its truly a joy to see him in work with his tactics/and superior fighting skills.

Saber-
    The servant of Kiritsugu, saber is the heroic spirit of no other than King Arthur. He or she is the King of Knights and classified in the saber class, one of the strongest classes. She chooses to participate on the Holy Grail War to save England and her people. Her methods are much different to those of Kiritsugu causing much friction and conflict within the pair as they are forced to work together. She places high value on chivalry which in a war such as the Holy Grail War causes many problems for her. The fact that her ideals differ from Kiritsaugu although they share a common goal shows just how different two people's methods can be to achieve the same goal.

Fate/Zero features a very large cast where every master has their own reasons to fight. All the characters were very well done and a pleasure to watch. The servant Rider steals the spotlight as he is an extremely well executed character. His boldness puts him in center attention in which ever scene he is in. Although the show has a large cast after a couple of episodes you learn all the characters and shouldn't have any problems remembering then. The cast was all great but its a shame that more development couldn't be done on some of them.

9.7/10

Plot-

The story follows the masters and servants of the Holy Grail war. To me the plot was very/original and I have never seen anything like it. It was also executed extremely well. The plot explores many themes and ideals. Not only that but it explores them extremely well/and really makes you think about those things. There are not good or bad sides but simply people fighting for the ideals, dreams, wishes, wants and what they think is right. The way the wrap everything together is amazing. Its not simply one massive to the death brawl but a series of strategic moves and plans. Its less about the fighting bit the strategy behind the fights and the techniques used by each master whether it be upfront no frills fighting or secret behind the scene moves. All in all the plot is perfect I can't seem to find a single flaw with it, some hate the ending but I didn't mind it, I actually quite liked it.
    9.6/10

Music and Sound-

The soundtrack is Fate/Zero is amazing. It does a great job amplifying the drama and adding to the epicness and grand scape of the events. The opening and end themes are fantastic and I often find myself watching them instead of skipping them like I normally do. Background music also makes very good accompaniment when needed. The voicing is A1. There are absolutely no complaints from me in the voicing department. The voices are filled with depth and emotion and make the show all the more better to watch. Sound effects are stellar, from the clashing of weapons to the lighting of a cigarette, there is much attention to detail paid to make sure that/the sounds are accurate. You can really tell that the makers spent their time on the music, voices and the sound of the show.
    9.6/10

Graphics and Animation-

WOW. The quality is absolutely superb, attention to detail is there, fluidity of movement is there, everything is there. Everything is done so well. This makes the show a joy to watch, it is a real treat to the eyes. The quality animation in the fight scenes will make you drool and you'll find yourself replaying them again and again. It is some of the best animation I have ever seen in any anime, period. The animation alone is enough to warrant a recommendation to watch this show. There are no complaints from me in this department, however the animation can get a little bit slack at certain times but this is only the slightest decrease from the usual very high class animation the show has.
    9.8/10

Overall-

Overall this is an amazing anime with the best story, characters, sound, music and animation you can ask for. This is practically a perfect anime and its near impossible to find any faults with it. The show grabs your attention and never lets go as it takes you on an epic ride. The show is undoubtedly one of the greatest animes of all time. It'll leave you wanting more and more. So just go and watch it now.
    you won't be disappointment.
    9.7/10

3. Thanks Yoko Littner thanked for this post
    Likes Guildsumner, Yoko Littner liked this post
    AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

9/10. I really enjoyed reading it a second time over~ Ever think of writing articles for AG?

My review for Dragon Ball:

Kagami's View Review #1: Find those Dragonballs~. Ahh, the memories of my childhood and likely others who decide to read my debut review. Back in the 90s and early 2000s, the Dragonball franchise was at its absolute peak popularity in the States and probably other great locations around the world. It was a time when current popular anime such as Naruto, Fma: Brotherhood or even the brand new No Game No Life have yet to exist. I love new anime, but I also fancy the classics now and then and Dragonball is one of those classics. While the peak popularity of Dragonball has honestly died down, that should not stop you from giving this a whirl. Why? Its a great experience and fun adventure full of interesting characters and memories that will last you a lifetime.

