AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pokémon: Love it or Hate it??? >°<

Member SexyPikachuGaru28 is on a distinguished road SexyPikachuGaru28's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2014 10:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Pokémon: Love it or Hate it??? >°<

Well as we all know,Pokémon is about beatting the best trainers,gyms and catching all of the Pokemon you find on your way.Even if there Rare,Shiny or seriously ridiculously lame (like *magikarp,yeah that fish that serious dose nothing)

Anyways...

I really like Pokémon because you get to meet lots of new Pokémon you never seen before -u-
    But I really dislike is that every new game has more Pokémon than the before!!

so tell me your likes or dislike about this game -U-
    *I may misspelled the name but dose it really matter??

Senior Member AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2016 10:21 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Pokémon: Love it or Hate it??? >°<

If its not Red or Blue, I've never played it. #oldschool

3. Likes Lord Xasthur liked this post
    Member Kaniiki is a splendid one to behold Kaniiki is a splendid one to behold Kaniiki is a splendid one to behold Kaniiki is a splendid one to behold Kaniiki is a splendid one to behold Kaniiki is a splendid one to behold Kaniiki's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2014 11:21 AM
    Threads

regardless of how many new ones get added, i dislike it if its not possible to catch them all without having older editions. look in x and y for example, like half of the pokedex you cant get if you dont use pokebank or get from other people :\

5. Thanks .:neuko:. thanked for this post
    ~Neko Neko Neko~ KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Cookie Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Love hate relationship.

&#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

I could go on about Pokémon for ages lol. I've been with it since RBY.

I think the only generation I didn't care for was Gen 5. I know they added a lot of stuff into B2W2, but the first games were just super boring imo. I didn't like most of the Pokemon you were forced to use in the beginning (aside from the Snivy and Oshawott lines). I didn't start liking the designs of the new Pokemon until I got farther into the game where I could catch Litwick, Pawniard, and Deino. Really, the only reason I kept playing was because I liked the rival N. That was really it. He was a trippy character.

Now as someone who loved gens 1-4, I was really worried about what Gamefreak would try after the Black and White games. But the trailers for X&Y got my hopes up again. I love most of the designs, as opposed to gen 5, where I disliked most of them. The French inspiration for it was also pretty cool, and ofc the customization has been a looong-awaited feature. So I'm super excited to start my X version as soon as I get a 3DS/XL.

Until I can play through it myself to make a more solid opinion though, I'd have to say my favorite gen so far is gen 2, and especially the Johto game remakes. I've spent hundreds of hours on them. And yes, I still use my PokéWalker. As a matter of fact, it's in my pocket right now with a shiny Umbreon on it.

So yeah. I guess you could say I'm a fan. Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Quote Originally Posted by Kaniiki View Post
    regardless of how many new ones get added, i dislike it if its not possible to catch them all without having older editions. look in x and y for example, like half of the pokedex you cant get if you dont use pokebank or get from other people :\
    But... it's been like that since the very first games. o_O There've always been version-exclusive Pokémon. And in X&Y, you can catch far more Pokémon from the previous generations compared to Black and White, and maybe even Diamond and Pearl. And the Pokédex for the Gen 3 games is nearly impossible to complete unless you have Colosseum and the Kanto remakes. At least in Gen 4 and up, you have the GTS to search for Pokémon you can't find.

Member Kaniiki is a splendid one to behold Kaniiki is a splendid one to behold Kaniiki is a splendid one to behold Kaniiki is a splendid one to behold Kaniiki is a splendid one to behold Kaniiki is a splendid one to behold Kaniiki's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by RyuTama View Post
    But... it's been like that since the very first games. o_O There've always been version-exclusive Pokémon. And in X&Y, you can catch far more Pokémon from the previous generations compared to Black and White, and maybe even Diamond and Pearl. And the Pokédex for the Gen 3 games is nearly impossible to complete unless you have Colosseum and the Kanto remakes. At least in Gen 4 and up, you have the GTS to search for Pokémon you can't find.
    orly? then it always sucked xD as far as I remember in silver I could get everything, beside some from gold and celebi. in sapphire and diamond I didn't care for dex. black and white I didn't play o-o

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

orly? then it always sucked xD as far as I remember in silver I could get everything, beside some from gold and celebi. in sapphire and diamond I didn't care for dex. black and white I didn't play o-o
    That is just an attempt for them to make more money which seems to be working.
    Pokemon is fun. I still try to play the games, but ever since mid last year I lost some major interest. I wanted to buy a Z version since I have yet to play X or Y, but doubt that is happening.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

^I hit that point With Diamond. Haven't played since. Though I am pondering getting the Gold/Silver remake since those are still the best two games in the series.

Gil
    Cold
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

well pokemon x was the main reason why i got a 3ds. so i got disappointed after seeing how many i could get just from older editions. and since in gts people mostly want just legendaries for everything, only way for me is wondertrading all day and get breed left overs. but thats just a personal opinion.

for getting back on topic, i dont find it bad if there are more new pokemon. without new ones, the different editions would all be almost the same. gamefreak isnt creative with stories so..
    more pokemon means more different strategies, more to collect. as long as it arent cheap copies of older pokemon <.<
    beside in gen 6 are just 68 new ones(without unreleased ones). thats fine i think

Member Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-18-2014 11:11 AM
    Threads

I only remember the cartoon, but i never had any interest in the game. Although i did like "Pokemon Stadium" on Nintendo 64 against friends.

Member Hinterlandis is on a distinguished road Hinterlandis's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2014 11:12 PM
    Threads

I have a love/hate relationship with it.

