AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 52

Thread: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

  1. #26
    Member stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron's Avatar
    Gil
    961.23
    Gender
    Gifts Eva NERV Ramen
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2014 01:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Threads
    4
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: stocksatron PSN ID: stocksatron

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    They could have simply been saved wrong causing the issue I stated. Push the audio back ever so slightly and you might not get that.
    I'm not sure that Madman and MVM would of had faulty masters, I'll contact them and see what they say.

  2. #27
    Junior Member JustThatOneGuy is on a distinguished road JustThatOneGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    654.58
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2014 10:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Threads
    0
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    Yeah.. So I might be in the minority, but I can't stand sub. I hate having to read the entire time, and having to look down. I want to see the actual show. You can't tell what they are saying. So it's just a constant garble of noise haha. I will choose dub over sub any day. Now I'm not saying that people who like sub are wrong. I'm just saying it's what I like.

  3. Likes AllHopeInEclipse liked this post
  4. #28
    Member stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron's Avatar
    Gil
    961.23
    Gender
    Gifts Eva NERV Ramen
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2014 01:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Threads
    4
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: stocksatron PSN ID: stocksatron

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustThatOneGuy View Post
    Yeah.. So I might be in the minority, but I can't stand sub. I hate having to read the entire time, and having to look down. I want to see the actual show. You can't tell what they are saying. So it's just a constant garble of noise haha. I will choose dub over sub any day. Now I'm not saying that people who like sub are wrong. I'm just saying it's what I like.
    Thanks for bringing us back to the point of the thread there

  5. #29
    AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    91,957.45
    Gender
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Watermelon
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2014 02:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    451
    Posts
    8,663
    Blog Entries
    100
    Rep Power
    8193
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustThatOneGuy View Post
    Yeah.. So I might be in the minority, but I can't stand sub. I hate having to read the entire time, and having to look down. I want to see the actual show. You can't tell what they are saying. So it's just a constant garble of noise haha. I will choose dub over sub any day. Now I'm not saying that people who like sub are wrong. I'm just saying it's what I like.
    I'm amazed so many people can't read the subs while watching the anime at the same time.

    No offense or anything as dubs vs subs come down to preference (subs have better voice acting though), but that excuse makes me wonder if the dub fanbase is made up of slow readers. Doing both at the same time is really easy..
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

  6. Likes Inactive_Account liked this post
  7. #30
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    1,963.92
    Gender
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 09:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    26
    Threads
    65
    Posts
    4,755
    Rep Power
    2447
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: GameGeeks

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    I'm amazed so many people can't read the subs while watching the anime at the same time.

    No offense or anything as dubs vs subs come down to preference (subs have better voice acting though), but that excuse makes me wonder if the dub fanbase is made up of slow readers. Doing both at the same time is really easy..
    No they don't. You can't tell the quality of the voice acting since you don't know the language. Meaning you can't tell the acting is bad or not (baring if it's quite obvious such as monotone that's not a character trait). You can just tell when it comes to English since you know the language.

  8. #31
    AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    91,957.45
    Gender
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Watermelon
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2014 02:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    451
    Posts
    8,663
    Blog Entries
    100
    Rep Power
    8193
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    No they don't. You can't tell the quality of the voice acting since you don't know the language. Meaning you can't tell the acting is bad or not (baring if it's quite obvious such as monotone that's not a character trait). You can just tell when it comes to English since you know the language.
    I love how you jump to conclusions thinking everyone who thinks subs sound better than dubs don't understand japanese. I may not understand japanese fully(getting a slight better at it though), but you better stop thinking that way because it ruins your argument before it even started. I know all sorts of anime fans who understand Japanese and sticks by subs being better and think MOST dubs are near horrible. Dubs like Cowboy Bebop and Haruhi are really good, unlike most.

    Also, just because someone doesn't understand japanese does not mean they are dumb enough to not realize what sounds good to the ears. If you can't then I am sorry, but not everyone is like you or other people who cannot.