Story: 10/10. Goku and Bulma, a chance meeting that will change the destiny of both and a meeting that will give Earth and the entire universe a chance to grow and not meet its destruction. Enter a story that will carve a young boy who lives in the mountains into a man. Enter Dragonball. Dragonball made its official debut in Japan in the 80s, so a story of adventuring around the globe was still fresh and interesting. The story begins with a young boy named Goku who lives his life in the mountains and maintains his deceased grandfather's small home. Small it is, though that and a shiny Four Star ball is his treasure. A treasure that holds the memories of the man who raised him. Though, Goku is completely unaware that his precious ball is actually a valuable piece of a seven piece puzzle which is near useless alone, but when gathered together will summon the massive Shenron that will grant the the lucky one a single wish if it be for pure intentions or not. Enter Bulma, just one of the many who search for these sacred treasues. Bulma, a young woman with blue hair from the rich Capsule Corp who has just one desire. A desire that plenty of girls reading this review or general her age would want.

A boyfriend. Upon meeting Goku and his dragonball for the first time, she quickly realizes he isn't a normal boy. Through everything, Goku agrees to be her partner on this fantastic journey full of mystery. This is Akira Toriyama's Dragonball.

Art: 8/10. Nowadays, the artstyle in Dragonball would look extremely dated and not as vibrant as newer anime, but it would not be fair to judge the 80s artstyle with anime made now. Let us not compare apples and oranges and let us pretend this review was being written back when Dragonball was still currently airing. The artstyle in Dragonball looks extremely good for the time it was animated and nowhere near makes the viewer gag from poor quality. The anime honestly is not perfect looking, but that is not intended to be a diss. Now, fast forward to 2014 or whenever you have to read this review. If you decide to take a stab at Dragonball, keep in mind the look of it has aged, but just do not let that stop you from watching this story.

Sound: 7/10. The sound found from Dragonball is certainly not the level of masterpiece or is the best, but it is still really good. You could say, it works. The actual OP / ED sounds rather good in Japanese or dubbed, so no complaints there. My 7/10 is simply due to there being better, but far worse. If you have the time and energy, listen to the OP / ED both in Japanese and dubbed, and tell me what you fancy more!

Character: 9/10. The characters in any anime can sometimes make or break an anime, but thankfully the characters in Dragonball nowhere near break it. Actually, the characters overall are fantastic and all play a role in telling the story of Goku Dragonball. The main character of Dragonball is Goku, a young boy who has a tail and is extremely gifted in martial arts. Goku loves to eat which is a bit cliche and has a pure heart and a strong sense of justice. Along his journey, he meets a number of interesting characters:

Bulma: Blue hair teenager who wants a boyfriend. She has a temper, but becomes one of Goku's closest friends.

Master Roshi: A pervert who lives on an island with a turtle. He awards Goku the flying nimbus for saving his friend turtle and becomes his teacher.

Pilaf: A blue creature who wants to obtain the dragonballs for world domination.

Oolong: A pig that can turn into any object.

Yamcha: A bandit that is extremely shy around girls and hangs around with the flying cat puar, who can also shapeshift.

Krillen: A bald and short boy who trains alongside Goku with Master Roshi. He begins as Goku's enemy, but soon after becomes his best friend.

Enjoyment: 8/10. I really enjoyed Dragonball and incredible story it told. It followed the manga really well which was enjoyable and nice. It is not my favorite in terms of enjoyment, but is up there in my ranking. No further information is needed, because I have indirectly already told you reasons I enjoyed this anime, and I certainly would hate to bore you.

Overall: 8/10. Dragonball, a legend in the anime industry is certainly worthy of my 8/10. It is truly an anime that will live on forever.