I'm a dedicated fan, but I wish there were more plot to the games. I don't like all of the pointless new features that they keep (well, useless to me anyway). Every gen has something special about it and each has been revolutionary it it's own way, but 4 is my favorite and 5 is where it's begun a slow decline for me.

Junior Member WNHK is on a distinguished road WNHK's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2014 05:22 AM
    Lakenheath, UK (from the US have been stationed in Okinawa, Japan)
    Threads

I hadn't played since yellow. Then decided to pick up Y. I heard black had a pretty decent storyline. I ended up picking the wrong damn game to get back into, because X/Y's story is just as simple as its ever been.
    Last edited by WNHK; 01-23-2014 at 05:24 AM.

The Black Swordsman Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Mario ZStar Autobots
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2019 02:22 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thrain Steam ID: Discade

I enjoyed the Emerald, Sapphire, and Ruby games.

Junior Member Lamthyr is on a distinguished road Lamthyr's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-07-2014 09:21 AM
    Threads

^ Emerald one. My first official Pokemon game I've ever tried. Awesome, 3rd gen FTW.
    And, I love Pokemon, of course. Though, agreeing to previous posts, it's not the same as it was before, it's like they lost a bit of it's essence making lots of ridiculous pokemons. really lol.

Cannibal Countess ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Heart Pocky
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2016 06:26 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChibiLovett Steam ID: ChibiLovett

I mostly know Pokemon from the anime series, which I used to watch all the time and still would now, at least the older ones. I've only ever played one of the games, Leaf Green, because my friend gave it to me when I finally got a GBA since he had already beaten it. It's alright, but it's not like super amazing or anything. It gets a bit repetitive after a while, imo.

Quite honestly, I started losing interest a loooooong time ago. They kept adding way too many and I lost the desire to even attempt to keep up.
    She has no shadows, and she radiates beauty.

Slender body, and two eyes like ebony.

Her spirit's golden, and her mind's a mystery.

Senior Member Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2014 05:44 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fungy Chroom

Love the older Pokemon Games.
    RBY Was awesome and silver/gold was very good.
    Also played sapphire and emerald if I'm not mistaken.

Other then that I didn't have the right console to play the newer ones and couldn't spend all my cash on the new console/game :/
    He's just a dandy guy, in space.

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

look in x and y for example, like half of the pokedex you cant get if you dont use pokebank or get from other people :\
    I love Pokémon X and Y, but also have the same concerns. Thus far, Pokebank seems to be the only viable option to storing all unique Pokémon species up to generation VI; so in other words, I'm being virtually forced to pay some annual fee (albeit a low amount) to permit the overall objective of Pokémon, and by the same token, catch and keep all 700+ Pokémon species already sold to me on my game card. Oh, but wait... I can't even download Pokebank since it's not yet been released in my country ('least last time I checked).

I learnt how costly not having Pokebank was when I decided to erase my saved Pokémon X game data and start over. Consequently I lost my special event Torchic (which of course was holding the valuable Blazikenite for "megaluuution") and could not "redownload" this Pokémon since this event has now been closed as of January 15th. In hindsight I would have thought to temp-trade my Torchic to a trustworthy friend, then exchange it back with their traded Pokémon after restarting my game; but still, as a paying customer, surely I should have the right to restart my game whenever I like without the risk of permanently losing access to content serving the main concept of the game itself.

Pokémon X is the only game I've owned in which erasing my game data can apparently cost access to valuable keys content--which at the mercy of a business company might be simply denied afterwards. So what if I have the option to trade with other players online? Who in the right mind is going to trade a limited-time, Blazikenite-holding Torchic for even an internally-accessible legendary, let alone a merely rare Pokémon? And what of the post-January 15th consumers buying Pokémon X or Pokémon Y? Both games will still be sold to these consumers at the same price--but of course, without access to the special event Torchic.

As you might have guessed, I'm not a huge fan of DLC, even this somewhat indirect and relatively subtle form of DLC imposed by Gamefreak and Nintendo; and compared to other games with DLC, I'm cutting Pokémon X and Y some slack here only because they are otherwise exceptional games--and even with the sneaky pay-x-dollars-per-year-to-keep-all-unique-Pokémon-species DLC, still great value for money. However, I do think there's something unethical about a game with which the end user is forced to pay an annual fee for a "service" that offers little more than ample slots for data that could have been easily managed by an SD card. Sure, the exchanging of Pokémon data needs to be handled by servers when it comes to stuff like online trading or battling; but when it comes to sheer storage, I shouldn't have to rely on some external server to "manage" my valuable collection of 700+ Pokémon species, especially when the same needs can be served by a more efficient, more accessible, and more reliable storage device. And as for special distribution events: why couldn't the necessary data for my special event Torchic have been stored to my SD card instead of my game card? At least then I would have got my Torchic back on restarting my game.

As I said before, I love Pokémon X and Y; but it's because I like these games so much that I as much dislike the questionable business practices around them, and why until now I've never really delved too deep into the Pokémon franchise. Overall though, Pokémon X and Y have so many addictive qualities and so much replay value that I could quite easily not care to play any other game on my 3DS or Wii for several moths--and that's saying a lot.
    Last edited by .:neuko:.; 02-10-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The Pokémon games are decent.

The anime, however.

WTH times infinity.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Senior Member Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts 004 - Charmander
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2014 03:59 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lord Xasthur PSN ID: LordXasthur

It really just depends on the game for me, although there are a lot of new ones I have yet to even play yet, so I can't exactly say anthing about if I haven't played it.

Doll Girl Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts One Piece Wanted Poster Soras Keyblade Alice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2014 03:25 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dragons Rioting PSN ID: ManyuuHikenchou

I like the game but, not much changes

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information