    Dubs sound really bad for the most part as a good chunk of dubs seem to ignore the character themself and dish out dubs for the fans. Homura from Madoka Magica in dub sounds completely different than what her character should sound like and it makes her become a less interesting character. Though, I'm sure you'll disagree.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

  9. #32
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    1,963.92
    Gender
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 09:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    26
    Threads
    65
    Posts
    4,755
    Rep Power
    2447
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: GameGeeks

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    I love how you jump to conclusions thinking everyone who thinks subs sound better than dubs don't understand japanese. I may not understand japanese fully(getting a slight better at it though), but you better stop thinking that way because it ruins your argument before it even started. I know all sorts of anime fans who understand Japanese and sticks by subs being better and think MOST dubs are near horrible. Dubs like Cowboy Bebop and Haruhi are really good, unlike most.

    Also, just because someone doesn't understand japanese does not mean they are dumb enough to not realize what sounds good to the ears. If you can't then I am sorry, but not everyone is like you or other people who cannot.

    Dubs sound really bad for the most part as a good chunk of dubs seem to ignore the character themself and dish out dubs for the fans. Homura from Madoka Magica in dub sounds completely different than what her character should sound like and it makes her become a less interesting character. Though, I'm sure you'll disagree.
    Where's the confusion? You quite clearly stated, "Subs have better voice acting though" right in your post. There's no jumping to conclusions. It's there plain as day. Sounds better I have no problem with. That falls under preference. What I have a problem with is your statement that subs have better voice acting. And I'll counter your Homura comment with Kenshin. In the sub he sounds like a girl, but in the dub he has a much better voice. It works both ways. Now take Slayers, both the sub and dub voices suit Lina. My main point in all this just because it's subbed doesn't mean it's instantly better. To be honest, I've watched more subs then dub since most of the anime I've watched never got a dub. I don't have a preference for one over the other. I've had anime where I've preferred the sub over the dub. I've also had anime where I prefer the dub over the sub. My main issue is people seeming to say things as fact when it all comes down to opinion.

  10. #33
    AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    91,957.45
    Gender
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Watermelon
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2014 02:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    451
    Posts
    8,663
    Blog Entries
    100
    Rep Power
    8193
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Where's the confusion? You quite clearly stated, "Subs have better voice acting though" right in your post. There's no jumping to conclusions. It's there plain as day. Sounds better I have no problem with. That falls under preference. What I have a problem with is your statement that subs have better voice acting. And I'll counter your Homura comment with Kenshin. In the sub he sounds like a girl, but in the dub he has a much better voice. It works both ways. Now take Slayers, both the sub and dub voices suit Lina. My main point in all this just because it's subbed doesn't mean it's instantly better. To be honest, I've watched more subs then dub since most of the anime I've watched never got a dub. I don't have a preference for one over the other. I've had anime where I've preferred the sub over the dub. I've also had anime where I prefer the dub over the sub. My main issue is people seeming to say things as fact when it all comes down to opinion.
    What are you talking about? Its almost like you read my post and decided to change what I meant. You ARE jumping to conclusions thinking people who say subs are better than dubs don't know or understand the language. You've done it twice already. Not even sure why you decided to change my reasoning for saying you jumped to conclusions. This ALMOST made me stop reading your entire reply, but I do consider you a friend and debating is what forums are for. So I continued.

    I never watched Kenshi in sub so I can't debate that, but my friend would gasp from that. Though, not really sure TBH.

    Opinion? Erm. An opinion is liking dubs if you don't like subs. Though not liking subs and saying subs have worse voice acting than dubs is very different. Some dubs are pretty decent, but most dubs just don't do the anime justice.

    I'm not sure how many anime you've compared dub vs sub, but if its under 100 then why are you acting like you know it all? Unlike you though I will avoid jumping to conclusions. How many have you compared without being biased?
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

  11. #34
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    1,963.92
    Gender
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 09:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    26
    Threads
    65
    Posts
    4,755
    Rep Power
    2447
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: GameGeeks

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    (subs have better voice acting though)
    That isn't miss reading anything. Your after isn't referencing that but about people preferring dubs over subs. I can break the sentence down further if you want. You state something you have no way of proving. As for how many I've compared, that doesn't really matter. Lets make a comparison. Magicka, has it's own fake language. You can't understand it but it's fun to listen to. Same with Japanese (unless you do know the language). You don't understand the nuances of the language. Nor how it's used in casual conversation. There's lots of aspects that aren't understood. Something that might sound fine to you might be considered poor by someone who knows the language.