Find.. Those..

Dragonball~

Junior Member Guildsumner is on a distinguished road Guildsumner's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2014 09:03 AM
    Threads

Awesome review! ^_^
    8/10

Gil
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Guildsumner View Post
    Awesome review! ^_^
    8/10
    Please refrain from posting without posting a review. It defeats the purpose of the thread.

Though, I'll post one up so the thread can continue:

(Its short, but hope you get a decent read out of it):

Nyaruko San W: OVA

Review: Ahhh, hotsprings. A location that shows off the richness of the human body of all parties involved. While the hotsprings episode is overdone in anime and will continue to be, it was still fun seeing the Nyaruko crew again and ecchi fans will likely enjoy the fanservice handed to them. Now, let me be completely honest here. I'm indifferent with ecchi, sometimes I love it and sometimes I wish certain anime would remove it. Nyaruko-san is NOT the latter.

This OVA is roughly fifteen minutes long and brings the crew of Haiyore! Nyaruko-San W (2nd season) back for an encore and delivers with the usual comedic goodness that Nyaruko-San offers. I must warn people who truly hate ecchi that there are butt shots, and a few of them at that. I personally enjoyed it, but it is completely understandable that some will not. I really suggest watching both seasons of Nyaruko-San before watching this because it was animated after the two seasons and takes place after them. I'll admit, there is no real story to this OVA and was likely created for the fanservice, but fans of Nyaruko-San will most likely enjoy this episode.

I'm pretty confident most-all of the important characters are shown at least once, so if you like a certain character you'll be really glad seeing them again.

Overall, I am fan of the anime so I award this a 7/10. I enjoyed it completely and believe some others will as well.

Junior Member Darkfoxtrooper is on a distinguished road Darkfoxtrooper's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2014 10:53 PM
    Threads

I'd Give the review a 6/10 originally but It made me look that series up which is a plus so 8/10!!!

Review for Kill La Kill
    Release date: First episode date: October 3, 2013
    End date: Final episode date: March 27, 2014

This anime starts off in a setting of a school ruled by one empress and her four main guards of order.
    We start by entering Honnouji Academy where you are introduced to the powerful Goku uniforms that are what gives
    Great power to those that wear them based on their Star level.
    Very quickly we are shown that there is a hierarchy of power at this school that is dominated by Rule's and Order.
    We are then introduced to our main character Ryuko Matoi as she enters that school and is quick to start a brawl looking
    for the "big Cheese" of Honnouji Academy" is.
    Next step in is our antagonist Satsuki Kiryuin who is the Leader of the student council and is the end all be all of
    the Honnouji Academy.
    After they first meet ryuko inform's everyone that she is here to find out who has slain her father and her one clue
    is a scissor sword left behind at the scene. This blade peeks Satsuki intrest and so begins these charaters plot between
    each other although ryuko quickly finds that she is no match for the goku uniforms on her own and must make a retreat to her home.
    This is wear we are introduced to our supporting main charater a sailor uniform that is alive.
    Introduced we find Senketsu the living outfit which is made of the same LIFE FIBEr that powers the goku unifrom.
    Ryuko qucikly finds that this uniform can give her the power to contest the Goku uniforms that are between her and
    Satsuki and starts her way fighting up the ranks of her school so she can get the answers she wants.

Hope the review helps people who haven't heard of this series get into. I only gave a quick overview of the first few episodes as to not spoiler anything for anyone who has not seen it yet.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2014 06:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

2-10 That was a summary/intro to an anime, not a review of it. That being said, your intro does have me interested.

Spice and Wolf
    Release date: Some time ago
    End Date: some time less ago...but not really. books go on past season 2...but no announcement of 3rd season yet.

