AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hellsing vs Ultimate

Junior Member Dannyboy212 is on a distinguished road Dannyboy212's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2014 01:06 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Hellsing vs Ultimate

Which is better? Hellsing or Hellsing Ultimate? I've already watched hellsing and was wondering if Hellsing Ultimate was worth watching?

Senior Member Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2014 05:44 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fungy Chroom

Default Re: Hellsing vs Ultimate

Worth watching? WORTH WATCHING?!
    Hellsing the original series is already masterfully badass.
    However Hellsing Ultimate takes it yet to another level.
    The Hellsing Ultimate covers the same story, but boosts the fights scenes. They become even more entertaining to watch.
    And they don't even stop there, they continue the story as I believe the first 3 or 4 eps op Ultimate cover the entire Hellsing series.
    It's 40-50 mins every OVA I believe.
    So basically there is alot more to watch with the Ultimate series as it's longer. There is further character development for the girl mainly and also for alucard I think. You'll get to see Alucard in his 'original form' and something bad donkey will happen to the girl aswell
    Deff worth the watch by far!

Hope it helped.
    He's just a dandy guy, in space.

Doll Girl Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts One Piece Wanted Poster Soras Keyblade Alice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2014 03:25 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dragons Rioting PSN ID: ManyuuHikenchou

Hellsing ultimate it follows the manga

Senior Member GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Piano
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2018 07:35 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tOSUguy2002

Nice to see this! I just bought the Ultimate Volumes 1-4 and 5-8 on blu ray from amazon a couple days ago. they will arrive on tuesday and ill start watching them right away

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

Ultimate is infinitely better. It's a lot cooler and explains things better. It also has a LOT more gore. My avi is actually from episode 6 or so, one of Alucard's dreams.

My mood on a daily basis

Junior Member Tekkonkinkreet is on a distinguished road Tekkonkinkreet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2014 02:57 PM
    Threads

Ultimate.
    Hellsing was for kids. They didn't want them to see the real deal.
    Ultimate is twice as intense; Both in story and visuals.

Junior Member The Batlord is on a distinguished road The Batlord's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2014 08:34 PM
    Threads

I read the manga before I even know much of anything about the original series, so I couldn't have cared less about the TV series. If I'd seen the series before I read the manga or saw Ultimate then I would've liked it better, but when I'm given vampire Nazis, the greatest idea for villains of all time, and then get that replaced with some guy with tattoos there's no way to recover from that.

Not to mention their treatment of the Valentine brothers and Anderson was completely inferior to the manga and Ultimate. And not just because of less violence. The original scene of the Valentine brothers attacking the Hellsing mansion was brilliant because it was so sudden and completely unexpected. It was visceral, fast-paced, and felt like it was over far too quickly. In the TV series they dragged it on for two episodes (probably because they had nothing better to fill another episode with) and started it with some boring crap about spies and a club. The only thing that mattered about the Valentine brothers was the attack. The details of their other operations were unnecessary and only held up the important storyline.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

I actually like the version without Nazis.

Hellsing

Hellsing ultimate

Last edited by Clayton_n; 07-28-2014 at 08:29 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information