AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Ultima Online or Neverwinter Nights havw u played

Senior Member Blackthorn is an unknown quantity at this point Blackthorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2005 07:24 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Ultima Online or Neverwinter Nights havw u played

haas anyone ever played ultima online or never winter nights and if you have tell me about it
    Last edited by Blackthorn; 02-28-2005 at 08:37 PM.
    The darkness is all around you, it slowly takes your mind, the darkness is now your master and power is on your mind.

Spread you black wing, cover the world in shadow, accept the darkness or feel the presure of the thorns.

pervelicious... /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa|'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2009 06:49 AM
    Threads

Default Neverwinter Nights (nwn)

Im sure you wouldve heard a lot of good things about neverwinter nights, so heres my different opinion, as someone who doesnt play PC rpgs too often. In fact, the first PC rpg i played was nwn. Sooo, time to rant:

NWN was good as an rpg. Though for the casual gamer like me, i soon became bored with the complexity of the whole battle system, even though it's great that you could customize your characters a lot. There were just too many rules for you to learn, especially if you're new to D&D. The choice to align yourself with good to evil as a result of your actions was a nice touch, but it barely affects the plot at all, it just adds to the atmostphere and overall experience of the game.

The story is quite memorable, and more depth to the story can easily be obtained by reading the books in the game, which are items that you pick up all the time. Luckily, reading the books is purely optional, as theres a lot of text in all those books. But some books which are key items in your quests must be read.

You can only have 2 characters in your party, so that means its only you and your sidekick for the entire game. A lot of people have been led to believe that you would romp around the world with a party of over 5 people, but thats not the case for the singleplayer campaign. Also, character development isnt very up to scratch in this game, as the main development that occurs is from choice incorporated chit chatting until the diaglogue gets repeated, which signals an end to certain depths. But choices that you make will add to depth at times, as in rescue quests you have the choice of killing or saving the subject. Each choice does produce a different outcome, but i found that the effects it has on the plot and story is very minimal.

You could say that any development that occurs doesnt dramatically change any plot, it mainly changes the way the characters would behave with you, so you dont really have that much control over the events in the game. Not as much as you would like. You will probably just get a useless item from the character to commend your pursuit in development. I guess you would find much more development and choices in here than in a FF game, but in spite of this the game is still linear like the ff titles, as you will constantly find yourself with one choice for the things that matter.

The graphics were nice for its time, though now it looks dated. In terms of music, it was good, nothing too flash. Sounds are on the same level too. When it comes to online play, i dont know. But i do know that there are a LOT of modifications downloadable online you can make to the game if you get bored, and more quests that you can download too. Not to mention the 2 expansion packs for nwn that have been out for some time.

This game is DEEP, and once you're in, you can either ignore the depth, like it, or hate it. All in all, i found the game to be too time consuming for its worth, and even stressful at times for a first time rpg player. At the end of it all, i felt more satisfaction from realising that i could finally uninstall the game, than reaching an ending to the story. I definately prefer Dungeon Siege, but even that is a little bit time consuming as it has a lot less depth than nwn. Try it if you like rpgs, obviously you can see that i dont really like them.

....sooo, are we bored yet???
    Last edited by /Aifa|; 03-01-2005 at 04:11 AM. Reason: the spell checks an grammer

Senior Member DarkMagicianGirl has much to be proud of DarkMagicianGirl has much to be proud of DarkMagicianGirl has much to be proud of DarkMagicianGirl has much to be proud of DarkMagicianGirl has much to be proud of DarkMagicianGirl has much to be proud of DarkMagicianGirl has much to be proud of DarkMagicianGirl has much to be proud of DarkMagicianGirl has much to be proud of DarkMagicianGirl has much to be proud of DarkMagicianGirl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2008 05:10 AM
    Threads

Wink Neverwinter Nights

I haven't played the game myself but I know someone who has. Once you get passed the lessons its all out fun from there. The missions start out easy and gets harder as you make your way up in the world.
    Ones magical abilities lies witn in ones heart. A true magician never reveals her secrets for they lye witin her alone.

Member stephen is infamous around these parts stephen is infamous around these parts stephen is infamous around these parts stephen is infamous around these parts stephen is infamous around these parts stephen is infamous around these parts stephen is infamous around these parts stephen is infamous around these parts stephen is infamous around these parts stephen is infamous around these parts stephen is infamous around these parts stephen's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2005 08:36 AM
    Threads

i have played neverwinter nights

Senior Member Blackthorn is an unknown quantity at this point Blackthorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2005 07:24 AM
    Threads

i had a great charactor i figured out almost perfect monk and there were few online that could beat me i love the game
    The darkness is all around you, it slowly takes your mind, the darkness is now your master and power is on your mind.

Spread you black wing, cover the world in shadow, accept the darkness or feel the presure of the thorns.

Vash The Stampede Vash_2007 is an unknown quantity at this point Vash_2007's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2005 02:19 AM
    Threads

Ive played neverwinter nights and I liked it.
    VASH THE STAMPEDE THE HUMANOID TYPHOON!!
    Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's FirstLaw of Equivalent Exchange

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

Neverwinter Nights.. great game.. I loved playing that. It was time consuming, but it was entertaining. And of course, all the people with the funny accents creeped me out.. lol.. Aribeth.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aifa
    I definately prefer Dungeon Siege, but even that is a little bit time consuming as it has a lot less depth than nwn.
    O__O!! I thought I was the only person who played that! I prefer Dungeon Siege to NWN too... Dungeon Siege moved along alot quicker.. and I think I played that game from beginning to end 5 times. And having more people in your party to divide the casting/melee/other stuff was more interesting.. ^_____^ .. But the expantion pack was horrible in my opinion.. >_<.. so I played the Ehb part more than the Legends Of Aranna one..

Oops, too offtopic. ^___^;;

Closed Thread

Thread Information