  12. #35
    AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    91,957.45
    Gender
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Watermelon
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2014 02:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    451
    Posts
    8,663
    Blog Entries
    100
    Rep Power
    8193
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    That isn't miss reading anything. Your after isn't referencing that but about people preferring dubs over subs. I can break the sentence down further if you want. You state something you have no way of proving. As for how many I've compared, that doesn't really matter. Lets make a comparison. Magicka, has it's own fake language. You can't understand it but it's fun to listen to. Same with Japanese (unless you do know the language). You don't understand the nuances of the language. Nor how it's used in casual conversation. There's lots of aspects that aren't understood. Something that might sound fine to you might be considered poor by someone who knows the language.
    I never said you said that you jumped to conclusions on that sentence though. Putting words in my mouth and changing my reasoning is extremely silly. EXTREMELY. If you continue to change my reasoning on why I said you jumped to conclusions then how am I supposed to take you seriously? I'll move on from that though because you seem out of it and for some reason you think I'm questioning that I wrote subs are better than dubs o_O ....... Cause I did and still stand by that post.

    Lol, IT DOES MATTER. How can you form an opinion without knowing the difference between the dubs and subs for anime? What evidence do you have? How can any person say it depends on the taste of the person, but not listen to both versions? That is like saying the US Power Rangers is better than the original WITHOUT seeing the original. It goes against logic and it really makes zero sense. How biased.

    Do you get it now? Are you going to change my reasoning on why I said you were jumping to conclusions? Will you please research before debating? Man. If you joined 360a with that argument you'd get destroyed.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

  13. #36
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    1,963.92
    Gender
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 09:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    26
    Threads
    65
    Posts
    4,755
    Rep Power
    2447
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: GameGeeks

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    I never said you said that you jumped to conclusions on that sentence though. Putting words in my mouth and changing my reasoning is extremely silly. EXTREMELY. If you continue to change my reasoning on why I said you jumped to conclusions then how am I supposed to take you seriously? I'll move on from that though because you seem out of it and for some reason you think I'm questioning that I wrote subs are better than dubs o_O ....... Cause I did and still stand by that post.

    Lol, IT DOES MATTER. How can you form an opinion without knowing the difference between the dubs and subs for anime? What evidence do you have? How can any person say it depends on the taste of the person, but not listen to both versions? That is like saying the US Power Rangers is better than the original WITHOUT seeing the original. It goes against logic and it really makes zero sense. How biased.

    Do you get it now? Are you going to change my reasoning on why I said you were jumping to conclusions? Will you please research before debating? Man. If you joined 360a with that argument you'd get destroyed.
    Hard not to come to the conclusion I did when you never said what you thought I was jumping to conclusions about and I haven't put any words in your mouth. To be able to say that I would have to have said you said something you didn't. And it doesn't matter. The same could be said of subs when asking for proof. What proof do you have that subs are better? I never said one was better then the other. Just that one can prefer one over the other. And I gave examples on each end and in the middle. And Power Rangers are a bad example. They use certain scenes from the original but add a lot of their own and have a completely different story. A better example would be say the remake of the Nutty Professor vs the original. And I think the confusion comes from the first sentence of your previous post. I did not at any time say those who preferred subs didn't know the language. I even stated unless you no Japanese. Which can imply I'm talking about the majority that watch subs and say that and don't know the language. Outside Japan the percentage of anime fans that watch subs that know the language is much lower then the ones that don't. And chances are those that do know the language probably watch raw since they know it and don't need the distracting subtitles.

  14. #37
    AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    91,957.45
    Gender
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Watermelon
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2014 02:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    451
    Posts
    8,663
    Blog Entries
    100
    Rep Power
    8193
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner;2797257[B
    ]I love how you jump to conclusions thinking everyone who thinks subs sound better than dubs don't understand japanese.[/B]
    -_-