Story: 9/10
    Its delivery is absolutely flawless. It really helps you get absorbed into the world. It helps bring the characters to life and gives you a very easy way to relate to them. The only thing I can think of that I don't like is that it is a fairly plain one. Merchant meets a Wool goddess, and ends up helping her with her journey to her homeland. But while this may be a very basic overall story, its its simplicity that makes this such a gripping show. Theres nothing complicated to really wrap your head around. All thats really going on is the amazing development of the relationship between the two characters, Lawrence (the merchant), and Holo (the wolf).

Characters: 10/10
    Theres really only two that matter
    Craft Lawrence- A traveling merchant with a humble dream of owning his own store. He reminds me a lot of myself. Not in occupation, but in personality and problem solving strategy. Lawrence is a highly intelligent yet very humble person. All he thinks of is costs and profit. He's constantly doing the math and thinking of different ways to gain more money. A skill which does him no good when dealing with his companion Holo. Is lack of ability to think with his heart also causes some frustration for the viewer as you will find yourself hoping for him to say or do something...then he doesn't.

Holo the Wise wolf- The god for rich harvest abandoned by the people who once worshipped her. She is many centuries old, a fact easily forgotten by her youthful appearance and tendency to act childish especially once she begins to drink. Her words are witty and sarcastic. She's good at speaking of the many things that trouble her mind, but is equally good at hiding them. She seems to do things impulsively, but usually ends up showing that there was a plan. On the surface she appears to be a two faced coin, but as you get to know her, you start to discover which side is the real one.

Visuals: 6/10
    While the environments are beautifully illustrated, there are things that could be improved. The characters are by no means poorly animated, but they're also nothing special. I'm guessing they did it for age restriction reasons, but there are plenty of scenes where Holo is naked, but she's drawn without nipples. It doesn't take away from the series at all, I just find the look to be slightly strange.

Sound: 10/10
    The music helps bring the period of the story to life. It feels like its set in the right time, and matches the mood perfectly.
    I watched the dubbed version, and it is easily the best voice acting I've ever heard. It actually sounds like the voice actors were very passionate about the characters they played.

Overall: 10/10
    Ive rewatched this one 3 times, and it never got boring. I've shown up late to work thanks to this show, and it never bothered me at all. Simply a wonderful love story between the two most dynamic characters i've ever seen in a show.

Kaleohano derailing threads everywhere he go
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Member LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2014 09:36 AM
    Threads

I give that an 7/10, very solid review that explains reasoning well, I just felt it was a tad over biased?

---------------------

Release Date- Spring Season 2014
    Production Company- Brains Base
    Genre- Drama, Slice of Life
    Episodes- 12

I covered it in the video review which is my medium of choice but, I'll happily summarise~

Story (8.26/10)
    The story definitely excels at pacing. It's very hard for a series to balance two opposites, in this case the rather slow slice of life and the rather climactic dramatic portions. It doesn't feel like the story is dragging or running ahead of itself all too much. That being said however, the story is rather simplistic and there isn't that much that hasn't been done in the genre before. The amnesia trope is used in this series to great effect, better than most series use it which is something you would hope if that's what the series is about. We get to see the real life struggles of people dealing with real issues.

Characters (9.11/10)
    The characters are easily the best part of this series. The romance genre of nowadays if overloaded with perfect characters and this cliche is rather overdone. In contrast, the series characters are actually rather realistic and flawed. This makes them engaging not only because we can related to them, as also because those very flaws build deeper characters. On top of that, the interactions between each of the characters are some of the best moments of the series. Often it was enjoyable simple to watch these characters interact, which is rather difficult to achieve without make them extremes.

Visuals (7.42/10)
    The visuals fit the mood of the show perfectly. It had an almost soft water-colour like texture that coupled with the lighter colour palette sets it's visuals apart from the typical series of it's genre, which tend to either favour brighter or gloomier palettes. Additionally, the animation was while not amazing, enough so that it did not detract from the series. It wasn't distracting, and it didn't particularly need to be great given the genre.