    ---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Hard not to come to the conclusion I did when you never said what you thought I was jumping to conclusions about and I haven't put any words in your mouth. To be able to say that I would have to have said you said something you didn't. And it doesn't matter. The same could be said of subs when asking for proof. What proof do you have that subs are better? I never said one was better then the other. Just that one can prefer one over the other. And I gave examples on each end and in the middle. And Power Rangers are a bad example. They use certain scenes from the original but add a lot of their own and have a completely different story. A better example would be say the remake of the Nutty Professor vs the original. And I think the confusion comes from the first sentence of your previous post. I did not at any time say those who preferred subs didn't know the language. I even stated unless you no Japanese. Which can imply I'm talking about the majority that watch subs and say that and don't know the language. Outside Japan the percentage of anime fans that watch subs that know the language is much lower then the ones that don't. And chances are those that do know the language probably watch raw since they know it and don't need the distracting subtitles.
    I'm done. This post is full of nonsense and shows you aren't paying attention. I can't debate like this.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

  15. #38
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    1,963.92
    Gender
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 09:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    26
    Threads
    65
    Posts
    4,755
    Rep Power
    2447
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: GameGeeks

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    -_-

    ---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------



    I'm done. This post is full of nonsense and shows you aren't paying attention. I can't debate like this.
    Not really, everything in it is valid. For example, you asked for proof about about subs vs dubs. After I stated it's all opinion based. And I shot your Power Ranger example down and stated why and provided you a better one. This post just comes off as you not being able to handle someone who wont back down. And I don't think the confusion started on my end. I only ever had issue with you stating subs are better as a fact. That's the only thing I ever had issue with in the initial post.

  16. #39
    AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    91,957.45
    Gender
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Watermelon
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2014 02:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    451
    Posts
    8,663
    Blog Entries
    100
    Rep Power
    8193
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Not really, everything in it is valid. For example, you asked for proof about about subs vs dubs. After I stated it's all opinion based. And I shot your Power Ranger example down and stated why and provided you a better one. This post just comes off as you not being able to handle someone who wont back down. And I don't think the confusion started on my end. I only ever had issue with you stating subs are better as a fact. That's the only thing I ever had issue with in the initial post.
    The confusion didn't start on your end? Way to avoid the proof I offered of your argument being flawed and you attempting to change my reasoning on my post. That in most cases would be the defeat in a debate as taking you seriously would become pretty difficult. You realize that much right?

    What proof do I have that subs are better you ask? Other then me listening to both versions and listen to how most dubs love to destroy the image of the character with horrible voice acting and voices that change the intensity of a character. Plus, dubs make no sense most of the time. A great example of this would be the K-On movie dub. There is a part when Mio is talking english (hence the dub) and a person replies to her in english and Mio is confused due to not understanding him. This stems back to the fact that so many anime get poorly executed dubs that make no sense with the story. Have you watched AKB0048 in dub? So much of that makes little sense and most of the voices sounded off. I have ears y'know.

    Don't even get me started on the Another dub. Where is the energy in this horror based anime? At least the sub voice overs gave that actual sense they were in fear. Dubs do that so much. NO ENERGY with the roles they get. Some dubs are fine, but for every dub that is fine.. FIVE dubs are not.

    Another example. 4kids dub. Holy cow what is this? One Piece has a fantastic sub, why ruin it with that dub? It goes beyond saying that 4kids is TERRIBLE and makes dub overall look worse. I could go on, but those are a few examples of how bad dubs truly are. I do still watch dub (just to compare), but most are just not good and/or confusing. Almost so confusing that at times you have to watch the subs first just to understand what is going on.

    I'm down with people liking dubs, but subs are still better and I will not back down on that.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

  17. #40
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    1,963.92
    Gender
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 09:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    26
    Threads
    65
    Posts
    4,755
    Rep Power
    2447
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: GameGeeks

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    @Yoko Littner
    I love how you jump to conclusions thinking everyone who thinks subs sound better than dubs don't understand japanese.

    That is why I said that. I never said that. Point to where I said that. I quite clearly said unless they knew the language. Most don't. I also said I doubt those who knew the language watched subs and stuck to raw.

    What proof do I have that subs are better you ask? Other then me listening to both versions and listen to how most dubs love to destroy the image of the character with horrible voice acting and voices that change the intensity of a character. Plus, dubs make no sense most of the time.

    That's not proof, that still falls under opinion. Opinion =/= fact. It's just your opinion. As for AKB0048, I haven't seen it period so I can't comment on it. Same goes for K-On. As for 4-Kids, yeah already know they're bad. I wouldn't even use them in a discussion for or against something since they're nothing good about them. And another point, how do you know the sub is an accurate translation. For all you know the text doesn't have any correlation to the voices. No need to debate that since my point is there's so many factors to a language that not knowing it means you can never be certain which is key to my whole debate. With dubs you can be since you know the language.