Sound (7.77/10)
    The soundtrack was nice, however there wasn't anything particularly special about it. It utilised a typical acoustic orchestration as would be found in the slice of life genre. If there was anything to comment on it would be that there are no "climactic" or "dramatic" songs in the OST, even the ones played during the serious portions of the show are just sad, as oppose to dramatic. The voice acting was also top notch and while not the best, was an impressive performance considering that the entire main cast was made up of relatively new talent.

Overall (8.14/10)
    It's a rather humble yet effective drama that doesn't fail to not only make us attached to it's realistic and relatable characters, but also presents us with a good representation of the amnesia trope and how it can be utilised to great effect. If you're into your drama I would highly recommend it, however it's not a series that will make you love the genre if you find yourself not drawn to this type of anime.

Check out my anime review show:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLOROnline

Gil
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

7/10.

Short, but to the point.

Sword Art Online II Recap Review: Its short, but it actually is the highest rated review on MaL for this OVA!

SAO since its debut has been famous for attracting fans, but a massive crowd of haters to bash and derail any quality it may or may not have. I would consider myself almost completely neutral, but today I was witness to the worst done recap episode of any medium I've seen:

Sword Art Online II: Debriefing. In a span of 24 minutes, this episode really didn't do this season any justice and any newcomers to this season would be completely confused on what is going on.

You know:

- Why does Kirito's avatar look like a female?
    - Why is Kirito here in the first place?
    - How are there two Death Guns and what is the story behind it?
    - Who was the women and girl at the end of the episode talking to Sinon?

Simply point: If you haven't seen the season then you will just need to guess and assume which is why this recap fails. A recap should tell the story decently well to new viewers and help clear up past confusions. This recap does not do that.

Just watch the first 14 episodes, trust me on this. Those questions will be answered

Member Solomore is on a distinguished road Solomore's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Red Dango Notebook Starbucks Dogtag
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2014 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: DKSolomore Steam ID: solomoremalott

Wink Re: Rate the review above you V1

8/10. Short and to the point, but could have added more details.
    I like to think of japanese style visual novels as related to manga/anime, so while I wait for the go ahead to post it on its own thread, heres a review for Katawa Shoujo. I like to refrain from using numbered scores as it adds an unnecessary aspect to the review, it just doesn't seem to fit, However I would give it an over-all around 7.5-8.5

Katawa Shoujo Review
    Are you able to seize the day?”
    Katawa Shoujo is a bishoujo style visual novel developed by Four Leaf Studios beginning in 2007 and finally releasing its full version at the start of 2012. With a 5 year development cycle Katawa Shoujo shows that persistence and a genuine and sensitive approach to its subject matter pays off

Introduction

Around the new year of 2007, A post on 4Chan showcasing works by RAITA detailing art and concepts dubbed “Katawa Shoujo”, Which sparked like wildfire on the /a/ 4Chan board, with different scenarios, love stories, and ideas being thrown about, and soon an entire game based off of a single picture, began development with a team of a amateur developers began.
    Story
    Katawa Shoujo puts you in the shoes of Hisao Nakai, A normal boy who was leading a normal life until suffering from a heart attack and a long hospitalization. Following his attack he is sent to Yamaku Academy for Physically Disabled Children (It is mentioned by teachers that Yamaku does not take in Mental Disabilities) under doctor’s recommendations. Hisao must leave his past behind him and cope with his new life and surroundings while dealing with new friends and a heart condition that can prove fatal at any moment.
    Katawa Shoujo has a good variety of love interests with different personalities and ideals, and their own story. Depending on the choices you make, the friends you have, your love interest, and even your own personality change and continue the story. Each path has its own values and characteristics that keep the same visual novel continuously refreshing, and always gives you a reason to return to Yamaku Academy
    Lily was born blind, and despite this has adapted to life without vision. She is wise and is a motherly figure to her friend Hanako
    Hanako is a very shy and reclusive girl who is covered in scars on one side of her body from a fire, she is best friends with Lily
    Emi is a very cheerful person who, despite being amputated below the knee on both legs, runs on the track team with the best of them. She is friends with Rin
    Rin is an accomplished artist at school, and is a very strange and philosophical person. Born with a defect that left her without arms, she wears a boy’s uniform. She is friends with Emi
    Shizune is strong willed and a skilled manipulator, she loves pulling other people into her life and takes charge in any situation despite being deaf and mute. Her best friend and interpreter is Misha