  18. #41
    AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    91,957.45
    Gender
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Watermelon
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2014 02:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    451
    Posts
    8,663
    Blog Entries
    100
    Rep Power
    8193
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    My comment was towards the other guy and me and how you thought instantly we didn't know Japanese. I know plenty of people who know the language and watch it with subtitles still on. I'm on a xbox party actually once a week that does just that. Ask them why they do it.

    Now let me quote your post. Just in case you reply before I finish <-

    ---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    @Yoko Littner
    I love how you jump to conclusions thinking everyone who thinks subs sound better than dubs don't understand japanese.

    That is why I said that. I never said that. Point to where I said that. I quite clearly said unless they knew the language. Most don't. I also said I doubt those who knew the language watched subs and stuck to raw.

    What proof do I have that subs are better you ask? Other then me listening to both versions and listen to how most dubs love to destroy the image of the character with horrible voice acting and voices that change the intensity of a character. Plus, dubs make no sense most of the time.

    That's not proof, that still falls under opinion. Opinion =/= fact. It's just your opinion. As for AKB0048, I haven't seen it period so I can't comment on it. Same goes for K-On. As for 4-Kids, yeah already know they're bad. I wouldn't even use them in a discussion for or against something since they're nothing good about them. And another point, how do you know the sub is an accurate translation. For all you know the text doesn't have any correlation to the voices. No need to debate that since my point is there's so many factors to a language that not knowing it means you can never be certain which is key to my whole debate. With dubs you can be since you know the language.
    How is it my opinion? It isn't like dubs are the first language the anime characters speak in. The voices in Japanese is how they are supposed to be heard as. Of course if you make a character sound lighter / deeper then obviously it destroys the image of the said character. Picture Sponge Bob in another country with a full on deep voice. That voice would make no sense with how the character is supposed to be shown. When a character like Homura (Madoka Magica) who is supposed to sound tough and almost scary, gets a really light sounding dub.. you cannot take that seriously. It completely changes the character and who they are and voices are a huge role in building a character. That is not an opinion, but a clear fact.

    Did you really group "dubs make no sense" as an opinion? How is the K-On movie example an opinion? Do you need more examples?

    Not all subs are fully accurate, but for the most part they are.

    ---------- Post added at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by gamegeeks View Post
    no they don't. You can't tell the quality of the voice acting since you don't know the language. Meaning you can't tell the acting is bad or not (baring if it's quite obvious such as monotone that's not a character trait). You can just tell when it comes to english since you know the language.
    proof btw.
    Last edited by Yoko Littner; 01-17-2014 at 03:04 AM.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

  19. #42
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    1,963.92
    Gender
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 09:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    26
    Threads
    65
    Posts
    4,755
    Rep Power
    2447
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: GameGeeks

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    My comment was towards the other guy and me and how you thought instantly we didn't know Japanese. I know plenty of people who know the language and watch it with subtitles still on. I'm on a xbox party actually once a week that does just that. Ask them why they do it.

    Now let me quote your post. Just in case you reply before I finish <-

    ---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------



    How is it my opinion? It isn't like dubs are the first language the anime characters speak in. The voices in Japanese is how they are supposed to be heard as. Of course if you make a character sound lighter / deeper then obviously it destroys the image of the said character. Picture Sponge Bob in another country with a full on deep voice. That voice would make no sense with how the character is supposed to be shown. When a character like Homura (Madoka Magica) who is supposed to sound tough and almost scary, gets a really light sounding dub.. you cannot take that seriously. It completely changes the character and who they are and voices are a huge role in building a character. That is not an opinion, but a clear fact.

    Did you really group "dubs make no sense" as an opinion? How is the K-On movie example an opinion? Do you need more examples?

    Not all subs are fully accurate, but for the most part they are.

    ---------- Post added at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------



    proof btw.
    It's your opinion since you don't know the language and thus can't tell if the voice acting is good or bad. You can guess but guessing doesn't lead to fact. It's folly to think that just be cause it's the native language that it's better. It's not. It's not about more examples. It's about you not being able to make a fully educated guess when it comes to the language. Facts can only be had when there's concrete proof. That's not possible when it comes to media. Media is ALL opinion based. That Shakespeare play, guy one loved it so it must be fact that it's good while guys two, five and six hated it and must instantly be wrong. That's basically how you're coming off. As for the voice example with Spongebob, then what about Goku? He sounds like a girl. Does that mean it fits his character? No, most will say the English one does. Or Kenshin who definitely sound much more effeminate in the sub. But even these are just my opinion. Like I said, my main issue is you claiming your opinions as fact when they're just your opinion. And how is that last bit proof? I've been saying that same thing this entire time. It's proof I said it but it's still your opinion on whether you think it's right or wrong.

  20. #43
    Senior Member AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse's Avatar
    Gil
    48,396.93
    Gender
    Gifts Fedora
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2014 10:46 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Age
    28
    Threads
    2
    Posts
    523
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustThatOneGuy View Post
    Yeah.. So I might be in the minority, but I can't stand sub. I hate having to read the entire time, and having to look down. I want to see the actual show. You can't tell what they are saying. So it's just a constant garble of noise haha. I will choose dub over sub any day. Now I'm not saying that people who like sub are wrong. I'm just saying it's what I like.
    I'm with you bro. I will watch a sub if I have to, but I prefer dubs. I enjoy just understanding what is being said. As for the slow read bit, I am a slow reader, which does have an effect on my preference. Also, saying subs have better voice acting is subjective.

  21. #44
    AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    91,957.45
    Gender
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Watermelon
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2014 02:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    451
    Posts
    8,663
    Blog Entries
    100
    Rep Power
    8193
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    It's your opinion since you don't know the language and thus can't tell if the voice acting is good or bad. You can guess but guessing doesn't lead to fact. It's folly to think that just be cause it's the native language that it's better. It's not. It's not about more examples. It's about you not being able to make a fully educated guess when it comes to the language. Facts can only be had when there's concrete proof. That's not possible when it comes to media. Media is ALL opinion based. That Shakespeare play, guy one loved it so it must be fact that it's good while guys two, five and six hated it and must instantly be wrong. That's basically how you're coming off. As for the voice example with Spongebob, then what about Goku? He sounds like a girl. Does that mean it fits his character? No, most will say the English one does. Or Kenshin who definitely sound much more effeminate in the sub. But even these are just my opinion. Like I said, my main issue is you claiming your opinions as fact when they're just your opinion. And how is that last bit proof? I've been saying that same thing this entire time. It's proof I said it but it's still your opinion on whether you think it's right or wrong.
    Sigh. How about this? We could go on like this for four pages (because honestly its been the same thing for the entire page). I do think I'm right, but I am in no position to change your opinion. Same goes for you. How about we agree to disagree? It doesn't seem like any of us will budge and I've been in this debate so many times that it got sorta old.

    I'm not giving up nor does this mean you are. I just see this going on for four more pages and that isn't fair to the OP.

    So how about it?
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

  22. #45
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    1,963.92
    Gender
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 09:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    26
    Threads
    65
    Posts
    4,755
    Rep Power
    2447
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: GameGeeks

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    Sigh. How about this? We could go on like this for four pages (because honestly its been the same thing for the entire page). I do think I'm right, but I am in no position to change your opinion. Same goes for you. How about we agree to disagree? It doesn't seem like any of us will budge and I've been in this debate so many times that it got sorta old.

    I'm not giving up nor does this mean you are. I just see this going on for four more pages and that isn't fair to the OP.

    So how about it?
    That's my whole point, nothing in these discussions should ever be stated as fact. Atoms are a fact, acting performance is an opinion. It's that which irks me. I can't stand it when people go around stating opinions as facts. Because they're not, they're just opinions. Pretty much what I was trying to say the whole time.