Music and Art

Katawa Shoujo uses simplistic traditional sprite-based art, backgrounds, and occasionally special images and scenes, together with a sound track that leaves many games in the dust with its quality and quantity to tell the story. The artists have different art, sprites, and images for each character with a unique watercolor style that isn’t often found in other visual novels or anime though not necessarily polished or high quality it has its own unique charm that separates it from the more common art styles, and the music is perfect for fitting any mood for any moment. For those who love the soundtrack, it’s free to download on the Katawa Shoujo official website

Replayability and Completion

With multiple endings, routes, music, and other hidden extras, Katawa Shoujo encourages the player to play the game over, and over again, to collect Movies, Images, Scenes, Music, and even pieces of the story to complete the gallery, and the game. With the use of save states built into the game it makes it easier to get back to your previous spot to choose another option to keep the ball rolling. Some extras require x% completion to find which may seem like a pain, and are indeed sometimes confusing as you won’t exactly know what you’re missing to look for, but it’s worth it when it’s finally unlocked for later on-demand viewing. As you complete more, and more of the story the main menu changes accordingly as a small token for completing a specific section of the game, There aren’t any secret endings or anything like hidden secrets (Though originally semi-implemented in the alpha and beta builds), So the reward may not be appealing to everyone.

Verdict

Katawa Shoujo may have been made by a small staff of self-proclaimed “Amateur Developers”, from 4Chan, But Katawa Shoujo is able to take sensitive subject matter, and make a Genuine and Sensitive approach accordingly. While the subject matter may be off-putting it’s definitely worth giving a try. With good Replayability, Unlockable Galleries, a touching heartfelt story, good character development, and at no cost. Katawa Shoujo deserves a spot in anyone’s game folder, but it’s more recommended to mature audiences to fully enjoy, otherwise play with mature scenes off. Katawa Shoujo is available free of cost, along with a Soundtrack, and an Unofficial Android Port available as well.

Positives
    Lots of Content for Free, Great stories and flow variation, genuine feelings toward subject matter, Easy to use save state and skip system, Free to download game and soundtrack, Controller controls optional, Low spec requirements
    Negatives:

Unlockable Gallery feels convoluted at times, difficult to convince other people to play it due to the subject matter, Android port has a long start-up time and menu does not work properly with some devices and consumes steady battery

Final Words
    Katawa Shoujo was the visual novel that didn’t require work to obtain, but could easily charge money and would still be worth picking up. While I haven’t 100% completed it (yet) I always enjoy coming back to it. Trying for Lily’s or Emi’s path may be a good start to get you into the feeling of how the more sensitive subject matter is handled.

Download the game and soundtrack, as well as other extras here: http://www.Katawa-shoujo.com
    Unofficial Android Port available here (With Instructions) http://pastebin.com/ZyRkVY5W

[Id of course add images, video, etc to its own thread, but i didnt want to be too flashy with this one.]

[Update 11/20/2014 Since the original posting of this, i have made a full fledged review of Katawa Shoujo in the video games section of the forums which can be found here; http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...o#post2835809]
    Last edited by Solomore; 11-20-2014 at 08:40 AM.

12. Likes tesaamari liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Posts cleaned. Thank you by the way Solomore, I only deleted your post too so people continue on with the thread from your review. The next poster can just ignore this post and continue on by rating Solomore's review and posting any review they want. (:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information