  23. #46
    Member Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah has a reputation beyond repute Ohyeah's Avatar
    Gil
    2,546.18
    Gender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-18-2014 12:11 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Threads
    19
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    42

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by pyro tf2 View Post
    they all seemed to frizz in there places every thing naroto and fairy tall i found allot but they all have wired voce actors can some one tell my what happened ?
    When they try to emulate too much too the japanese instead of finding fitting voices for the characters into english, then it will sound strange into English dub. Either it will be cheesy or just not work out, like high pitched voices. Unless you are a kid and they don't really have that high pitched compared to Japanese. Just saying

    Btw, Fairy Tail seems like a Stupid Tale, never seen it. But if i want to see clowns fighting, then i'd just search a youtube clip of two guys dressed up as one while fighting lol.
    Last edited by Ohyeah; 01-17-2014 at 03:52 AM.

  24. #47
    Junior Member Stylemaster is on a distinguished road Stylemaster's Avatar
    Gil
    737.77
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-28-2014 07:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Deep Space
    Threads
    2
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: STYLEmaster G

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    many of the english dubs suck because things get lost in the translation.

    i make my own dubs and after doing a half a season's worth i can say that it comes down to the writers. instead of trying to directly translate the script, writers should try to create a new script that can be understood by the audience. some japanese culture does not translate well and vice versa. english, especially american english, dubs should be american, culturally speaking.

    the dubs i make are aimed at the hiphop community and african american community. so i use terms and cultural references that make sense to that demographic. they dont usually fit the original plot lol but thats okay i guess hahahaha.

    if you wanna check them out then go HERE

  25. #48
    Junior Member JustThatOneGuy is on a distinguished road JustThatOneGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    654.58
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2014 10:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Threads
    0
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    I'm amazed so many people can't read the subs while watching the anime at the same time.

    No offense or anything as dubs vs subs come down to preference (subs have better voice acting though), but that excuse makes me wonder if the dub fanbase is made up of slow readers. Doing both at the same time is really easy..
    I never said I couldn't read and watch at the same time. I said I don't like to, or rather that I, "hate" to haha. I just don't want to read anything. I want to spend 100% of my time enjoying the show. I don't want to have to look down to try and figure out what that person is talking about. If I wanted to read I would have bought the manga. Also, no matter how fast you are at reading. You are still going to miss something when you look down to read the text. Even if it's just a second.

    Also, I think the voice acting is just a matter of opinion. You are never going to turn someone from one side to another. I enjoy dub voice acting more then sub. I'm sure others do too. Others enjoy sub more than dub. No one is more right than the other.

  26. #49
    Member stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron has a reputation beyond repute stocksatron's Avatar
    Gil
    961.23
    Gender
    Gifts Eva NERV Ramen
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2014 01:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Threads
    4
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: stocksatron PSN ID: stocksatron

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stylemaster View Post
    many of the english dubs suck because things get lost in the translation.

    i make my own dubs and after doing a half a season's worth i can say that it comes down to the writers. instead of trying to directly translate the script, writers should try to create a new script that can be understood by the audience. some japanese culture does not translate well and vice versa. english, especially american english, dubs should be american, culturally speaking.

    the dubs i make are aimed at the hiphop community and african american community. so i use terms and cultural references that make sense to that demographic. they dont usually fit the original plot lol but thats okay i guess hahahaha.

    if you wanna check them out then go HERE
    I was about to start having a go at you about how you can't directly translate Japanese and then I started watching your videos...they are rather funny and in many ways support the counter argument for dubbs..

  27. Thanks Stylemaster thanked for this post
    Likes Stylemaster liked this post
  28. #50
    Junior Member Stylemaster is on a distinguished road Stylemaster's Avatar
    Gil
    737.77
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-28-2014 07:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Deep Space
    Threads
    2
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: STYLEmaster G

    Default Re: tell me what happened to all the dubs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by stocksatron View Post
    I was about to start having a go at you about how you can't directly translate Japanese and then I started watching your videos...they are rather funny and in many ways support the counter argument for dubbs..
    thanks! glad you liked em. at the end of the day its about telling a story. and the dialog should effectively help tell the story. too often, the dubs focus on translation of script and not enough on entertaining the audience

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Fan Dubs. Good or Bad?
    By _Freddie_ in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 04:21 PM
  2. Dubs or Subs?
    By TimeWarp0875 in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 06:49 PM
  3. Dubs vs Subs
    By _allismine_ in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 09:09 PM
  4. So...are you for Subs? or Dubs? Maybe both?
    By -Batman- in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-14-2005, 07:15 AM
  5. Subs, or Dubs?
    By Sake in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-20-2005, 12:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts